Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

What is my server URL

What is the url to my server i can not find it and in the little try thing it wont do the window pop up

Bastian Guest
    The feature you are refering to does not show URLs. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL

An URL would look like this: teamspeak://62.146.116.194:8767. If the client was installed properly, clicking this link or entering this URL into a web browser will open the TeamSpeak client and connect to the server running on the specified IP address.

What you are looking for is probably the IP part of this URL. You can find it by using a service like WhatIsMyIP.com.

Please note that this external IP address will most likely not work for people inside your local network or yourself. People inside the same local network have to use you so called LAN IP address. It usually starts with 192.168.. You can find it by opening a command window (Start > Run > cmd) and typing ipconfig /all.

If the server is running on the computer as your client, you can simply use the famous loopback IP address 127.0.0.1 or use the word "localhost".

However, I strongly recommend informing yourself about the basics of computer networks as this is essential knowledge for running servers.

what i mean is for the administration thing on the server like how it has that little server icon and you right click on that and click administration and all

Thread Information