Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Music Bot on Linux Dedi/V-Server available?

Hey guys & girls,

Has anyone stumbled upon a way to have a TS3 client installed on the dedicated server (without a soundcard) and stream music into a channel
    or has there been a plugin/bot released for this purpose yet?
    I know there were music bots on TS2 servers (which had no soundcard),
    so I know it must be possible some how.

I want to make use of TS3s music protocol and stream music into a seperate music channel in high quality.
    My linux v-server obviously does not have soundcard.

Thanks,
    -Al

Didn't you read my post?
    I was asking about a dedicated music bot running on LINUX without GUI, not something installed locally on a WINDOWS machine.
    Last edited by Hakaori; 20-05-2010 at 19:44.

didn't know it was only windows, my bad. It didn't specify in the first post.

I actually wonder whether a bot is required at all for this purpose.
    Install TS3 client on linux, install mp3 player, route SND via Alsa Dummy and loopback into ts3 and finished?!
    The only way I could imagine it, because the v-server server does not have a soundcard.
    Any other suggestions?

No ideas anyone?

Need it too, somebody?

I think it's not possible to run Sound Programms without a Soundcard on Linux.

On windows i know this work with VAC, but Linux i don't think so.

Hi,

In fact it's much more easier to route sound on linux than on windows .

I'm currently running a TS3 client music bot on a linux server (no screen, no soundcard).

It's a bit complex so i won't explain in details how to setup all the demons. I hope that you have some linux knowledge and it can help you setup your own.

What i used :

- pulseaudio as the sound router : pipe sound between player output & ts3 client input (you could also use alsa or jack)
    - Music Player Daemon (mpd) and its client mpc : the player that plays mp3 files on the server or a remote playlist.
    - the TS3 client for linux (you need the QT libs and some other dependancies)
    - Xfvb X server for running headless

Optionnal :
    - vncserver to do the initial client setup and for troubleshooting (you can also redirect the X display to a remote X server)

I also have written a small python ts3 telnet client to command the player on the server directly from a ts3 channel text chat (#list, #play, #pause, #jump X,...)

Hope it can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redking View Post
    Hi,

In fact it's much more easier to route sound on linux than on windows .

I'm currently running a TS3 client music bot on a linux server (no screen, no soundcard).

It's a bit complex so i won't explain in details how to setup all the demons. I hope that you have some linux knowledge and it can help you setup your own.

What i used :

- pulseaudio as the sound router : pipe sound between player output & ts3 client input (you could also use alsa or jack)
    - Music Player Daemon (mpd) and its client mpc : the player that plays mp3 files on the server or a remote playlist.
    - the TS3 client for linux (you need the QT libs and some other dependancies)
    - Xfvb X server for running headless

Optionnal :
    - vncserver to do the initial client setup and for troubleshooting (you can also redirect the X display to a remote X server)

I also have written a small python ts3 telnet client to command the player on the server directly from a ts3 channel text chat (#list, #play, #pause, #jump X,...)

Hope it can help you.
    Who that could make it?

yeahh! 15 hours it was picked and has made!
    There was not all so difficult, but has made through the graphic interface (remote desktop) on ubuntu 10.04 vps...
    Though through the console won't make special work to make too самле

TS3 Client on vserver

Hello,

i'm using a TS3 server on my vserver and everything works fine.

Now i want to include a musikbot - the simplest way should be to use a windows client - but can i use my vserver to install a client with a musikbot plugin?

if yes how does it works (i am a noob in linux installs on console) - i need a complete instruction how to install a client, setup on stereo mix, install the musikbot plugin, and join the server

i would be glad if someone could help me

thanks =)

1. Make sure that a soundcard is available
    2. You will need an graphical interface
    3. install the client
    4. Here is an soloution, to send your sound to your soundcard for linux http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...070#post280070
    Last edited by dante696; 26-06-2012 at 13:43.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Turorial

Hello.

I want to make a Musicbot on my teamspeakserver btw linuxroot, too, but my knwonlegde in linux isnīt very well. So can someone make a little Video how to install ist?

Hey I tried alsa and Pulseaudio...

compared to VAC(in a vm) both sound horrible.

It sounds like the music is really far away and there is a constant "buzz" which sounds like a huge fly, flying around in teamspeak.

Can anyone recommend anything better for a Debian Squeeze, or post their configs or step-by-step tutorial of their setup?

Thread Information