Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    BHKai is offline -= Undercover TeamSpeak Fanatic =-
    Link to details of the different Socket Errors http://support.microsoft.com/kb/819124

Quote Originally Posted by WalkaboutTigger View Post
    How To Fix The "Error getting network address for ".....". Cause: host not found (11001)"
    How To Fix The "Error getting network address for ".....". Cause: requested entry not found (11004)"

An 11001 error means that the name you provided for a server in the client connection cannot be resolved to an IP address because DNS entries for that host name cannot be found. Try using the appropriate (internal or external) IP address for the server in the client connection string instead of the name.

An 11004 error means that the name you provided for a server in the client connection cannot be resolved to an IP address because DNS entries for that host name cannot be found or connection cannot be resolved to an IP address because DNS entries for that host name are misconfigured (for example a CNAME record without an appropriate A record). Try using the appropriate (internal or external) IP address for the server in the client connection string instead of the name.

If you need help determining your external IP address, from the TS server, bring up a browser and go to http://www.myipaddressis.com/ which will, after a moment, tell you your external IP address.

If you need help determining your internal IP address, from the TS server, go to a command interpreter prompt (on WinNT/XP/2k3, select Start, Run and type CMD and select OK) and type in IPCONFIG (if running WinNT/XP/2k3) and press ENTER. You should see something similar to the following:

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : example.com
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.60
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

which displays the IP address of this machine as being 192.168.1.60 which is the internal IP address.

Walkabout
    An 11001 error means that the name you provided for a server in the client connection cannot be resolved to an IP address because DNS entries for that host name cannot be found. Try using the appropriate (internal or external) IP address for the server in the client connection string instead of the name.

thx worked all good for me

when i try to help people join teamspeak the most commen problems they have to get socket errors is not putting : after the ip and before the port or not putting in the info right on quick connect they try to type in there stuff as if they are regesterd with the server

Give them an URI to connect to server.. easiest way...
    I haven't tried but it is probably doable to have web login form launching the teamspeak if it properly installed.
    Something like

Code:
    <form action="teamspeak://server:port/" method="get">
    <input type="hidden" name="...
    etc. Anyone have willing to test that?

but is it caused by the usb modem ?

Angry socket error 11004

man im a neebie wit computers! cant figure this out ne1 help? ive read everyones problems and fixs but i dont understand

Try using the ip instead of the dns.

Me and alot of ppl play Ghost Recon in the same building and the same network but we have to talk over the internet and when we do talk over the internet it glitches and kickes ppl out i have team speak and server how do i makes so we can go over our network?

Socket error

Ok here i am with the problem of socket error 11004 Again yes again.

I want some other solutions to the problem, i use normal ip adress with port
    still get this error pls help me out on this matter,

i dont think the posts above are usefull in anyway (to me)

i have win xp64bit could that be a problem? is there a 64bit ts?

i realy need help on this i have to talk to my clan again:P

Ralf Jacobs

Could you post a screenshot of the client before you click connect. So that we can see the address?

Alright, so I just started receiving the Socket Error: 11004 yesterday. I've read over almost all of the posts relating to this, and I've tried all of the suggestions to help fix it, but none of them have worked.

When I opened up the Command Prompt, and typed in 'ipconfig /flushdns' it said that "The requested operation requires elevation." I have no idea what that means.

I'm running Windows Vista 32bit, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss2 View Post
    Alright, so I just started receiving the Socket Error: 11004 yesterday. I've read over almost all of the posts relating to this, and I've tried all of the suggestions to help fix it, but none of them have worked.

When I opened up the Command Prompt, and typed in 'ipconfig /flushdns' it said that "The requested operation requires elevation." I have no idea what that means.

I'm running Windows Vista 32bit, btw.
    What is the address that you are using?

For the Command Prompt. Start>all programs>accessories>right click on command prompt and run as admin.

Then run the command.

I've never had a problem before, as I'm using the IP address, which is 63.209.30:8773

Don't know if that's what you meant, but there it is anyway.

You are missing a whole octet.

regular ts ip 192.169.1.1:8767
    your ts ip -- 69.209.3:8773
    is it supposed to be 69.20.9.3:8773

I don't think so. That's the IP I was given, and have been using since April.

Thread Information