Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    5

    Teamspeak server lag?

    Hey.

    I installed my teamspeak server on a linux without trouble..

    so now im on my server, i have really good ping. 50 (server is in USA, Texas) and im living close to the server and im testing with some1 oversea.. from Sweden, 72 ping.. Fantastic.

    but then a problem happens.. i notice that our ping is getting higher the more we speak, nothing really big and when we stop it falls... but im more worried about when 100-200 people is on, talking....

    my server is perfectly to use this... its been upgrade so there should be no problem... but though i suspect it is my host... but i dont know where the problem is...


    addition... when changing codex... everyone gets their ping increased

    sucks.. but i also asked my host about this..

    but i want to see what you guys know about this or this is just me?


    Thank you for all that answering with help that i can use

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten5t View Post
    Hey.

    I installed my teamspeak server on a linux without trouble..

    so now im on my server, i have really good ping. 50 (server is in USA, Texas) and im living close to the server and im testing with some1 oversea.. from Sweden, 72 ping.. Fantastic.

    but then a problem happens.. i notice that our ping is getting higher the more we speak, nothing really big and when we stop it falls... but im more worried about when 100-200 people is on, talking....

    my server is perfectly to use this... its been upgrade so there should be no problem... but though i suspect it is my host... but i dont know where the problem is...


    addition... when changing codex... everyone gets their ping increased

    sucks.. but i also asked my host about this..

    but i want to see what you guys know about this or this is just me?


    Thank you for all that answering with help that i can use
    Of course ping is going to increase when more people are talking, and reduce when people are not


    Its to do with the internet connection bandwith. When more people are talking, there is more data having to be transmitted and recieved by the server, hence the ping increasing...

    Which way did you change codec? Up or down?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedy Boy View Post
    Of course ping is going to increase when more people are talking, and reduce when people are not


    Its to do with the internet connection bandwith. When more people are talking, there is more data having to be transmitted and recieved by the server, hence the ping increasing...

    Which way did you change codec? Up or down?
    Offcause it will, but not as extreme like this.

    And about the codec.... both way

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    5
    Another update...


    Everytime im clicking on my self to get info.. my ping increase by 2 all the time... and continue all the way up to 400.... and there i stopped...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten5t View Post
    Another update...


    Everytime im clicking on my self to get info.. my ping increase by 2 all the time... and continue all the way up to 400.... and there i stopped...
    Are you using the latest server version?

    http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedy Boy View Post
    Are you using the latest server version?

    http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads
    yes, and i installed the beta to see if it fixed it, but it didnt

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Router :'(
    By Stammer in forum [TeamSpeak 2] Server Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 07:49
  2. disconnection
    By Barmace in forum [TeamSpeak 2] Server Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 19:23
  3. TeamSpeak Server won't report Statistics to your Webserver/PHP Script
    By T. Boonstra in forum [TeamSpeak Classic] General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-06-2002, 21:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •