Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

TS3 Images in Description

So I have found that TS3 seems to know some BB Code.
    Using {img}http://some.site.com/dir/to/some/image.jpg{/img} ([ replaced with }) and it will show up.
    But the problem I see is the TS3 client caches this image. So if I update it on the server side, the client side dosen't see it, unless it gets a new file name.

What I am trying to do is have a graphic that shows current server status for our different games we play and get the graphic to update every min or so.
    Would like this image to not be cached.

Anyone have an idea on how to do this? Using lau script maybe to update the topic?

I too would be interested in a fix for this.

Would love to show our clans gameserver banners in description box. These images tend to change.

such as:

please, do fix this, just noticed it today.

You mean this? ->

Images in the Description section would be cool but wouldnt it get silly with bandwith if someone decided on putting say a whole 1024x768 image in??
    Last edited by Voddo; 16-06-2010 at 01:19.

The image cache mechanism makes sense and won't be removed.

However, as a workaround for changing images I could imagine either a "nocache" tag in the bbCode URL tag, in this case this specific image would not be cached. Or something like a "Reload every 2 minutes" tag for a specific image, though this would of course be somewhat more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    However, as a workaround for changing images I could imagine either a "nocache" tag in the bbCode URL tag, in this case this specific image would not be cached. Or something like a "Reload every 2 minutes" tag for a specific image, though this would of course be somewhat more complicated.
    Just an idea:
    Create a bbcode tag for images which just cache only for the current session? I mean that the image will be cached until I quit the TS3 client or disconnect from the server (depends what is easier to code). I think that should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    The image cache mechanism makes sense and won't be removed.

Sure, the image cache mechanism makes sense and saves bandwidth. How about creating and saving a CRC upon upload of an image to the server, same on client side when the picture is downloaded when viewing the description. Whenever the client wants to receive the desciption of a channel and TS sees there's a picture in the description it sends the CRC to the server which compares it to its own CRC and this way sees if there is a difference between server and client. That way there's not much bandwidth used and the picture is reloaded on need.

Respectively there could be a separate option for the img tag which handles banner like mentioned earlier, because those aren't saved to disk but generated dynamically.

I know this is a bit of a necro thread, but did anybody find a way to prevent an image used in the description from being cached? either by adding a header image host side or changing anything in the description/TS server side?

You could enable the option, to clear your cache, when you close your client.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Hello.

By the way: Where is this option?. In the "lagos_xx.ts" exists the text but in "Settings --> Options --> Security" no, see image below:
    http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--n...he_on_exit.jpg

Greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    As PotaBlava says, I can't see an option to clear cache on close, only for URLs, and I didn't want people to have to restart TS, only say click off then back onto the channel to see the change, as you would when the description gets changed etc. The idea was that the image was generated dynamically using PHP GD so having to manually clear the cache to see the change every time isn't really suitable...

Pretty sure you can use the GFX interval field to update a TS banner periodically, as for channel descriptions, I'm not too sure and would also like to find out how. Perhaps there is a plugin that does it somewhere?

Thread Information