Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem with Permissions

Hi,

I have a problem with teamspeak permissions, I won't that a person can modify max client(and with server admin permissions is possible).
    But I want a person can kick, modify title of teamspeak etc... (and normal permissions is impossible).
    I can modify manually each teamspeak but it's soo long...

When I start the teamspeak with the server query, can I modify permission for normal client or I must all manually?
    I have an other idea, can I force permissions for a Server Admin don't touch at the permissions?

Sinceraly,

Up please !!!

Remove the permission b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients for the admin group. Then they cannot change the maximum number of clients any longer.

If you remove the "Grant permissions" from the server admins, then they are no longer able to modify the permissions system.

You can change permissions by using serverquerys. Check the doc/ts3_serverquery_manua.pdf that came with the server binary.

But an other Server Admin can modify again b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients for change the number of maxclients of the teamspeak, no?

If you remove the grant permission b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients from the server admin group, then another member of the server admin group cannot enable this right and thus cannot modify the maxclient number.

Take care to check that you are in the server query admin group (2) and that this group still has both the grant permission b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients and the permission b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients. Otherwise you would not have anybody left that can change the maxclients on your server.

Ok, with the first tokens I removed the b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients in Server Groups...

Now, I create a new tokens "Server Admin" and the second server admin can modify again the b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients....
    I don't understand...

OK. I try to explain it in more detail.

There are 4 different permission parameters.
    Value, Skip, Negate, Grant.

The Value decides if somebody has the permission to do what the parameter indicates. For example: If the value for b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients is TRUE, then the client may use this option and may modify the maximum number of clients on the server.

The Grant permission decides if the client may modify the value for the permission. That is, if the Grant permission is given for b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients then the client may decide if the Value of b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients shall be TRUE or FALSE.

Please take care to think of the value of a permission and the grant permission as two completely independent parameters. It is confusing that they are displayed in the same line, but they are really complete separate parameters.

The standard setup of a TS3 server gives the server admin group the
    permission b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients TRUE
    grant permission b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients 75

So any member of the server admin group may change the maximum number of clients (permission) and he may set the b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients to TRUE or FALSE (grant permission).

You want to keep the maximum number of clients fixed. So that is what you have to do:
    1. Use the token from the installation to become member of the server admin group.
    2. Right-click on the permission b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients and select "Remove permission". You can do this because you still have the grant permission
    3. Right-click on the b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients parameter and select "Remove grant permission". You will be asked, if you really want this because you cannot undo this action. This way, the server admin group has no longer the permission to set the b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients to TRUE again.

So you can generate a new Server Admin token and send it to your customer. He will not be able to switch the b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients permission on again. He will therefore not be able to change the maximum number of clients on the rented server.

Thank you for your patience!!!! I am a few blind... I don't seen "Removre Grant Permisssion"! Problem resolved!

I have an other question, in serverquery for add a virtual server, I write :
    servercreate virtualserver_name=TeamSpeak\sby\sMe virtualserver_port=9988 virtualserver_maxclients=50 error id=0 msg=ok

I want to remove the permission and the grand permission for "b_virtual_server_modify_maxclients".
    Can I add whatever for each teamspeak start without this permission?

You cannot use a parameter to the servercreate command. However, you can edit the server admin group (6) by using the command servergroupdelperm. Taking a look at my server logfile when I tested those permissions shows:

permission 'b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients' (id:9006)
    permission 'i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_maxcli ents' (id:65326)

For you, the command should look like:

use Z
    servergroupdelperm sgid=6 permid=9006 permid=65326

Substitute Z with the ID of the newly created server.

SERVERGROUPDELPERM
    Removes a set of specified permissions from the server group specified with sgid. Multiple permissions can be
    removed at once.
    Permissions:
    i_group_modify_power
    i_group_needed_modify_power
    i_permission_modify_power
    Syntax:
    servergroupdelperm sgid={groupID} permid={permID}…

Example:
    servergroupdelperm sgid=16 permid=17276|permid=21415
    error id=0 msg=ok

Ok, I created a new server with this command :
    Code:
    servercreate virtualserver_name=My\sSecond\sServer virtualserver_port=9989 virtualserver_maxclients=12 error id=0 msg=ok
    He answers this :
    Code:
    sid=2 token=RQL26kgOni054Ptt4yPkU\/8a0kQTacJLsjK9\/F8f
    error id=0 msg=ok  (30 ms)
    Total: 30 ms
    And now I write this :
    Code:
    use 2 servergroupdelperm sgid=6 permid=9006 permid=65326
    And he answers this :
    Code:
    error id=0 msg=ok  (0 ms)
    Total: 0 ms
    And not changing in the list of Permissions.

What is the sgid?

Quote Originally Posted by Bgdu67 View Post
    And now I write this :
    Code:
    use 2 servergroupdelperm sgid=6 permid=9006 permid=65326
    And he answers this :
    Code:
    error id=0 msg=ok  (0 ms)
    Total: 0 ms
    And not changing in the list of Permissions.

What is the sgid?
    Did you write it as 2 independent lines, i.e.
    Code:
    use 2 
    servergroupdelperm sgid=6 permid=9006 permid=65326
    or did you put it into one single line?

sgid is the Server Group ID. sgid 6 defaults to the Server Admin Group for the first virtual server. However, I do not work with several virtual servers, so I cannot say if the server group ids are different on the new virtual server.

You can check the servergroups that have been defined by running the commands:
    Code:
    use 2
    servergrouplist
    This will show you a long list like this one:
    sgid=1 name=Guest\sServer\sQuery type=2 iconid=0 savedb=0|sgid=2 name=Admin\sServer\sQuery type=2 iconid=0 savedb=1|sgid=3 name=Server\sAdmin type=0 iconid=300 savedb=1|sgid=4 name=Normal type=0 iconid=0 savedb=1|sgid=5 name=Guest type=0 iconid=0 savedb=0|sgid=6 name=Server\sAdmin type=1 iconid=300 savedb=1|sgid=7 name=Registered type=1 iconid=0 savedb=1|sgid=8 name=Guest type=1 iconid=0 savedb=0|sgid=9 name=Fullmember type=1 iconid=0 savedb=1|sgid=10 name=Hilfsadmins type=1 iconid=0 savedb=1
    Go and find the Server\sAdmin group in your list, find the correct sgid for this one and then use the servergroupdelperm command with the correct sgid.

But, when I write "use 1" for example.
    He answered just :
    error id=0 msg=ok (0 ms)

Yes, and that is correct. The protocol for server queries shall be:

SEND 1. command
    (RECEIVE data)
    RECEIVE error code
    SEND 2. command
    (RECEIVE data)
    RECEIVE error code

For the "use 1" command, there is not any data to be received. For the "clientlist" command, there is data to be received. In any way, you shall always receive an error code, even if it is only error id=0. Only then you can be sure that your command has been processed.

To sum it up:
    Login (login serveradmin PASSWORD)
    Create new server (servercreate virtualserver_name=My\sSecond\sServer virtualserver_port=9989)
    Select new server (use 2)
    List servergroups (servergrouplist) and find "Server\sAdmin" group's sgid (XXX)
    Remove permissions (servergroupdelperm sgid=XXX permid=9006 permid=65326)
    Disconnect (quit)

Send these commands one at a time.

Ok ! So, this :
    Code:
    servergroupdelperm sgid=9 permid=9006|permid=65326
    Thank you

Thread Information