Results 1 to 15 of 35
31-05-2010, 16:31 #1-= TeamSpeak Team =-
- Join Date
- Jul 2002
TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.0-beta21 Available
It has been ~1.5 months since our last stable client release, this has resulted in a massive amount of changes for the new version (the changelog is over 150 lines!).
Here is a brief summary of the most important changes:
- The new client is only compatible with servers that are at least version beta23. The client will instantly disconnect from older servers.
- We fixed multiple crashes, we are very interested in any crashes you might experience with the new client, please post any new crash-dumps to this thread
- We renamed Token" to "Privilege Key". We hope the new name will give new users a better mental image of what exactly this beast may be.
- Some users had problems with the bandwidth requirements that TeamSpeak 3 demands (higher than in TeamSpeak 2), for these users we added the new delay parameter in the codec setup. It essentially allows you to reduce the bandwidth demands at the cost of the speed at which your transmissions are received. For example to have the same bandwidth usage as TeamSpeak 2 did you could go with (Speex 8kHz, Quality 7, Delay 100ms). The default value is a delay of 20ms which is the same behaviour as in previous TeamSpeak 3 releases.
- The whisper system of TeamSpeak 3 was lacking the flexibility that was available in TeamSpeak 2, so we rewrote great parts of it. For example we had multiple request for a "Channel Commander" like whisper functionality, this is now possible: Simply create a new channel group (e.g. name it "Channel Commander"). Then go into the whisper list setup, and add a hot-key to whisper to this new channel group - that's all it needs.
- From this release forward there will be two "branches" of releases from which you can chose: The default is the "stable" branch which only contains well tested versions. The alternative is the "beta" branch which will give you the newest cutting edge client releases that might not have been tested as much yet. To tell your updater to use releases from the beta branch you need to run the updater once, then edit the configuration file "update.ini" and add the following code into this file:
- Linux users: Thanks to the folks at FMOD we now have native Pulse Audio support. Pulse Audio will be used automatically when available (and "Automatically Use Best" is chosen) or can be chosen explicitly from your playback and capture settings.
Here is the complete changelog
=== Client Release 3.0.0-beta21 - 01 Jun 2010 ! Due to changes in the voice packet layout you require a server >= beta23 to be able to communicate via voice ! Plugins API: Added isReceivedWhisper parameter to onTalkStatusChangeEvent, increased plugins api version to 5. ! New whisper list system. Old lists are no longer valid. Please setup whisper lists and hotkeys again. Whisper setup was moved from Options to own dialog (see Tools menu). Instead of saving into common config file whisper lists are now located in seperate file whisper.ini. Who is allowed to whisper to you can now be configured in the new Whisper options page. Either allow or deny all, or configure indiviual clients via contacts manager. + Added high latency / low bandwidth codec option. View the new latency factor slider to channel create/edit dialog. + Added new easy to use codec setup slider. Experts can still configure things individually + Added option to sort clients above or below channels due to popular demand. See "Design" options page for the setting. Default is the new behaviour. + Linux: Native Pulse Audio Support is available and will be used in "Use best" mode automatically when available. - Windows Vista and Windows 7 now default to WASAPI when "Use best" is selected (Previous default was direct sound) * The quick access list in whisper dialog now always stays visible. - Fixed some UTF8 display issues in hotkey setup. * Banner code overhaul, fixing a possible crash when connecting to multiple servers with activated banner. - Fixed possible crash in hotkey dialog - Prevent message loop when server restarts and client is outdated. - Fixed wrong status messages when halt filetransfer. - Fixed toggle "Push To Talk". * The searchfield does no longer contain a clear button. + Added singleinstance check to updater - Fixed wrong tree icon when connecting while talking - Fixed wrong tab icon initially after connection but before talking - When adding new serverquery scripts to the library, increment the name in the form of "New script", "New script_1", etc. + If we detect that a hotkey with the mode "activate" or "deactivate" is about to be added, we will provide the opposite key. * Show custom nicknames of contacts in chatlog when custom nicknames are set to use for this contact in the contacts manager. - Fixed Switch to Server hotkeys - No whisper with missing talk power + Added a log- warning when disconnect from a server with active filetransfer. - Fixed away button was toggled on the wrong tab. * Icons in server tree will no longer overlap the server-/channel-/ clientname. - Fixed chat history when containing a new line (broken formatoptions). + Added Invite buddy dialog to autocreate a ts3server or http link to your current TeamSpeak 3 server, see Tools menu * Added channel spacers: Use "[?Spacer#]Text" to add one. Where "?" can be an alignment (r = right, c = center, l = left). If "*" is used, all chars after the spacer-tag will be repeated until the whole line is filled. Change "#" to get an unique channel name, the value doesn't matter. Example: [cSpacer0]a centered text, [rSpacer1]a right aligned text. Check also the five special spacer: "---,...,-.-,___,--.". * Set permissions of secrets config file to 0x600 on Linux and Mac + Added icon button to channel edit dialog * Windows 7 Thai font displayed properly. - Fixed hotkey setup in setup wizard. - Permissions overview adjusted for server change: Skip flag now skips channel, channelgroup permissions. * Added the amount of reserved slots in servers info frame - Fixed a possible crash when disconnect while upload is in progress. * Replaced "Serverinfo available in X seconds" in info frame with a simple "Refresh", which is inactive during the 5 seconds delay. Stylesheet authors need to adjust their serverinfo.tpl file: SERVER_UPDATE_AVAILABLE_IN_SECS -> SERVER_REFRESH_INACTIVE SERVER_UPDATE_AVAILABLE_NOW -> SERVER_REFRESH_ACTIVE Use default style serverinfo.tpl as example. + Added ping and packetloss to serverconnection info * When trying to delete unsubscribed channels with clients inside, give user option to force delete the channel. - Fixed Always-on-top option so it works after client restart. You might need to enable it once again in the options dialog if you want to use the feature. - Fixed rare crash when clicking in the chat history. + Added reserved slots in virtual server edit. * New mechanism to check if another instance of the client is already running. - Fixed more hotkey translation issues - Fixed disconnect hotkey translation issue - In Privilege Key Manager, keys can also be copied as an invitation - Fixed a few typos (thanks to SgTRWE). - Showing the server group name inside message box when about to leave. - Muted icon takes precedence over whisper icon - Fixed channel/server group submenus not properly checking groups - Fixed chat history buffer trimming - Fixed the VAD Slider behaviour - Added missing tooltip for an enabled master volume widget. - Changed strings "Token" to "Privilege Key" - Changed the toggle quick access icon in whisper list dialog. - Fix filetransfer percentage, which could end up far above 100% + Using a token will always show a MessageBox. - Fixed filebrowser drag&drop files or folder with ] inside. + Added whisper icon to display clients currently whispering (thanks to DarkCode for the icon) * Awakening from sleep mode works alot better now but the user has to reactivate the capture profile manually. - Ignore "database empty result set" when querying empty client permissions. - G15 plugin: Fixed clients talking display disappearing from display. * Updated apps.ini - The changed icon appears red, when max clients is reached or is 0. - English text corrections, thanks to ZeroTKA - Updated TS3 logo image shown in about dialog. - Fixed empty lines in trayicon tooltip. * Added contextmenu to channelgroup clients dialog to remove displayed clients. - Fixed switching hotkey profiles. Activating another hotkey profile is no problem at all. Deactivating any profile switches all hotkeys completely off and can only be reactivated via context menu! + The assigned hotkey profile(s) will now be shown in whisper dialog. * Changed the directory label in filebrowser so it no longer uses a HTML link. Stylesheet authors can now access the label via QLabel#directoryLabel - Fixed "test voice" lamp. - Fixed the away button, which didn't show pressed when going globally away, using a preset. - Fixed banlist invoker name wasn't shown when nickname contains an html-tag. - Fixed Mac button text colors with Aqua style in bookmarks dialog. - Fixed Mac text formatting in virtual server edit dialog. - No contextmenu on server update available links - Bluesky updates and fixes. - Fixed possible assert in permissions widget when icon viewer is open. - Hotkey message box "Overlapping hotkey detected..." was shown too often. - Added minimum header width to some table and tree headers. - Changed serverinfo update text: Update available -> Serverinfo available.
Last edited by Peter; 02-06-2010 at 08:03.You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Jeff_Slipknot89 in forum [TeamSpeak 2] Client SupportReplies: 3Last Post: 18-05-2010, 06:34
By R. Ludwig in forum ArchiveReplies: 25Last Post: 07-03-2010, 19:53
By mavmike in forum Server SupportReplies: 9Last Post: 04-02-2010, 10:49