Results 1 to 1 of 1
04-02-2010, 14:09 #1-= TeamSpeak Team =-
- Join Date
- Jul 2002
How to report crashes or hangs on linux properly
here I will explain which information you should post when your ts3server crashed or hangs up. You can create a new thread with your problem then.
(1) Make sure your system is configured to write core dumps when applications crash. You can enable this by running something like
ulimit -c 500000
(2) When the server crashes it will now write a file called "core" or "core.NUMBER"
If the server is in a hung up state (it is not reacting to serverquery or normal client connections anymore) you can force the server to write a core by running "killall -SIGQUIT ts3server_linux_amd64" (use _x86 for x86 servers)
(3) The core alone is no use, what is also needed is a few libraries from your system, a script I wrote will gather them and put them in an archive. The script is attached , running it will look something like this:
tss3@laurel:~$ ./make_core_environment.sh ts3/ core_environment/ core_environment/usr/ core_environment/usr/lib/ core_environment/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 core_environment/lib/ core_environment/lib/libdl.so.2 core_environment/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 core_environment/lib/libc.so.6 core_environment/lib/libm.so.6 core_environment/lib/librt.so.1 core_environment/lib/libpthread.so.0 core_environment/lib64/ core_environment/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 tss3@laurel:~$
(4) Provide the log file of the incident, provide any other information you know (what was being done with the server etc.). Can you reproduce the problem? If so, tell us the steps.
(5) Bundle the core file(s), the core_environment.tar.gz in an archive an upload it to somewhere. Post a link in your report.
Last edited by Peter; 03-11-2011 at 15:49.You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By /dev/null/ in forum ToolsReplies: 100Last Post: 17-08-2012, 19:38
By Budal-IL in forum [TeamSpeak 2] Client SupportReplies: 2Last Post: 13-07-2003, 19:11
By forever in forum [TeamSpeak 2] Client SupportReplies: 0Last Post: 14-05-2003, 10:37
By kauschovar in forum [TeamSpeak 2] General QuestionsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-07-2002, 01:49