Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I can never remember exactly how this goes but I think it goes by alphabet then talk power. I have seen it a million times but I always forget.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    I can never remember exactly how this goes but I think it goes by alphabet then talk power. I have seen it a million times but I always forget.
    Yeah, we can't figure it out. Any help will help. Any ideas?

Is there a way to Bypass the Alphabetical sorting?

Create 2 users A & B

Now give them both a talk power of 10 (use client permissions for the test)

They should still be listed as A then B. Now change B's talkpower to 11 and see if the list changes to B then A.

You can also create 2 A's and give them them different talk powers and see that the one with a higher talk power will be listed above.

Create 2 users A & B

Now give them both a talk power of 10 (use client permissions for the test)

They should still be listed as A then B. Now change B's talkpower to 11 and see if the list changes to B then A.

You can also create 2 A's and give them them different talk powers and see that the one with a higher talk power will be listed above.
    Okay. That works for players. Now is there a way you can assign different Server Groups a certain Talk Power without having to assign every single user a specified talk power...?

yeah, just give a value to the permission i_client_talk_power in the server group section of the permissions. by default a server admin has a power of 75.

yeah, just give a value to the permission i_client_talk_power in the server group section of the permissions. by default a server admin has a power of 75.
    We can't seem to override the Server Admin priority. Any answer to that? We don't want having Server Admin affecting the persons Rank priority if you understand what I'm trying to say, lol.

--- Merged ---

Also... We were trying to fix things and we ended up deleting something...

7/20/2010 7:27:31 PM VirtualServer Info permission 'i_needed_modify_power_client_talk_power'(id:65472 ) was deleted by 'HunterJoe'(id:3720) from servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:300)
    Is there anyway you can get this back?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 26-03-2012 at 09:57.

@poisonpanik: You need to have go on holidays, you go off

According to devs, users are sorted by talkpower, then talker_flag, then alphabet.
    Users on same level (i. e. same talkpower) alphabetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    According to devs, users are sorted by talkpower, then talker_flag, then alphabet.
    Users on same level (i. e. same talkpower) alphabetical.
    So... How can you Have someone, who has no SA rights, override an SA's Talkpower?

I agree Alcazar...

Quote Originally Posted by MERCTrigger View Post
    So... How can you Have someone, who has no SA rights, override an SA's Talkpower?
    Bump of last post.

Give him a higher talkpower than the SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Give him a higher talkpower than the SA.
    We tried that and it didn't work. The SA always seemed to outrank the other guy we gave the higher talk power...

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany

Exclamation

I have done successfully on my server what it is that you are trying to do.

Be sure that 'Server Admin' has i_client_talk_power and i_client_needed_talk_power removed and grayed out (right click, remove permission).
    On my server we have 15 ranks (along with the corresponding rank icon). It ranged from 'Retired' to 'General'. Group 'Retired' has i_client_talk_power set to 25. The next rank up 'Recruit' has i_client_talk_power set to 26 and so on up the group list. 'General' has i_client_talk_power set to 39. 'Guest' has the same talk power that 'Server Admin' does, which is that it is completely grayed out. The only thing affecting users positions is now their talk power, which increases by 1 according to that ranks position in your rank system.

Be sure that neither SKIP nor NEGATE is checked for i_client_talk_power in any of your server groups. Try this and let me know what it does for you...

Okay. Here is what my guy says...

-(TBS)-HunterJoe: tell him when I try to modify the i_client_talk_power of the server admin group, i get an error that says "insufficient permission modify power"
    -(TBS)-HunterJoe: i_client_needed_talk_power is greyed out already
    -(TBS)-HunterJoe: i_client_needed_modify_power has no Grant Permission set to it, and I canot set it either
    Whats the plan from here?

I am such a noob, sorry guys.

I accidentally deleted the i_needed_modify_power_client_talk_power. I removed the Grant permission from it. Now I cannot edit any of the neccessary talk powers for the rest of my groups.

How do I get this Grant Permission back? Once I have this restored I will be able to adjust the talk powers of each group as GEN. Skylab has outlined with no problem.

I do not fully understand the Server Query Login and the server Query window. I have tried to use this thread http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=56410 as a guideline to add in the permission with this command line
    Code:
    login serveradmin <the password generated from the server query login window> use port=<the port number of the server> servergroupaddperm sgid=300 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_client_talk_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    in the Server Query window, but nothing happens.

Any help would be great.

Thread Information