Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Post Server Beta25 Released w/Security Fix

** IMPORTANT **

TeamSpeak 3 Server Beta25 has just been released to address a recently discovered security and crash exploit. Please upgrade your servers!!

It was recently brought to our attention that a critical bug in TeamSpeak 3 Server Beta23 or earlier may allow a malicious user to execute server admin commands without having admin privileges as well as cause server instabilities. These security issues were addressed immediately after we received knowledge of the exploit and a new Server Beta25 build has now been released.

*** WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you upgrade all your TeamSpeak 3 Servers to Beta25
    *** as soon as possible. The new server download is available on our Downloads page as usual.

Thank you,

- TeamSpeak Team

Read more...
    Last edited by Peter; 17-06-2010 at 14:28.

Beta25

Our server was hack, after updating to Beta25, any knowledge as of why it would happen AFTER the update?

Quote Originally Posted by cagmyers85 View Post
    Our server was hack, after updating to Beta25, any knowledge as of why it would happen AFTER the update?
    because it was abused before? someone created tokens, changed permissions etc... check log files!

Might be permission problem. Can you post the server log at the time of the 'hack'?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    because it was abused before? someone created tokens, changed permissions etc... check log files!
    hey. that makes good since. umm.. what exactly is this server log labeled as? i looked through a few but couldnt find anything.. the guy left his name as DeFrag, and i didnt see that. am i missing a log location?

For example, here is where mine is located.

C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\logs

Just look for the logs Folder in your TS3 server directory.

Quote Originally Posted by cagmyers85 View Post
    hey. that makes good since. umm.. what exactly is this server log labeled as? i looked through a few but couldnt find anything.. the guy left his name as DeFrag, and i didnt see that. am i missing a log location?
    Sounds like this DeFrag guy is still hacking servers that haven't updated yet or doing something fishy. He was the one who hacked ours last week before we updated.

is there any known security risk for the hostsystem (linux or windows) or is this bug just compromising the Teamspeak server?

i ask because i want to know if i have to re-install my serversystem because of a ts hack using this exploit or is an upgrade to Beta25 all i have to do (with a clean DB)?

thx

No problem for your system, just your TS3 server.

The better solution will be to reinstall a clean server with a clean database.

Wink

Looks like TS3 finally came a long way to be ready soon. Hardly much issues anymore. I am surprised.
    Maybe the Beta madness has an end soon.

Thread Information