Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Multiple Server Connections

I have a main clan server where I connect to meet up with clan mates, but they have several games they play and some gaming communities have seperate servers where you contact other clans, etc. Could an option be integrated where either two seperate TeamSpeaks are running or Multiple server connections are possible? And if not, could it be implemented?

Crux Guest
    I will second that. I have the need to be connected to more than one server. Either the ability to run multiple clients or have one client connect to multiple servers would solve my problem. Of course being able to connect to multiple servers would mean having the transmit button assigned on a per server basis, with perhaps a default and an option to transmit to all connected servers. Multiple clients would be easier I think.

*BUMP* Yup, think that would be pretty easy, even if I had to install to completely seperate TeamSpeaks...

I agree with this also. It seems as though for large clans, each one runs their own personal TS server. There are times were we will form a large alliance with other clans and do corrdiated attacks and stuff. To do this we currently have to have everyone on our server leave and join another server. This causes all sorts of other issues (passwords, accounts, IP bans . . . .)

What i think would be VERY advantagous to this server software would be for different servers to be able to work with each other.

Example.

Server A, B, C are seperate outfit servers. Each one operates independantly most of the time. Sometimes they will all work together to do some task, so what server admins at A, and B do is tell there servers to connect to C. When people talk on A, A will send voice out to everyone on its server, and also to C. C will then send voice to everyone on its server and to B (and D,E,F. . . if they were there. Just not back to A)

The main thing that would be good is this, each server that connects to C will be its own 'channel' where only people in the channel can hear whats going on. The channel commanders will be able to communicate between the other channels (servers).

Maybe also there could be some other options, like 'server commander'.

I would also like to see this feature and introduce the idea that each server could have a set programable talk key. Like ins/home/pageup/pagedown/del/end all represent a diffrent server. Ofcourse it could be any key u wish it to be. This may be little easier to do then connecting up servers together and offers the ability to keep them seperated. And maybe a addition shout key to have the sound go out to all servers.

Only problem now is keeping track of who is talking and which server there on. Maybe some background music? or maybe just after they get done saying what there saying a quick server number voice. LoL I dont know how to attack this issue.

Of course with this idea you would only want to send the voice of the 'server commanders' or 'channel commanders' to all the channels when it is requested.

I believe that the way channel commander works right now is that if the channel commander press a specified key, they can talk to all other channel commanders in all channels. This would be good enough if when multiple servers are connected, each server was treated as a channel.

This idea is great!! I could be like a networking feature for multiple servers!

shameless bump. Why? Because I would really like this idea to get commented on my a project developer. Can you blame me?

*bump*

I'll keep bumping this every couple of weeks until a dev takes a look

server joins were suggested quite a while ago... the answer was "no", as it would increase the latency between the interacting persons. TeamSpeak is designed to provide fast interaction. Including this feature and applying it to very large server-connections, would increase the latency as well as the flood of information which has to be transmitted across the servers... If you don't need such a short reaction time then you could use text-chats which can work this way as they don't need as much bandwidth.
    Still I'm thinking about this option and I see the positive aspects, so don't think that my "no" is as obvious as it seems.

The other option was multiple client-connections. I think that's a good Idea, especially as you could just add another server in the channel-tree window. Then you could define keys to the current channel on server one, two... (or bind them by names)... Also a new GUI is planned which could then perhaps be used by collapsing the server's you don't want to talk to... colours could indicate who's talking and so on... there are many ways and we have a lot of good ideas ourselves (and already thought about them)

The funny thing is: if we don't agree server-side solutions but client side solutions I already know that there will be some little users that will trash our concept by building relay clients, that just echo everything they hear... ok, this is causing echos, but both servers will hear you So perhaps it would be better to just include a good solution that isn't some kind of bad hack and causes more problems than it solves.

STILL let's not create any illusions... I think it will take quite a while until we can include any new and big features as these are. There are more important things to do, especially the MAC port...

cu
    SatanClaus

I already do what Ralph said about multiple instances of the client and different key binds for each server. This is by far the best way to go. It works with no adverse effects ie. echo or feed back

Oh, I wasn't talking about Joining Servers, I mean, can a client connect to 2 servers at once? That would be nice, being able to collapse servers that you aren't talking to.

Currently they can't. There isn't a fall-back list of servers either, but an auto-reconnect function.

Thread Information