Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Question A Question about 'How to manage a Clanserver' in TS3

In TS2 you had 2 Information about the Users which are logged in at your Server:

1.) Loginname
    2.) Displayname (can be changed)

We used this to give New "Clan"-Member registrate Permissions and forced them to use the Same Loginname as their InGame Used NickName. With this it was possible to check if some tries to impersionate someone other - and only People which got Registrate Permissions were be able to switch Channels.

If Someone left the Clan, it was also easy to find the one and delete it over the Webconsole of TS2 thanks to the Loginnames.

In TS3 you have also 2 Information about the User:

1.) Identifier (ID)
    2.) Displayname (can be changed - instant).

Well, i can also create a new Permission Group and add my Member to the new group which is permitted to change or Join special Channels.

But how to "delete" a user? I only see those ID's and cant really tell (with more then 100 ppl in our Clan) which one is which ID. Also i dont want "write" down all ID's of everbody which i added into the "Clan Permission Group" - is there somewhere a notice Field for this information, or another way to get and "Human redable Identifier" ?

btw. it would be great if i could assign Nicknames to those one with the ID - so they cant select an own, is it possible? (Would solve the Problem above, too).

Use tokens with assigned customset.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The_Holy_One View Post
    In TS2 you had 2 Information about the Users which are logged in at your Server:

1.) Loginname
    2.) Displayname (can be changed)

We used this to give New "Clan"-Member registrate Permissions and forced them to use the Same Loginname as their InGame Used NickName. With this it was possible to check if some tries to impersionate someone other - and only People which got Registrate Permissions were be able to switch Channels.

If Someone left the Clan, it was also easy to find the one and delete it over the Webconsole of TS2 thanks to the Loginnames.

In TS3 you have also 2 Information about the User:

1.) Identifier (ID)
    2.) Displayname (can be changed - instant).

Well, i can also create a new Permission Group and add my Member to the new group which is permitted to change or Join special Channels.

But how to "delete" a user? I only see those ID's and cant really tell (with more then 100 ppl in our Clan) which one is which ID. Also i dont want "write" down all ID's of everbody which i added into the "Clan Permission Group" - is there somewhere a notice Field for this information, or another way to get and "Human redable Identifier" ?

btw. it would be great if i could assign Nicknames to those one with the ID - so they cant select an own, is it possible? (Would solve the Problem above, too).
    that was what i wanted to know is ts2 comfortable ts3. im part of a clan in bf2 and i dont know how to fill out the connect part to get on it

Add people to your friends list. That way you can assign them a custom name if you wish. These people will show up 'green' on your TS. If someone comes in trying to impersonate them, they will not be green and you know it's not the real person.

Your friends list is linked to the Unique ID. If they don't have the ID, they don't show up green.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    Add people to your friends list. That way you can assign them a custom name if you wish. These people will show up 'green' on your TS. If someone comes in trying to impersonate them, they will not be green and you know it's not the real person.

Your friends list is linked to the Unique ID. If they don't have the ID, they don't show up green.
    Okay, thats okay with me this way ^^

On our Teamspeak 3 server the clan homepage manage to put a TS3 guest into the clan member group. If someone leaves the clan, our homepage removes the client from the group again.

Also our homepage know who is who and show us the last display name of the TS3 client of a clan member.

You see, it is anything still possible like we had with TS2 .

Another way is to use the token customset or the client description. But currently you can see both only in Server Query, if the client is offline.

Thread Information