Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Error 11001

I can't get this fixed.. I have tried everything. What else can i do?

Ok, I'll be honest, I don't know much about this stuff.... but.... I've been trying to connect to teamspeak2.icongamers.com for a while and I get the socket error.... I don't know any other server addresses and I'm stuck.

I'm trying to get on to play Americas Army if that has anything to do with it. but yeah, help me please. -_-

Try ts2.matureasskickers.net

Walkabout

I see everywhere that to solve this error you should use the IP address rather than the other name, but I am using the IP address...

Quote Originally Posted by mitsukai
    I see everywhere that to solve this error you should use the IP address rather than the other name, but I am using the IP address...
    same thing here. im just trying to set up a server for me and my friend, nothing serious or long term. :/ help

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Squirrels
    ....to teamspeak2.icongamers.com for a while and I get the socket error.... I don't know any other server addresses and I'm stuck.
    tried to ping this DNS =>

>ping teamspeak2.icongamers.com
    ping: unknown host teamspeak2.icongamers.com

=> this DNS does not exist (at the moment)

Same problem as everyone else..I have TS2 on two computers...One using the ip address and the other using the address with words. I also contacted the owner of the server to verify the ip address. The one with using words instead of the ip address is on a windows ME operating system works. Problem is that is my laptop and its VERY slow about 5 yrs old . The computer I want to use it on I built 2 months ago. Any ideas? I am thinking it dosent like XP but my friends are using XP.

I am getting this socket error #11004 as well...I am using the IP address and it gives me the exact thing still...I am not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to computers, so can someone just tell me in very simple terms how to fix this or if it is even fixable? Here's what I do: I open TS, I go to connect, I type in the required information and I don't use the name I put in the IP address and it still does not work....I hope someone will be able to help me cuz I really would like to communicate with my clan using TS!!!!!

Unhappy

I dont think anyone cares about this problem since no one has responded to my post either. My guess is its probably a sound card issue. I havent had time to test this out yet.

I'd be VERY surprised to see the 11004 socket error when connecting by the IP !
    This socket error means the IP address to the DNS name you entered could not be resolved.
    So to be honest, I have my doubt about your statement

- Can you at least ping the IP ?
    - Does a port scann shows a open UDP port (e.g. 8767) ?

Quote Originally Posted by HatchetschiC{WC}
    I can't get this fixed.. I have tried everything. What else can i do?
    Pls, no statements like this. This only marks you as a BIG idiot and is no help for us (and finally for you). If you tried EVERYTHING, then there is nothing else to try => your problem can't be fixed !
    so instead post WHAT you tried,.....

I have a new question...

What do the rest of us have to do to get a reply?
    There are several replies before Reds that havent been replied too some on the previous page.

Are you looking into these other issues or didnt anyone think they were at least worth responding too?

If my previous post needs more info I wish someone would mention it.

Sorry if I sound a bit pissed off but what the heck its been over a month.

( I about to toss my laptop out the window and need to get it working on one of my newer machines)
    Last edited by Overtime; 23-02-2005 at 23:10.

Well dont bother replying to my post for help. I see how things are. It seems that the staff picks and chooses who they want to help and the heck with everyone else. Sounds like discrimination.

Well my problem is now fixed. I have no idea why it works now. My only guess since nothing was changed on my end is this.

The server was moved, and perhaps the new server is using the ip insted of the domain name. Funny thing is no one mentioned if it was the client that should be changed or the server when changing domain name to ip.

I had done everything these threads suggested, and nothing worked - I still got socket error 11004. In the end, in order to use Teamspeak, I had to shut off my firewall(s) (I had Zonealarm and Norton Systemworks firewalls) - if you have one up, it's possible that that's the cause of your problem. Set your firewall to allow Teamspeak, however you need to do that.

Not sure why this hasn't been suggested yet by someone higher up, but give it a shot, guys. I know my frustration's finally ended.

Update: it was my Norton firewall that was causing the problem and giving me "socket error 11004". It can be configured to accept the program, rather than block it, and now Teamspeak works while using the firewall.

Socket error #1004

I have done that, entered the IP address and still get the Error message. any more help. Also TS2 is running on 2 other puters in my home, with no problems, all XP Pro, 2 with identical CPS and MB's same brand Graphics cards, same memory, yet it works on one and not the other ? Fire wall is turned off now and still nothing
    Last edited by top; 22-03-2005 at 23:21. Reason: addition info

Thread Information