-

yeahss
. hello.

.. Anyone tuning into this, .. perhaps delineate a bit more with respect to theses idea included below. ?

Included, are three basic views of the idea, more general.

• The first is from a Server "host" / provider.
• The next is excerpted from a guide made available and accessible through http://teamspeak.netfire.com/ http://teamspeak.netfire.com/literature/

• And finally, a transcription, of the main section dealing with the idea, more general, within the main TeamSpeak .. server acquisition video "tutorial" - online accessible [S1] "Windows Installation and Config Basics"

+Question: How do I login or gain ServerAdmin access ?

Answer: From the Home page of the ClientArea, copy the SERVERADMIN Token and enter it into your TS3 Client program MENU > Permissions > Use Token

@ This will give you full access to then edit everything live from the TS3 Client

— From here you can use the TOKEN MANAGER to create more ServerAdmins and/or ChannelAdmins
If you ever need to regain ServerAdmin control you can also come back to the ClientArea and create more SA Tokens from the home page

-------------------------------
(8) Gaining Administrator Access
-------------------------------

(i) Regular clients

The first time a virtual server is created, a server administrator token will be automatically created in the server log with the following form:

--------------------------------------------------------
ServerAdmin token created, please use the line below
token=ppEa0Wp6hopKBzKhH5RiUtb5Ggve5aI8J7ifu+/P
--------------------------------------------------------

This token can be used in the TeamSpeak 3 Client to gain administrator permissions for the currently logged in client. A token can only be used *ONCE*.

The server log is written to a file in the logs subdirectory. On Linux and Mac OS X it is also printed to the console from which the server was started.

(ii) ServerQuery clients

To gain global administration permissions for ServerQuery access, the first time the server instance is started a ServerQuery password is printed to the console output:

------------------------------------------------------------------
I M P O R T A N T
Server Query Admin Account created
loginname= "serveradmin", password= "BAIPwM8X"

Use the provided login name and password to access the server using the ServerQuery
interface.

Note: The ServerQuery password is only shown *ONCE* when the server is started for the first time, so make sure you save this information for future reference. The only
way to generate a new token and password would be to delete the server database by starting server with the "clear_database=1" commandline parameter or deleting the file ts3server.sqlitedb. In this case all server settings and user accounts would be lost.

[Transcript.]

Following initial "start" of the new server - acquisition, ....
[timestamp - 03:20 ~]

....... O.k. .. [with the] severer started, .... it has automatically created a "Server Query Admin. Account". — And now, a server admin. "Token". — It is very important that you retain this information, since it will not be shown to you again, if you restart the server. /

..... Note, that the "Server Query Admin. Account", is essentially a master, admin., account, for advanced users. — And is generally, not something that you would want to share with anyone else. ... Similar to the "super admin" account [included with previous versions' associated server administration.], among other things, [this account] allows you to create and delete, additional virtual servers. — Advanced users, may want to read the "TS3 serverquery manual" - .pdf document, located in the "Doc" folder, for instructions on using the query port commands. / For most common, server setups, the "Server Query Admin. Account" will not be needed.

Further down, you see the a "server admin." "Token", has also been automatically created, for you. This "token", which
can only be used "ONCE", will allow you to make yourself, a server administrator, on the default virtual server [that] we just started.

TeamSpeak "client", "fired-up", and connected to the server, .....

..... So, now I'm going to right-click on the server name, and left-click on "Edit Virtual Server": And you'll notice - here, that everything is "greyed-out"; because, up to this point, I've only logged in as guest user.

So, now we'll cancel out of this window, and we're going to make use of the "server admin" "Token" that I mentioned earlier.

[Copying] the [retained] "token", I'll [paste it into the "Enter Toke" field, of the "Use Toke" box, accessible, under "Permissions", main server menu.] And, [with clicking on OK] you should now see, that I have an "S" icon, to the right of my "nickname". Which means I am now a "server admin.", on this virtual server.

[With this] If I once again right-click on the sever name, and left-click on "Edit Virtual Server", you'll now see that I can make changes to all of [the] fields [showing]. ["Server Name", "Password" and "Welcome Message". These, plus additional elements, under "more"; for example a link to a personal website, or something other.] — before clicking "OK".

[For general connection access, by users other than yourself, they'll] need - at least, "three pieces of information". No. 1, your server's PUBLIC IP ADDRESS — (Which you can obtain by visiting one of many free websites, such as "www.whatismyip.org", No. 2, your "server" PORT, which is by default, is "9987", and No. 3, your server Password.

[With this information], when they go to "Connections", and [then to] "Connect", [they will be able to enter these inputs, to do so.] .......

Beyond these ideas, mention is also made of some addition actions that might be considered as generally important. Those being,

..... forward[ing] .. a few ports on your firewall. Beginning with "UDP port 9987", which allows [other users] to connect to your server, and, "TCP port 30033", to enable File Transfer. And "optionally", also "TCP port 10011" for "server query commands", and "scripts". — [All of which, are] advanced, Network Configuration topics; perhaps requiring that you check with your main IPS, and/ or either, that you consult your router's, user manual.

What I'm looking for here, essentially, .... is perhaps, a tab bit more of a straight forward view into, each of the various, both, main element associated more specifically with this general - but certainly very important (initial) procedure, .. this, along with also important, .. the main dos and don'ts, together with "need to make sure to dos, ..... before, ...... the "token" access ...... in fact expires.

Just a simple synopsis, really, but with hitting on each and all of the main element which need to be considering before the "token" - access, runs "out".

Hope this is clear.

btw: I'm certainly amenable to more than one viewpoint where considering this idea.

Thanks very much.
Appreciate your time.

Rm(richard583)