Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Small tutorial how to bind custom icons to groups.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lwaozn.png

As easy as it may look like on the screenshot, this took me quite a while to figure out.
    Pay attention to the custom icons behind the player names on the client, for example, the warcraft and music icon behind "Synchro", and the players who have the shields with "R" behind their names.

Allright, i'll explain how to bind your own custom logos/replace custom logos for permission groups.

For first, I'll have an example, TS3 does not handle the good ol "<R>" anymore of someone being registred and somewhat trusted to the server.

I've proceeded myself to make a R, which somewhat looked like the other Serveradmin icon and Operator/Channel admin icon, and done so, saved it as 16X16, and named it "servergroup_306.png".

Now, the following step is quite easy to bind that image, to a permissiongroup, we'll take the default normal.

On the teamspeak 3 client window, click Permissions > Server groups, a new window should appear.

Now, on the left hand, you'll most likely see the 3 default groups, Server Admin, Normal and Guest.

Don't panic if this is not the case, I'm sure you left them there, or you can use a different group to do it with, it's not hard to just create a group.

Now, highlight the group normal, and on the same window, you should see a textbox, with "Filter:" above it, type icon in there, and then a permission named "i_group_icon_id" should show (Make sure you have Show Granted only deselected!).

From there, rightmouseclick "i_group_icon_id" and click add permission.
    Then, double click the area next to "i_group_icon_id" where it says value, then give it the value you named your servergroup_.png, which in my case I mentioned earlier about the "R" logo I've made, should be 306, due to my filename being "servergroup_306.png".

Then, click close, and voila, it should work.

I hope the screenshot explains enough.

NOTE: In order for other clients to see the icons, they are going to need the CUSTOM LOGOS inside their OWN client folder, meaning, that if you change it, there's no way the server can exchange them.
    And in order for you to modify groups, you need server admin to do so, or anything else which allows you to modify groups with permission.

Yes, you can do this with every group.
    As far as I know, TS3 will only display images behind names if they are below 16x16 in size and in .PNG format, it won't display anything either if the name is different than servergroup_[NUMBER].png.

If you're good enough figuring stuff out, you can do this also with channel groups, I've already made a shield with "V" on it to display voice rights.
    This is achieved, by also adding an icon number, but in this case, TS3 won't use servergroup_[NUMBER].png but changroup_[NUMBER].png instead.

I'm bad at explanations, but I hope this made everything clear.

If there's too many questions coming about how to do this in this topic, I'll consider rewriting it from scratch with pictures step by step.

i believe its been stated in other threads that eventually custom icon sets will be automatically distributed from the server to clients.

Im unable to enter a name as it only accepts numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Embed View Post
    Im unable to enter a name as it only accepts numbers?

If you read the tutorial more closely, you can clearly see there is no other filename in the process, and I'm sure i've stated that you CANNOT use it, please read the whole tutorial before you ask questions.

You can only put a number, that number will represent the number inside the filename of the icon, aka you put 330 in that value, then your icon has to be servergroup_330.png.

In a future version there will be a feature to upload group icons so that every client will download the custom icons from the server.

But nice tut man!

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    In a future version there will be a feature to upload group icons so that every client will download the custom icons from the server.

But nice tut man!
    Is this still future? :>

Its also a permission for channels, anyone knows how to??

Would be really nice if we had not finished loading icons here for

@Synchro
    Thank you!!!
    I don't need icon right now, but with your tutorial i understand NOW how use permissions.....

I'm sure that out on this forum, must be a post that explain permission rules, but your tutorial is very clear...

Infact, i never understand why after i create a server group, ts3 client sayd ERROR...
    I must add permission on group...
    Thanx a lot...

Developers.. must clear this part.. i hope soon, but thanx for their hard work!

Exclamation Custom Icons for Virtual Server

Hello,

We have a rented TS3 server. Since we have many server groups, we would like to give each group their own icon.

My host is willing to give us the permission to manage the icons. But they are afraid that it wil affect all Virtual Servers, and not only ours.

Does any one know if this is the case? Or if it's possible to set custom icons for only one Virtual Server?

The icons are set via server group permissions, and since server groups are different from each server, the icons are for that server only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonybat View Post
    The icons are set via server group permissions, and since server groups are different from each server, the icons are for that server only.
    Thanks for your answer.

What I actually mean is if my host grants me the permissions to manage the icons, will that mean that they give that permission to all Virtual servers within the same server instance?

Our host only wants to give us the permission to manage the icons, and not to other people who have a Virtual server within the same instance.

Thats what i said, but maybe i wasn't clear. The permissions (icon manage in that case) are set/granted to server groups. Server groups are independent from other server groups, even in the same instance.

All your host has to do is set that permission to the server group ID corresponding to Server Admin in your server

i realy dont get it...
    in which folder on the server do i have to put the icons?
    tried much, but never worked so far :/ also added the icon in my client folder but still nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kitetsu View Post
    i realy dont get it...
    in which folder on the server do i have to put the icons?
    tried much, but never worked so far :/ also added the icon in my client folder but still nothing
    None. The icons are uploaded to the server using the client and set using group permissions. If you want to upload them, you do not even need to have them working on the client, cause they are uploaded directly, using the dialog under server root (right click) > Show icons.

Thread Information