Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This problem still persist.

just recently got team speak 3, and this problem has been driving me crazy i really wish someone on the TS dev team would see this thread, cause i've pretty much lost hope of creative fixing there sound card at this point =/

I don't have this sound card, nor have I had this problem, but I thought of something to test. In the playback and capture settings there is an option for the playback/capture mode (is the first option on both screens).

Try setting both to direct sound, see if WMP works. Then try setting both to Windows Audio Session and test again.

Let us know if this changes anything.

tested out the settings in TS3 with both direct sound and windows audio session in playback and capture with no luck however what i noticed tho was once i connected to the connected to a TS3 server the mic would go invalid and the problems with the audio occur took some screen shots of how it looks

Before I connected to TS3 server: http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7895/59048996.jpg
    Connected to TS3 server: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3293/14454390.jpg

Also if i Disable CMSS-3D like what has been stated before TS3 will work correctly

Before connecting to TS3 with CMSS-3D Disabled: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/911/30094123.jpg
    Connected to TS3 server with CMSS-3D Disabled: http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6943/91953285.jpg

The problem with disabling CMSS-3D is that it really degrades the sound quality of being able to distinguish for example someone coming up from behind you in a FPS game which is one of the main reasons for buying the sound card if the first place compared to my onboard sound.

wonderfull ignored bug! Since beta 1 available and never fixed, good QA!

Quote Originally Posted by maximus3 View Post
    wonderfull ignored bug! Since beta 1 available and never fixed, good QA!

This is nothing we could ever reproduce here and i own a creative card.

The invalid device appears, when the internal device name does change on some soundcards it changes, when the mode does change.
    You ave to reselect the new device or choose default as an option.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Put in a headset on a creative xfi or auzentech xfi of your choice, enable headphones mode, enable cmss3d, set your sound settings to 5.1 or 7.1 that cmss3d is enabled.

start teamspeak 3 and try to start mediaplayer and lets say youtube or another game, sometimes you get sound sometimes not.

I have tryed this (again) and all sounds are played (TeamSpeak sounds, Firefox "youtube", Winamp And VLC)

I did all tests in "Entertainment mode", because this is the only mode were i can set heaphone mode, when headphone was detected.
    I had CMSS-3D enabled, 5.1 Speaker set and enabled and a Headset plugged in.

I have noticed, that i to change the playback mode from 5.1 to headset, for VLC. But i tried the same thing without TeamSpeak running and it still appears.

Sorry, but i can not reproduce your problem and i don't think this is related with our software!
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I have tryed this (again) and all sounds are played (TeamSpeak sounds, Firefox "youtube", Winamp And VLC)

I did all tests in "Entertainment mode", because this is the only mode were i can set heaphone mode, when headphone was detected.
    I had CMSS-3D enabled, 5.1 Speaker set and enabled and a Headset plugged in.

I have noticed, that i to change the playback mode from 5.1 to headset, for VLC. But i tried the same thing without TeamSpeak running and it still appears.

Sorry, but i can not reproduce your problem and i don't think this is related with our software!
    Try in gaming mode.
    I assure you that headphone detection works fine in GAMING mode, when first set in ENTERTAINMENT mode.

Because I can choose to:
    A) launch Game first...no TS audio playback.
    B) Launch TS first...no ingame audio playback.

All in gaming mode of course..since the sound sucks in games in ENTERTAINMENT mode

I can not use heaphone detection, while is use the game mode. I did the first tests (before your how to) in game mode.
    I can not reproduce your problem. I can say that VLC causes problems , but this can be reproduced without Teamspeak.

Maybe i am much to stupid to test that out or it differs from my soundcard to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I can not use heaphone detection, while is use the game mode. I did the first tests (before your how to) in game mode.
    I can not reproduce your problem. I can say that VLC causes problems , but this can be reproduced without Teamspeak.

Maybe i am much to stupid to test that out or it differs from my soundcard to yours.
    Maybe you can make an option in Teamspeak 3 only to user stereo output instead of using all channels set in the control panel.

You have to try it a few times, it can be working or not, when it appears teamspeak 3 blocks the sound. It only appears when cmss3d headphone is enabled.

But what should i say, i know the creative driver programming style, maybe you can also consider introducing the low latency asio api again or the open al api.

Seems to be fixed now, testing it with ts3.0.8

Thread Information