Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

ts3 as service in windos 7 64

Hi

I have a problem running ts3 as service in windows 7 64 bit. I was able to create a service using "sc create name" and so on. The service is listed and I can press "start", but when I do so, I get an error message:

Error 1052: The Service is not responding in time (Im running the german version so this might be a bit different in english).

Is there a work aroung? Maybe alredy known? Searching for the error Message I get lots of .net 1.1 problems and a long ago patch, but .net 1.1 isn't even part of windows 7 afaik.

I tried runassvc as well, but it doesnt seem to work with either windows 7 or 64 bit. Any other way to get ts3 set up as a servive?

TS3 is not a service application... Though it's rather clear from the error message.
    You have to use intermediate layer to have it run as service (such as srvany).

That's not really helping.

If I may quote from Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools:

"Note: The Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools are not supported on 64-bit platforms."

As mentioned eralier runassvc and sc create wont work either. The only way that seems to work is Daemon Tools, but I dont really want to spend money just to get a ts3 server started.

Any other suggestions?

Just seconds before I decided to give up I ran into a tool that works.

Name's Launchpad.

I can finally start ts3 server as a daemon on my windows 7 64 bit now.

Regards

Kessl

Quote Originally Posted by Kessl View Post
    "Note: The Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools are not supported on 64-bit platforms."
    Many of the tools included in RK is not really supported at all, what's then?

Running a dedicated server

Thanks Kessl,

Your right, Launchpad makes running a dedicated server as simple as it gets.

LaunchPad

It runs as both a native 32 and 64 bit app so your should have no problems on windows 7.

If you have any question about using launchpad on a server please let us know using the Contact page.

Regards
    Steven

Hi guy's

Can you please tell me how to do with launchpad? Because i've downloaded it and installed it fine, but it cannot run my new service that say "the service couldn't start in the desired time" or something like that!

I'm a bit disapointed because i don't now this program, and i see that you succeeded by running it, so i ask you some help!

I'm running a 64 bits seven pro system!

Cheers

EDIT : It's ok all is running fine i just have selected the default settings, not like the first time i tried

Hi Mad_noob,

Did you manage to get it working? The service should start up regardless of what it starts. Perhaps there was an error running the TS3 program?

Regards,
    Steven

There's starting it as a service, and then there's throwing a shortcut of the TS3 server 64bit in the 'startup' folder under "All Programs". At least in that way if your computer goes down, AC is restored, computer starts up again, and then the TS3 server is up! Well unless you had a database crash. Always keep backups of your SQLite or MySQL database whatever the case!

Since when user startup applications executed before user login?

Running a Teamspeak server

http://forums.blackwidowsoftware.com...&t=15&p=15#p15

Heres a link on how a 64 bit version should be setup. Its pretty easy to translate it to 32 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by black widow software View Post
    Heres a link on how a 64 bit version should be setup. Its pretty easy to translate it to 32 bit.
    Why it "should" be setup that way? And especially, why linking to the outside site for five lines of info, that tell nothing?

Thread Information