Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Help!!

i am unable to connect to any teamspeak server...it is not only TS it is also the game i play called americas army but i am not under any firewall i have dmz enabled i dont know what else to do i thought it could be a NAT problem but dmz is enabled so its not

Quote Originally Posted by hTIG
    I am making this guide to help those in need of it.

Basically routers pretty much have the same BASICS .
    First you need to familarize yourself with the interface of your router. Nothing here is more imortant than this.

I need to define a few terms that are going to be used here.

First is LAN: Local Area Network.

Basically this is any PC behind a router. If you have four PC's (or 1 or 2 or 3 or even more than four PC's) this group of PC's that are connected to your router is your Local Area Network (LAN). Each will have its own LAN ip address which is a string of numbers such as this example: 192.168.1.100.

Next is WAN:Wide Area Network

In plain english this is the internet. The internet is the largest WAN on earth.

Last is Port Forwarding: I call it opening ports. But it really just redirects traffic in your router or firewall.

As I said before, Get to know your router interface. Most important thing you can do. You get to the interface by bringing up externet explorer. In the address bar type in 192.168.1.1. This is the address of the router and is called the default gateway also. You should now be promted for a user name and password. Dont be alarmed by this. All you have to do is call the customer service number in your manual to get this information. By default most of the time username is left blank and password is admin.
    Now you want to look for Forwarding, or Port Forwarding it may even be Virtual Server, UPnP Port Forwarding or Port Range Forwarding. Any of these Should work....You may have to click on advanced setup to find this.
    Once you have the port number entered and made sure that it is set to UDP and or TCP. You have to froward the port to the right LAN ip. That means setting it to the LAN ip of the machine running the server program. If your LAN ip is (example) 192.168.1.101 then you would enter 192.168.1.101 into the ip box provided.

Once you find this you can enter the required ports that it takes to operate TS server behind a router. These ports are: 8767 UDP, 14534 TCP, 51234 TCP.

All you should have to open is UDP port 8767, the others should only be pen when REALLY necessary (possible security risk).

The page may have a bunch of boxes lined up in a rows and or colums, or have a single box. You may have to even name it. If so there will be a box provided to do so. You cant use the same name more than once either. So that means you will have to name each port something different from each other.

Sometimes you may even have to provide a port trigger. Normally this is the port that you are trying to open. So if you need a port trigger for port 8767 UDP. The trigger should be 8767. And such for any other port that you want to open.

Now for the WAN part of this. Your router will have a WAN address. Such as example: 12.178.135.153. This is the ip address(WAN address) that you want to give out to other people!! You can find this ip by going to the status page on router. If you cant find it. Call your customer service number in the manual for your router. Or call your Internet Service Provider.

You can use your LAN ip to join your server that you are hosting on your PC. But to get other people on it you need to give them your WAN address.

This guide is for TS server. Not the Client!!
    Think of it this way.. the server is the meeting point of all the people that you want to talk to. The client is what you use to talk with...

EDITED by Guldi: Removed port 8768 TCP as 1) TS per default uses only 8767 UDP and 2) there is def. no need for a 8768 TCP port 3) added a security warning for opening the TCPQuery & webinterface port.
    what's an externet explorer?

Help!

Alright I have the server, I have opened the ports as directed from the first post on this forum and from http://www.portforward.com/english/r.../TeamSpeak.htm the bit about my router.

I am running a McAfee firewall with the ports set to open from this guide http://firewalling.com/personalfirew...rewallPlus.htm

Yet I cannot connect using my own IP address and my friends cannot connect.

I am running win x98.

Pls help

Thank you, this worked perfectly for me.

Win issue

I used to be able to run a server just fine, but recently haven't been able to make it run (another friend had been running our server for a few months). After serveral grueling hours, the issue appears not to be related to my router or to TS, but to Windows XP SP2.

I can run a TS server just fine on another PC behind the same router that's running SP1, so I know it isn't a router issue. I suspect that Windows Firewall may be the root of the problem, even though I've tried allowing TS ports explicityly and turning it off totally, so it may be some Windows 'security update' BS or something. Or maybe Windows is just port blocking things even when I tell it not to.

So just some advice, if you have your router configured to open and forward your ports correctly and it still doesn't work, your issue may be Windows related, not router related. Just check your router log if you can to see if it's showing 8767 being blocked or not.

Quote Originally Posted by hTIG
    I am making this guide to help those in need of it.

Basically routers pretty much have the same BASICS .
    First you need to familarize yourself with the interface of your router. Nothing here is more imortant than this.

I need to define a few terms that are going to be used here.

First is LAN: Local Area Network.

Basically this is any PC behind a router. If you have four PC's (or 1 or 2 or 3 or even more than four PC's) this group of PC's that are connected to your router is your Local Area Network (LAN). Each will have its own LAN ip address which is a string of numbers such as this example: 192.168.1.100.

Next is WAN:Wide Area Network

In plain english this is the internet. The internet is the largest WAN on earth.

Last is Port Forwarding: I call it opening ports. But it really just redirects traffic in your router or firewall.

As I said before, Get to know your router interface. Most important thing you can do. You get to the interface by bringing up externet explorer. In the address bar type in 192.168.1.1. This is the address of the router and is called the default gateway also. You should now be promted for a user name and password. Dont be alarmed by this. All you have to do is call the customer service number in your manual to get this information. By default most of the time username is left blank and password is admin.
    Now you want to look for Forwarding, or Port Forwarding it may even be Virtual Server, UPnP Port Forwarding or Port Range Forwarding. Any of these Should work....You may have to click on advanced setup to find this.
    Once you have the port number entered and made sure that it is set to UDP and or TCP. You have to froward the port to the right LAN ip. That means setting it to the LAN ip of the machine running the server program. If your LAN ip is (example) 192.168.1.101 then you would enter 192.168.1.101 into the ip box provided.

Once you find this you can enter the required ports that it takes to operate TS server behind a router. These ports are: 8767 UDP, 14534 TCP, 51234 TCP.

All you should have to open is UDP port 8767, the others should only be pen when REALLY necessary (possible security risk).

The page may have a bunch of boxes lined up in a rows and or colums, or have a single box. You may have to even name it. If so there will be a box provided to do so. You cant use the same name more than once either. So that means you will have to name each port something different from each other.

Sometimes you may even have to provide a port trigger. Normally this is the port that you are trying to open. So if you need a port trigger for port 8767 UDP. The trigger should be 8767. And such for any other port that you want to open.

Now for the WAN part of this. Your router will have a WAN address. Such as example: 12.178.135.153. This is the ip address(WAN address) that you want to give out to other people!! You can find this ip by going to the status page on router. If you cant find it. Call your customer service number in the manual for your router. Or call your Internet Service Provider.

You can use your LAN ip to join your server that you are hosting on your PC. But to get other people on it you need to give them your WAN address.

This guide is for TS server. Not the Client!!
    Think of it this way.. the server is the meeting point of all the people that you want to talk to. The client is what you use to talk with...

EDITED by Guldi: Removed port 8768 TCP as 1) TS per default uses only 8767 UDP and 2) there is def. no need for a 8768 TCP port 3) added a security warning for opening the TCPQuery & webinterface port.
    when i type in 192.168.1.1 under address bar, it doesnt work (page cannot be displayed), my own ip doesnt work elso.. i need lotssss of help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ad4m
    when i type in 192.168.1.1 under address bar, it doesnt work (page cannot be displayed), my own ip doesnt work elso.. i need lotssss of help on this.
    Look in to your router manual for the address.
    Maybe it's also 192.168.0.1 or something.

Externet

HOw do i get to the externet????

he just ment a BROWSER..
    firefox, opera, konqueror... or if u really havnt got anything better (*flame*).. internet explorer (which he named externet explorer)

another bad term...
    opening ports..
    pls.. port forwarding != opening ports.. using the same term for both things just leads to misunderstanding

at least.. on-topic..
    i have a WGT624 as well.. i'm not a noob as well.. and.. it doesnt work for me as well..
    forwarded needed port(s) (that works well for other apps)
    tried the .55-client-version
    tried some fun with the server.ini (ExternalIpDetection=0.. cause it didnt work for me anyway, BoundToIP=local server ip)
    im able to connect to internal local server-ip, but not via my external ip

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritGirl.MMI
    We have a Win98 behind a Linksys NR041 router, static local IP. We forwarded port 8767 to the local TS servers IP.

This is ALL that was necessary to set up on the router. We had the problem that so many are having, and about 1 out of 5 people had a problem connecting.

Two main solutions emerged. First, we had anyone who had a problem, go to www.pandasoftware.com/activescan This pointed out the problem on half of those who had trouble connecting. They had a virus or spyware/iehacker.

The others were directed to ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/te....org/releases/
    to download ts2_client_rc2_2031.exe which is client version 2.0.32.55
    instead of 2.0.32.60

Out of about 50 tries, only 1 remains a problem, and he has other problems with his Windows. He can connect, but cannot register. Hope this helps.

Additional info - DMZ did not help. Also, one of the Win ME systems that had this problem was on the same LAN, and could not connect via internal or external IP, until we loaded the earlier TS Client. In no case, did superadmin manipulation of user, or deletion of user profile, improve connectivity. No firewall product was a factor, and the antivirus being used on the TS server was AVG (www.grisoft.com). The only other port forwarded by this router was 40000 TCP for WolfRat. No port RANGES were forwarded.

Teamspeak is great. The manual is pretty good. And having the forums has been most helpful. We are impressed. tcscushing****.com
    Be Careful, Trojan detected by Norton when running ts2_clien_rc2_2031.exe. Creator of the threat above please check your files before posting them, unless you are inflicting trojan intentionally. Thanks!

Exclamation

im having problems with my dlink DI-524 wireless router. The computer i have ts working on is runnning on cat 5, NOT wifi and as i had it working once, but a storm took out my power, now its not working...it says that the settings are still there, but whats going on?

Question

im having problems with my dlink DI-524 wireless router. The computer i have ts working on is runnning on cat 5, NOT wifi and as i had it working once, but a storm took out my power, now its not working...it says that the settings are still there, but whats going on?
    ok, i think i got it...if you read this, please try to log into my server. the address is 24.11.143.125:8767 and please post back here if you can get in...oh, btw, you can come back anytime too...
    Last edited by Chewbaccasaurus; 14-09-2005 at 21:24.

Ma111

please can someone help??? i have a NetGear MA111 wireless router and noone from an outside line can connect. i've done the port forwarding and activated the UPnP. Can someone tell me what i need to do?

Problem with my netgear WGT624 router

Hi all,

so i have a Netgear WGT624 router. I do the IpForwarding and i could connect to the ts server in the Lan, but not from Internet....

Plz i know that i'm not alone to have this problem... Could someone help me...

Thx and cu

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbaccasaurus
    ok, i think i got it...if you read this, please try to log into my server. the address is 24.11.143.125:8767 and please post back here if you can get in...oh, btw, you can come back anytime too...
    ok, screwed up...turns out my STUPID Dlink DI-524 doesnt want anyone to use it besides me...seeing how my lil brother cant get on to world of warcraft either...but i can...Anyways, my ip switched for some reason while i was messing with the settings....IM FOLLOWING THIS FAQ AS IT SAYS AND I STILL GET "Error".....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEONE HELP AND READ THE POSTS ABOUT PEOPLE NEEDING HELP!!!

Thread Information