Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Teamspeak through headphones/game through speakers.

Teamspeak through Headphones/Game through speakers?
    Does anyone know if this is possible.

Because at the moment i am having a silly problem. My right and left earphone seem to be the wrong way around. For example Playing a shooting game , someone shoots on the left side and i hear out of the right headphone and vise versa not just games it does it for everything.

Yes i have the headphones the right way round

If anyone could help me with either of these problems i would be greatful.

Because at the moment i am having a silly problem. My right and left earphone seem to be the wrong way around. For example Playing a shooting game , someone shoots on the left side and i hear out of the right headphone and vise versa not just games it does it for everything.
    And what does it have to do with TS ?

As far as i know, you can only choose your soundcard, not the output itself, even IG, you can select the way the sound will be rendered (headphones, speakers, 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 blah blah blah), but the output of the card ?

If you read the post title that was my question, i just added what my problem was which is nothing to do with ts.

about this ... YES, you can use game sound through speakers and a headphone only to hear friends and talk wirh teamspeak. You only need two sound cards and windows xp.

Then, if you have 2 sound cards installed:
    1) the sound of windows (speakers) its already enabled in one card
    2) you must have 2 administrator accounts (well, the account you use with the speakers can be a user not administrator, but you need an administrator to run a different account with teamspeak)
    3)Log in the administrator account "headphones account" and set the sound in this account with the other sound card, the one who has the headphone/mic in. Log out.
    4)in your normal-user accoun, the speakers one, do this. Right click over the teamspeak icon, "run as" and use the administrator account "headphones account".

Then you have your windows sound at the speakers, and your teamspeak running in another account, using the second sound card. If you need to change your sound/rec volume to use teamspeak, you must do it inside the "headphones account".

An easier suggestion

First of - Some soundcards - like mine acutally allows you to choose between such. I have a front in and front out, rear out and rear in (in = mic ; out = headphones/speakers), and I can choose between them as I like.

However, it doesn't sound like you have such a soundcard. But instead of going around this problem with 2 XP accounts and 2 soundcards, that'll probaly end up conflicting anyways, why not just select Reverse Stereo (or maybe unselect it, if that is the problem) in the game(s) that's affected? Almost every game has such a setting, and if not - you could do it in your soundcard, as I is a regular setting, that has been used since soundcards came in Pcs...

Might that be an easy option?

Cheers,
    NicoLeise

Thread Information