Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by DeltaDK

what database packages is you are talking about??
    Forgive if i sound stupid
    There is an sqlite port for FreeBSD, but you're not supposed to need it. The sqlite.so library included in the TSS dist is *SUPPOSED* to work.

The box I've been running TSS on is an early v4.7-STABLE. The v4.8-RC snapshots have been building for nine days straight, so it looks like the RELENG_4 branch is in pretty good shape. Some have claimed they have it working on v4.8-RC, so I'm gonna try cvsup'ing to today maybe.

Maybe ill try that as well!!

when you "su root"
    use the command /stand/sysinstall

it brings you back to the installation utility
    from there you can select "precompiled packages" to install...
    it should have (mine did) packages to support database utilities.
    just install them all.

that's the quick and easy solution.

Originally posted by AbbraCadaver
    when you "su root"
    use the command /stand/sysinstall

it brings you back to the installation utility
    from there you can select "precompiled packages" to install...
    it should have (mine did) packages to support database utilities.
    just install them all.

that's the quick and easy solution.
    It's much easier if you just go to the ports tree (/usr/ports) and go to the database directory (/usr/ports/databases) and go into the program's directory and typing make install. That does everything for you and has descriptions for each package.

I'm not sure why exactly people would need to install database utilities/servers but what I did was install sqlite (/usr/ports/databases/sqlite ) and mysql-server (/usr/ports/databases/mysql40-server). I highly doubt this is what fixed my installation though.

I recommend redownloading and cleaning up your directory, I think the whole source of my problem was that I downloaded an old build of the server.

awesome! thx

anyone has a link to the sqlite sources ? I can't find it on the mono site, I also downloaded everything from CVS and can't find sqlite

Originally posted by Darkmeteor
    anyone has a link to the sqlite sources ? I can't find it on the mono site, I also downloaded everything from CVS and can't find sqlite
    http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/download.html
    It is on the mono page but I think the link is broken. Still, you might as well use the ports tree if you're on freebsd (cd /usr/ports/databases/sqlite && make install distclean)

I can't go in the ports folder, I'm don't have right to go there (not my server, no root for me heh)

*sigh

For SQL support goto http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html

Thats what we installed and it provided everything database-wise that we could need.

FYI www.DarkCombat.com is on a FreeBSD 4.5 server that is leased not local.

The main issue here stems from the sql compatability for FreeBSD, not neccessarily the version number. 5.0 or 4.5 it doesnt matter.

I apologize to those I cant help further but for those I already have. well... your up and running why are you checking this thread =P

Heres some complete noob Questions for yaz.

I have uploaded the TS2 files to my server, which is linux.
    I have attempted to start the teamspeak server with no luck.

Here are my Complete NoObi Q's.
    1. Where do I install the filies on my server, i.e. what files go in what folders?
    2. Do I use ssh or telnet to send the start command?
    3. Is it possible to give an alternate url address for the ftp://voice.teamspeak.org/developer/server/ for the b22_server_linux file because my WS-FTP kicks in when i click on the link & I cant seem to D/L it.(To many sites involved to attempt uninstalling the prog)
    4. I can just about follow the instructions on the first post in this topic, but many peeps don't have or have very little knowledge of "cd, tar, brendelf etc that includes me, what is Brendelf?
    It would be great if someone could post a similar instruction doc, but with a step by step & explanation of each step.
    I'll even transfer it to adobe acrobat & supply a down load link!

Basicaly a Instruction Doc. for Dummies.

I know Im new here, but all these terms are confusing to noobi's just getting started, running their own servers & adding programs like TS. (Yes this is refering to me<-- Complete Noobi)

Shell access:Yes via secureCRT or putty
    Games:MOHAA/SH, EliteForce, Q3, BattleField1942

Hope these wern't too supid of me to ask?

No, not stupid at all. Unfortunately I dont know. I did the best I could bro.

Originally posted by PrimalFear

1. Where do I install the filies on my server, i.e. what files go in what folders?
    2. Do I use ssh or telnet to send the start command?
    3. Is it possible to give an alternate url address for the ftp://voice.teamspeak.org/developer/server/ for the b22_server_linux file because my WS-FTP kicks in when i click on the link & I cant seem to D/L it.(To many sites involved to attempt uninstalling the prog)
    4. I can just about follow the instructions on the first post in this topic, but many peeps don't have or have very little knowledge of "cd, tar, brendelf etc that includes me, what is Brendelf?
    It would be great if someone could post a similar instruction doc, but with a step by step & explanation of each step.
    I'll even transfer it to adobe acrobat & supply a down load link!
    First of all you really shouldn't be posting to this thread simply because this is for FreeBSD and you are running linux (though FreeBSD has linux binary compatibility they are very different).

Anyhow:
    1. Wherever you want that you have access to. I think your home directory would do fine.
    2. If you want, if you have root access on the server you could create a start script for it, but other than that SSH/Telnet will do fine.
    3. ftp://voice.teamspeak.org/developer/...2_server_linux
    4. cd = change directory, self explanitory
    tar = extraction program, generally extracts many files from a single tar file. Usually you call tar with -zxvf (if your using a tar.gz file) or tar -jxvf (if you are using a tar.bz2 file)
    From Brandelf's man page: brandelf - mark an ELF binary for a specific ABI.
    Don't worry about brandelf on linux and I don't even think it's neccesary on freebsd.

Also to note: I have gotten TS2 to install without any database servers/programs/libaries. All that you need is included in the .tar.bz2 of the latest build. I don't know why you would need mysql anyway

Note again: first thing to do is take a step back and redownload the latest build. It always helps to start fresh.

A simple way to install the sqlite are to su root
    goto the /usr/ports/databases/sqlite/ folder
    type :
    make
    make install

This way the install automatic fetch the components it need to install the sqlite

Originally posted by xMACHINEx
    *sigh

For SQL support goto http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html

Thats what we installed and it provided everything database-wise that we could need.

FYI www.DarkCombat.com is on a FreeBSD 4.5 server that is leased not local.

The main issue here stems from the sql compatability for FreeBSD, not neccessarily the version number. 5.0 or 4.5 it doesnt matter.

I apologize to those I cant help further but for those I already have. well... your up and running why are you checking this thread =P
    TeamSpeak does not have anything to do with MySQL, so installing/upgrading/uninstalling/whatever MySQL won't solve any problems with TeamSpeak. TeamSpeak is a Linux-application that runs under Linux-compatibility on FreeBSD, therefore you need Linux-libraries with TeamSpeak, so compiling sqlite on FreeBSD just f#cks up your TeamSpeak more.
    The whole problem is that some versions of the FreeBSD Linux-compatibility packages seem not to have GLibc 2.2. Anyone who knows how to fix this problems please reply.

Angry SQLite

What I don't understand is why it should be necessary to employ a SQL database in the first place. Not only that, but a very specific SQL database. It's pretty obvious to anyone that the inclusion of this prerequsite hasn't been very successful. I'm afraid I'll have to discontinue use of TeamSpeak until a flat-file version has been made available. Installing TeamSpeak is one thing, but having to install a specific database just for that is beyond reason - it's simply too much trouble, and I don't like being forced to install all kinds of crap on my server. Guess I'll just have to dust off that old RogerWilco binary, once again.

Torben K. Jensen

Thread Information