Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Teamspeak "push to talk" not working in-game

Well, my clan and I play TF2, and we do own a teamspeak server. However, the push to talk function doesn't work for me in-game, or in any game for that matter. Voice activation does work, but not push to talk. I can't just use Voice activation because I also need to be able to talk in-game.

I am running Windows Vista, and I have a basic Realtek Audio sound card. I am also running this on a laptop.

Assistance on this matter would be very appreciated!

BHKai is offline -= Undercover TeamSpeak Fanatic =-
    Run as admin (since it is shorter in text than typing USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!)

What? All I want is some help, and search gave me nothing. All sorts of topics gone unanswered, but all have the same problem.

"Run as admin" is the answer.

Right click > run as administrator.

that doesnt work for me either ... i have TS running as admin and im still not able to use PTT in BF2 mod Forgotten Hope 2 (FH2). I can in other games but not FH2.

well, i have this same realtec, and i have a laptop too.
    And I have this same problem, but in a another game: Lineage II.
    1/2of my clan is using 'Vista' and push-to-talk doesnt work.

Please help

re-install it . and mine do the same and run with admin but :S

Quote Originally Posted by BHKai View Post
    Run as admin (since it is shorter in text than typing USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!)
    Oh please please please, respond to this in the same way after others have posted that you are of no help.

This is certainly not an issue unique to Vista. I am running XP MCE and have been suffering through the same problems for months. The only fix for me was to run TS as administrator, which then wouldn't allow TS Overlay to operate properly - oh well, at least TS was working again. Well until yesterday. I am now getting the same issues even while running TS as administrator. I have changed nothing with my computer nor how I open things. It just stopped working at an apperently random time just as it did in the past. Complete removal and reinstallation does not solve this.

So, Super poster BHKai any real suggestions? Or will this post go with the countless others I have encountered with people having the same issue.

I'm sorry for the negetivity, but seriously, some people live on a forum and want to be the god of the forum, but lend no actual value to anything.

What game are you playing?

Same here. By using the search function i have found a couple of threads dealing with the same problem, but no solution so far.

The game in my case is Everquest 2. While push to talk works fine for me in every other game, for a reason in EQ2 it just does not.

I
    -reinstalled both TS and EQ2
    -tried to run it as admin
    -set up a new admin account for a try
    -remapped and even deleted all ingame hotkeys
    -tried various hotkeys for push to talk
    -fiddled around with all ingame sound setting like Miles 2D, Creative EAX2, 3 etc.
    -tried various sound and source related settings in the TS options.

I also noticed that when i run the game in window mode, push to talk does not work anymore as soon as Teamspeak isn't the active window on my desktop anymore.
    My OS is WinXP, Soundblaster Audigy 1, drivers 5.12.4.1196 from 11.08.2006 (as far as i can tell creative doesnt provide any newer drivers in the dl-section on their hp), Dx 9.0c 4.09.0000.0904

Any hints would be appreciated since voice activation is not an option for me.
    Thank you!

*Edit: problem is the same with both 2.0.32.60 and 2.0.33.7

*Edit2:
    Problem solved for me.
    Unchecking "Disable Direct Input" did it for me. Maybe this helps for one or another of you guys as well. Good luck!
    Last edited by Korgul; 07-02-2008 at 15:41.

I have the same problem

I am running Vista 64 bit and have never had this problem untill I started playing 2moons. I cannot push to tallk but can use voice activation.

I have tried most of the above options and it still does not work for me.

I will try unchecking that box you mentioned and see if that helps. I am also going to redownload the latest version of TS to see if that helps resolve this issue.

Well for many months I have been running Vista with UAC disabled...that is until I was inadvertantly infected with some viruses that got in thru IE7 "unprotected mode."

I re-enabled UAC and from that point on my Teamspeak press to talk didn't work anymore unless the TS windows was active, so in games...etc, I was pressing to talk...nothing was coming out, SILENCE.

The "run as administrator" fixed my problem. All is now as it was before, just gotta run it with admin rights.

Thanks all

Tarl

Lightbulb Worked for me...

Just in case you have'nt tried already, running it in win XP mode with ADMIN priv. worked for me.

Hope this helped!!
    sketba

Thread Information