Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    2006-09-16 15:39:59 | src/main.cpp(126) | failed to start LCDMon.exe | 00000005=Access is denied.

Anyway now it works! Really thx for the help mate, this program rocks!!!

Changes in v2.2:

• Don't log the most common TS2 communication errors; fills up log.
    • Tweaked thread synchronization method for LCD updates.
    • Added more error messages around LCDMon.exe launching.
    • One single processor machines, keep the TS2 interface thread at normal priority.
    • If net I/O initialization failed, retry at intervals.

Hey, awesome plugin, but the one thing I'd like to disable, I can't

The item in question for me is the CPU/RAM usage and the bandwidth IN/OUT as the TS2 nick of whoever is speaking sits on top of that, and I also find the constant movement from it distracting during games. So therefore, my question is this, how does one disable this section of the plugin?

Many best regards,

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by [VE3D]AndyB View Post
    Hey, awesome plugin, but the one thing I'd like to disable, I can't

The item in question for me is the CPU/RAM usage and the bandwidth IN/OUT as the TS2 nick of whoever is speaking sits on top of that, and I also find the constant movement from it distracting during games. So therefore, my question is this, how does one disable this section of the plugin?

Many best regards,

Andy
    Currently you can't.

Changes in v2.3:

• Calculate daylight savings time status on initialization.
    • Immediately terminate LCDSirReal when system shutdown detected.
    • Use alternate method of detecting PID's on Windows XP and above.
    • Tweaked TS2 mutex timeout.
    • Removed even more redundant TS2 errors from the log.
    • Improved shutdown sequence handling.

Ive got some problems with the net-function. My shown download is two times higher than in real, but my upload is correct. Can i do something to change this? (sorry for my bad english)

Hello, first off I must say great job on this applet.

I do have some problems with the "speaker function". I can't swap between headphones and 5.1 by pressing the button. It shows correctly, but when I swap to headphones, it doesnt change the sound output, I still have sound in all my speakers.

I have a Shuttle xPc. Soundcard is "SiS 7012 Audio Device" and it uses the software "Sound Manager" for control, which makes it rather easy to swap from headphones to 5.1 but I would really like to have the possibility to use the function that you made.

Let me know if I need to provide you with any more information

Quote Originally Posted by Keion View Post
    Hello, first off I must say great job on this applet.

I do have some problems with the "speaker function". I can't swap between headphones and 5.1 by pressing the button. It shows correctly, but when I swap to headphones, it doesnt change the sound output, I still have sound in all my speakers.

I have a Shuttle xPc. Soundcard is "SiS 7012 Audio Device" and it uses the software "Sound Manager" for control, which makes it rather easy to swap from headphones to 5.1 but I would really like to have the possibility to use the function that you made.

Let me know if I need to provide you with any more information
    Pressing the button has the same effect as going into Settings -> Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Speaker Settings. It doesn't support specialized hardware switching schemes as provided by shuttle and others.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndraptor View Post
    Ive got some problems with the net-function. My shown download is two times higher than in real, but my upload is correct. Can i do something to change this? (sorry for my bad english)
    The download you see is the aggregate across all network interfaces, not just 'from the internet'.

Changes in v2.4:
    • Added startup mode selection to slot modules.
    • Added support for SpeedFan.
    • Fixed the 'repeating speaker' TS2 display bug.
    • Added support for iTunes. See notes below!
    • Rewrote net statistics to use TDI instead of WMI (less CPU usage, less memory footprint)

A few notes about the iTunes support.

First, the iTunes COM API uses a LOT of memory. While LCDSirReal itself is only a few KB bigger, loading the iTunes API will require several megabytes (although LCDSirReal will not load the API until iTunes is started). Of course, if you're running iTunes, that probably won't bother you as iTunes itself uses some 40+MB.

Second, iTunes 7 (as of this writing) doesn't support global media keys. Meaning, PLAY, STOP, NEXT and PREVIOUS TRACK keys only work if iTunes is in the foreground. Again, if you use iTunes you are probably already using one of the many small applications that exist to solve this. There now exists one more: Change "tun_mediakeys" to nonzero in lcdsirreal.txt, and LCDSirReal will send media key presses to iTunes if iTunes is in the background.

Great work... i love this plugin...

But i got one question... when i view the errors.txt, it tells me something about the src/main.cpp and src/lcd.cpp....

Well, i dont see these files in the src folder.... where can i get them... or isnt it important ?

Quote Originally Posted by Neomhor View Post
    Great work... i love this plugin...

But i got one question... when i view the errors.txt, it tells me something about the src/main.cpp and src/lcd.cpp....

Well, i dont see these files in the src folder.... where can i get them... or isnt it important ?
    Those are source code file references -- if I had to look for the cause of a specific error, that text would let me know where to start.
    In other words: To you, it isn't important.

Big THX Sir Real for this nice work.

Now i have a question. How can i restart the panel during the work.
    I've changed the config so i can switch the sound between headphones and 7.1.

Now i have to reboot windows, because i dont know where i can do a restart.
    Second question. is there any project which developes drivers for unix?

thx

Keep on going

Is there any irc channel where i can find you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Big THX Sir Real for this nice work.

Now i have a question. How can i restart the panel during the work.
    I've changed the config so i can switch the sound between headphones and 7.1.

Now i have to reboot windows, because i dont know where i can do a restart.
    Second question. is there any project which developes drivers for unix?

thx

Keep on going

Is there any irc channel where i can find you?
    To stop LCDSirReal: Hold all four softbuttons at the same time.
    Ask Logitech for drivers.

Winamp glitch...

First off, i love this mod, although i cant seem to get her to work longer than...10 seconds??

I have read all other posts above this one, went through the text file associated with this application (which is great app by the way!) I've done a little test, and whenever i dont have winamp on, this app works fine, When i run winamp and turn on this application, she crashes on me She also dies on me if i have this application running and then turn on winamp, Is there something that has to be adjusted with winamp?? as long as i dont have winamp running, this baby's fine...is it winamp thats giving this problem or the application itself? (I'm using winamp 5.32- Basic, Full version)

Hope you have the answer sir (or mme?) as i would love to use this program while bouncin my head to the sounds of music!

Thanks in advance

- MonkiE

Thread Information