Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guest can kick and ban other Guest?

Hi,
    i´ve install ts3 Server with non profit licenze key. Yesterday i´ve update the server files to beta 8.
    Than i delete all permissions from Guest till Join permanent channel and download files.
    But now i´ve a little problem an i don´t know if it is a error or my fault.

Guest can kick an ban other Guest. They can do everything what admins do but only with other guests not with admins or other Groups.

What can i do? I only want that Guest can join ts an speak. For everything else i create a new group.

~ German ~
    Hi,
    ich hab einen TS 3 Server mit einer Non Profit Lizenz installiert. Gestern habe ich den Server auf Beta 8 geupdatet.
    Danach habe ich alle Rechte der Gruppe Guest gelöscht bis auf das Joinen auf Permanenten Channels und das runterladen.
    Jetzt habe ich aber ein kleines Problem und ich weis nicht ob es ein Error oder mein Fehler ist.

Als Gast kann man andere Gäste kicken und sogar bannen. Sie haben alle Rechte die auch ein Admin hat, aber halt nur auf ihre eigene Gruppe bezogen.

Was genau kann ich dagegen tun?
    Ich möchte das Gäste nur Joinen und Sprechen können, da ich für alles andere eine Gruppe erstellen wollte.

IP: 81.89.99.223:9987

try giving them a kick / ban power of -1 and see if that works.

thx for answer but they can still kick, ban or switch others.

set the grant values for guests to kick, ban (in the servergroups) to

'25'

Guest can still do everything. I´ve change the permissions to -1 and 25 but don´t work. I install an older version beta 2 an they cannot use kick or ban but if i update to beta5 or the new version Guest can kick/ban/switch other Guest.
    I don´t know what change if i install beta2 but there is everything allright.

I was having the same issue but I actually somewhat solved the problem.

What I had to do, was on the guest right click on their name.

Then click permissions >> client permissions.

Click the + by Client >> click the + by Admin

I changed the first 6 options to a value of -1.

After I did that, the guest was not able to ban/kick/move.

Unfortunatly, you'll have to do it for each guest, but it does save it for each guest. So if the same guest joins, you won't have to re-do it.

Hope that helps you a little bit.

Thanks,
    ~She.

I´ve try everything what you post but still dont work.
    Now i update to beta11 and Guest can still kick/slay/ban other Guest.

I change everything like the picture but it still dont work.

The grant permission is not needed for this purpose. In fact, you should remove these grant permissions.

Set client kick power, client ban power and client move power to -1 AND check the negate option. This will lock the corresponding powers to a value of -1. This will always be lower than the defined Needed XXX power. Even if the needed XXX power is not defined, it will default to 0 and thus will be higher than -1. So guests should not be able to kick/ban/move.

Only admins should have grant permissions. "Grant permissions" will give you the permission to change the permission system. Your screenshot shows that guests do not have a "value permission" for "needed client kick power", but they do have a "grant permission" for "needed client kick power". Thus, they can give themselves the permission "needed client kick power".

You can also check the effective permissions for a client by right-clicking on the client, selecting Permissions -> Permissions Overview and expanding the "all" node at the very bottom. This will show you the effective permission that is the result of different server group memberships, channel permissions etc. For convinience sake you can filter the list with the input box at the top.

i went onto Shadowreaver's server today and he granted me Server Admin.

His permisson system was FUBAR, so i reccomened he start a completely new install of the server , deleting his old database.

Even as a Server Query admin i couldent change any of the permissions, some admin couldent even speak, guests couldent type etc. i think its the best advice i could give , hopefully with a fresh server with default settings he can test it, if that dosent work i'l help again.

I set my settings to what Birdie said and it works, i tested it.
    Hopefully this will help Shadowreaver.

Finally it works with the last picture. Thx all
    Quote Originally Posted by azzy101 View Post

strange

whats odd about this is i have the same issues only though i am owner of the server hosted in london i cant even select these options their ghosted out and im talking about the kick permissions on the guests group.

Their still able to play kick wars pissing me off

was the auto-update permission set correctly prior to updating the server to beta 29? What error do you get when you attempt to add/alter the permission?

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem here.
    The problem is that the fields that I want to modifiy are greyed, and each time I try to modify them it does absolutely nothing !

We are currently with beta 30.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Same problem here, someone is joining our TS3 and kicking players before we can do anything about they are gone. how do I get those -1 settings? This is still not working even with negate checked and my current values are at 25 please help,

Thanks.

Thread Information