Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    How do I fix all this sort of mess then:

12-03-03 13:47:49,ERROR,All,SQL, OpenSQL Error: database is locked in query: select * from ts2_servers where i_server_udpport = 8767

Seems to only run properly under FreeBSD 5.0

How about some competant explaination here?

First of all, why download the replacement binary? It doesn't appear to behave any differently than the orignal?

You say it uses sqlite? Fine, I installed FreeBSD's sqlite port, but I still get nothing but SQL errors like this:

12-03-03 14:21:48,ERROR,All,SQL, ExcecSQL Error: database is locked in qu
    ery: PRAGMA default_synchronous = OFF;

in the server.ini file and get login failed if I try to login as admin or superadmin on the web console.

There is a zero length server.dbs file created.

Included in the dist is a sqlite.so file. Is this all the sqlite that's needed?

YAY for me! woohoo!
    acutally, I was forced to upgrade...
    I messed up the upgrade of Linux_base7.1_1 to 7.1_2
    and my machine wouldn't boot.
    so I just downloaded the 5.0 iso, burned it to disk, installed.
    then tried TS2RC2 again.
    and blammo, it worked!

hooray!

Oki tell me what is that sql support or mordule??, is it the mysql server or somthing??
    How did you install that, did you port it, or did you d/l a source, and compiled it?? tell more!!

teamspeak rc2 is backed by a sqlite db. If you have linux u can download the sqlite source compile it and over write the sqlite.so with the new version compiled on your system. For FreeBSD users the solution is to upgrade to version 5.0 ( not for the light hearted as its a backup and reinstall job ).

Originally posted by Killing
    teamspeak rc2 is backed by a sqlite db. If you have linux u can download the sqlite source compile it and over write the sqlite.so with the new version compiled on your system. For FreeBSD users the solution is to upgrade to version 5.0 ( not for the light hearted as its a backup and reinstall job ).
    5.0 is not a solution. It's bleeding edge, buggy code that there's no way in hell I'm gonna install in a co-lo'd machine.

Oh, and you're wrong. . . you can do an upgrade from source from v4.x to v5.0.

Okay, I am already running FreeBSD 5.0 and have been so for a long while (certainly for half a year).

I still get the same old problem as before, it doesn't matter whether I install sqlite from the ports tree, mysql or anything else. I still get:

12-03-03 18:25:15,ALL,Info,server, Server init initialized
    12-03-03 18:25:15,ALL,Info,server, Server version: 2.0.19.22 Linux
    12-03-03 18:25:15,ERROR,All,SQL, Database initialization error: Library "sqlite.dll" not found.
    12-03-03 18:25:15,ERROR,All,SQL, Database initialization error: Library "sqlite.dll" not found.
    12-03-03 18:25:15,ERROR,All,SERVER, Start_TeamSpeak_Server: unable to open sqlite database

Can someone maybe outline how exactly they got it working under FreeBSD 5.0? I think I am missing a step on how to get the sqlite libraries into the directory, as well as maybe missing a few files (what the hell is sqlite.dll anyway).

It would be very appreciated, thanks

You cant have been using 5.0 release for over half a year as it was only released on "19 January, 2003" :P
    Anyhow the steps to get running here where to simply expand the archive and run no brandelf nothing just run the tss.minimal after correcting the shell i.e. /bin/bash -> /usr/local/bin/bash

One thing to note the convert script doesnt work even under 5.0 the way to work around this it to install the win32 RC2 server and script. Copy server.db and server.ini to there. Run the convert and then copy the server.dbs file back to the FreeBSD box.

Also note the convert script doesnt seem to do sub channels

You cant have been using 5.0 release for over half a year as it was only released on "19 January, 2003" :P
    Anyhow the steps to get running here where to simply expand the archive and run no brandelf nothing just run the tss.minimal after correcting the shell i.e. /bin/bash -> /usr/local/bin/bash

One thing to note the convert script doesnt work even under 5.0 the way to work around this it to install the win32 RC2 server and script. Copy server.db and server.ini to there. Run the convert and then copy the server.dbs file back to the FreeBSD box.

Also note the convert script doesnt seem to do sub channels
    I've been using the current tree (I only got interested in FreeBSD recently and figured that it was pretty useless to learn with 4.x when it would be replaced soon enough) and I haven't synced my sources since I upgraded to 5.0-release, that's why I've been using it for so long. And it still gives me the error of not finding 'sqlite.dll'. The original server_linux that comes with appears to work fine but it doesn't really let me connect or anything while build 22 won't even start because of that error.

Did you ever get that error, and if so, what did you do to overcome it? I think there is a library that I have to copy to the b22 directory but I am lost. Any insight would be appreciated.

every OS has it's bugs...
    I've not found any with 5.0 yet.
    YET. and I doubt I will.

and as for the dude using it for like 6 months...
    you should probably find the stable release.

also... as for the guy that says you can upgrade...
    um... upgrade is not yet available...
    it's a re-installation thing.

Originally posted by AbbraCadaver
    every OS has it's bugs...
    I've not found any with 5.0 yet.
    YET. and I doubt I will.

and as for the dude using it for like 6 months...
    you should probably find the stable release.

also... as for the guy that says you can upgrade...
    um... upgrade is not yet available...
    it's a re-installation thing.
    I've been using the -RELEASE tree ever since 5.0-RELEASE came out, but that is besides the point.

What I was going to add was that I get a "bad response from server" whenever I attempt to connect to my TS2 server using the non-b22 version. The http server works fine and I can edit all my settings, but I can't connect to it throught he TS2 client. Is this normal? I can't use the b22 version because it doesn't seem to work and nobody else seems to be able to recreate how they got it working on FreeBSD

Yes I had that error when:
    1. I wasnt starting the server from its own dir
    2. When I used brandelf -t Linux server_linux

When running unger 4.6 / 4.7 I had the db lock issue 5.0-RELEASE #0 solved this and allowed me to start the server up fine on a pretty clean install with kernel based linux support ( linux_base-7.1_2 ).

Hope this helps.

Yes I had that error when:
    1. I wasnt starting the server from its own dir
    2. When I used brandelf -t Linux server_linux

When running unger 4.6 / 4.7 I had the db lock issue 5.0-RELEASE #0 solved this and allowed me to start the server up fine on a pretty clean install with kernel based linux support ( linux_base-7.1_2 ).

Hope this helps.

I've got the latest linux binary support and I have doubts that the problem lies in the 'cleanliness' of my server, but okay.

What directory did you start the server from? What modules did you require?

What do you mean by point two? That you used brandelf or that you didn't use brandelf?

Thanks again, though I'm sure these constant posts are annoying people

I started from the install dir i.e
    cd tss2_rc2
    ./tss.minimal start

Point 2. it broke when using brandelf dont use it.

What I ment by a clean install was just a cd dist of 5.0-RELEASE no cvsup or anything that could be nasty.
    It could be one of the packages I have installed that fixed it so:
    autoconf213-2.13.000227_5 Automatically configure source code on many Un*x platforms
    automake14-1.4.5_9 GNU Standards-compliant Makefile generator (legacy version
    bash-2.05b.004 The GNU Bourne Again Shell
    gettext-0.11.5_1 GNU gettext package
    glib-1.2.10_8 Some useful routines of C programming (previous stable vers
    gmake-3.80 GNU version of 'make' utility
    gtk-1.2.10_9 Gimp Toolkit for X11 GUI (previous stable version)
    imake-4.2.0_1 Imake and other utilities from XFree86
    libiconv-1.8_2 A character set conversion library
    libtool-1.3.4_4 Generic shared library support script
    linux-sdl-1.2.2.1 Cross-platform multi-media development API (linux version)
    linux-sun-jdk-1.3.1.06_1 Sun Java Development Kit 1.3 for Linux
    linux_base-7.1_2 The base set of packages needed in Linux mode
    m4-1.4_1 GNU m4
    nspr-4.2_1 A platform-neutral API for system level and libc like funct
    pkgconfig-0.13.0 An utility used to retrieve information about installed lib
    popt-1.6.4 A getopt(3) like library with a number of enhancements, fro
    rpm-3.0.6_6 The Red Hat Package Manager

Those are the only ones that could make any diff from my install packages.

Thread Information