Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Everything gone after PC reboot + issues running prog vs running prog as admin

As the title says. I've been using TS3 since the open beta was released. About 3 weeks into using the TS3 Server for Windows, I needed to reboot my PC. When the PC was back up and I started the TS3 server program, everything was gone. All the channels.. GONE. All the user groups... GONE. All the server admins.. GONE. It was as if I was starting up the program for the very first time. Everything seemed to be running smoothly for several weeks until recently. Rebooted PC and the server seemed to revert back to how it was 2 weeks prior. WTF is going on? how often does the program change the database to reflect the changes being made?

I reboot the PC every Sunday and seems like it's a crap shoot on whether the server is going to show everything like it should, or go back a couple weeks, or erase everything completely.

I have noticed something about running the program as Admin and not running as Admin.

So as it stands.... Start the program normally and create channels, and everything seems to be OK. Start program running as Administrator, it shows none of the channels created. Close program and start normally, channels are back. Any thoughts as to why that is? Does the program create 2 databases?

Can't reproduce it :-/
    My way i tryed to reproduce on Win7 (UAC on, Firewall off)

1. I created an guest account
    2. I logged in into this guest account
    3. I started a new server (beta15) (on my desktop)
    4. I joined server and used Server Admin token and created some channels
    5. I stopped the server and started it with "run as administrator"
    6. All channels are there, i stopped the machine and started server as guest
    7. Channels are still there
    Last edited by dante696; 19-01-2010 at 13:08.

I think perhaps I wasn't very good on the explination. What I was meaning with running normally and running as Admin is this. I'm not running the server on Win 7, it's Vista Ult 32bit. Was thinking of either putting the server on a Win 7 machine or doing Ubuntu. My only worry is if TS 3 is having these issues on Vista, would I have same issues on Win 7 or Ubuntu.

I double click the icon to start the server.... I create channels... I close the server down and start it back up, the channels (for the most part) are still there.

ok... same situation. I start up the server by double clicking the icon and create channels. I close down the server and right click the same icon and select run as admin. The channels WILL NOT be there. Then I close the server and double click the icon and the channels are back. Plus no one is able to connect to my server while it's running as admin.

I do have the firewall off and the UAC has been tried both on and off. the UAC from what I've been able to tell, doesn't make a diference.

About the first part of my orginal post.

Any one have any idea as to why everytime I restart my PC I have to cross my fingers and say a few hail marys as the server starts in hopes that the server hasn't undone any recent changes or deleted everything completely? Was using TS3 ever since the beta release and so far I have completely lost all channels, user groups, and admins just from a single reboot. Another time all the additions/changes made during a 3 week period suddenly undone after a single reboot of the PC. Another situation were a single channel and all the sub-channels under it just disappeared after a reboot.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

What dir is your server running from? example: C:\Program Files (x86)\...

c:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3\.....

Anything with a (x86) program files are for 64-bit OS. The Vista Ult i'm currently running is a 32-bit. I am thinking of putting Windows 7 Pro 64-bit but I will not actually do it until I can get TS3 stable.

Thread Information