Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Post [Tutorial]Port Forwarding (a.k.a. clients cannot connect)

Please don't PM me with a question or problem related to this topic unless you've first posted in this topic and are having trouble after receiving an answer to your post. Posting the question or problem in this thread is much better as someone else may have the same problem or question and if you PM me for the answer no one else reading this thread will know what the answer was to that question or problem.

Here's a brief explanation on port forwarding for those that are having trouble getting clients to connect to their server.

(Beta 25 - The black box that opens when you run your server is your server so don't close this!)

First you need to know the ports TS3 is using. In the FAQs these ports are listed as follows:

Default voice port (UDP): 9987
    Default filetransfer port (TCP): 30033
    Default serverquery port (TCP): 10011

(this part for windows users only
    )
    Next you need to know the IP address of the computer running the server. Go to the start menu and click RUN. Now type cmd. In this new window type ipconfig and find the IPv4 address. (see pic #1) This is your LAN IP address. You will forward the ports to this IP address. Anyone on your personal network will need to use this IP to connect to your server.

(for all operating systems)
    Now go to http://whatismyip.com/ to find your external IP address. (see pic #2) This will appear in the top center of the page. Give this to your friends so they can connect.

Go to http://portforward.com/ and find your router make and model. On the 2nd page select SKIP THIS ADVERTISEMENT in the top right then select Teamspeak on page 3.

**NOTE** If you only have a modem or use a fiber optic internet connection You may have to consult your device's manual or contact your ISP for more information.

Follow the instructions on this page but be sure to use the ports for Teamspeak 3 and not the Teamspeak 2 ports they have listed on this page. NOTE: Some routers require a port range and not just a single port. Example would be 9986-9988 to open port 9987.

If this is done properly your ports will be forwarded through your firewall and your friends outside your LAN should be able to connect.

Please don't PM me with a question or problem related to this topic unless you've first posted in this topic and are having trouble after receiving an answer to your post. Posting them in this thread is much better as someone else may have the same problem or question and if you PM me for the answer no one else reading this thread will know what the answer was to that question or problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPCONFIG.png 
Views:	9368 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	3643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whatismyip.png 
Views:	7451 
Size:	322.0 KB 
ID:	3644  
    Last edited by poisonpanik; 20-02-2011 at 02:47.

Add information

Good tuto.

(The black box that opens when you run your server is your server so don't close this!)
    This will be not necessary from BETA 26

Great news! I'll be sure to edit this when 26 comes along. I knew the devs had said that would happen. Did they make it a system tray icon like TS2 was? Hope they brought back the right click->SHOW MY IP option like TS2 had

Yes we have an icon.

But for this moment (when I write this post) with the right click we just have the exit button

*** Add to Poisonpanik's Tuto ***
    To be sure that your server used the good IP (if your server machine have a several IP) and to be sure your port is good forwarded, you can used this site :
    http://www.canyouseeme.org

Thank's Dante696
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icon.PNG 
Views:	539 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	3647  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 10-07-2010 at 10:00.

Maybe that'll be in a later release. Would be great if it said LAN IP = XXX , WAN (or external) IP = XXX I'll wait and see how it goes and if it doesn't show up in an update or two I'll toss the request out there.

Yes, and it's will be necessary with voip_ip, ftp_ip and query_ip parameters

I opend all ports: but still can my friend not join, this massage shows: Failed to connect to server.

PM me your ip/port and I'll try to connect.

I also get a failure. Do you have any software like anti-virus or firewall that might be preventing the connection?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 26-03-2012 at 08:20.

No i dont have ;(

Where do I find these instructions for Mac?

Here is how to find your LAN IP address on a Mac.

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Your-IP-Address-on-a-Mac

Finding your external IP and the port forwarding should be the same.

I haven't been able to get this to work... Any other suggestions on finding the Ip address?

http://checkip.dyndns.com/

Note that all these services rely on assumption that you don't have any intermediate proxy servers between your browser and the service site.

You can try http://checker.samair.ru/ to test for proxy, but it's not 100% reliable, however. (i.e., it can't detect my proxy at all :P )

Which part did you not get to work? If you can't find your computer's IP address do a google search for how to do this. I am unfamiliar with Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    http://checkip.dyndns.com/

Note that all these services rely on assumption that you don't have any intermediate proxy servers between your browser and the service site.

You can try http://checker.samair.ru/ to test for proxy, but it's not 100% reliable, however. (i.e., it can't detect my proxy at all :P )
    Ok.. I used that site and found my IP address... but still no one can connect... and ..
    I don't know what an intermediate proxy server is and/or how to go around it or through it or whatever...

Google just gives me the same instructions over and over for what I have done... any other suggestions?

Thread Information