Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Not sure if it fits here but after I have read many of the post here I will give it a shout.

I have 2 PvP grupes that use my TS3 server and I whant 1 grupe of people to only have access to Channel 4, and 7 and 8 if lets say every channel have name "Channel 4" "Channel 7" and "Channel 8"

And my other grupe of members only have access to "Channel 3" "Channel 6" and "Channel 9"

How most I do that in the "Advanced permission system" ?

Im also willing to pay for this help if needed.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 20-03-2012 at 08:13.

Hi everebody.
    At first, sorry my bad english.
    Here is the problem. I have a TS server, and 4 clans using it: Adept, Krym, Vasabi, Eira. Each clan got its channel whith subchannels, and i want to restrict permissions like this: Adept clan can use only channel called "Adept" and it's subchannels, etc. Than i want to create an "admin" group for each channel (Adept admin, Krym admin, etc). Which way should i use to realise this idea?
    Thank you.

Lightbulb Advanced Permissions, Restricted channels.

Hey folks!

I am a proud owner of a TeamSpeak server, the only thing dragging me down, is that i can not figure out how to do this! And it is basically killing my allready active server.

I am a Game Master of a game, and we have opened a TeamSpeak 3 server. Let me tell you a little about it all, so you can deeply understand my problem and know exactly how i need the TeamSpeak 3 server to be set up.

In game talking
    In game, there are two factions, races, or sides if you wish. Theese two sides can not communicate in game, other then in a bootleggary room wich is for all players.
    The reason why theese two factions CAN NOT talk together, is because both factions have bosses, and there is allso several PvP bosses. That means that theese two factions need to have a separate chat, not to be discovered by the other faction, so that they can take a boss.

What i need from TeamSpeak
    I need to create 3 channels, for those 2 factions. 1 superviced lobby, where i am the other staff will be all day long. This one is easy! Because this one is the first Lobby anyone, and all guests come to when entering TeamSpeak.
    Then i need 1 channel for the one faction called "Alliance of Light". And I need 1 channel called "union of Fury". The clue here, is to make theese two channels a strict aeria for players who only are on those factions in game.

with other simple words
    "Union of Fury" This is the channel i need ONLY staff and Fury people in. Light people CAN NOT enter this channel.
    "Alliance of Light" This is the channel i need ONLY staff and Light people in. Fury people CAN NOT enter this channel.

The one and only place both factions can meet, are in the lobby, where there are staff keeping a eye on them.

Your first thought might be "Why dont you just add a password?" Because Bootleggary is a open place, were factions, in game, can talk to each other, how hard it is to snitch a password? Not at all. So password protected channels are not my solution.

Your second thought is value. But no, that is not my solution eigther, because then one faction will have value 10 to join a channel, meanwhile the fury must have 15 to access theirs. Wich will, true enuff, keep the lighty's out of the fury channel, but it will not hold the furys out of the lighty channel.

Get my problem? I have tryed my very best to understand the permission system to get this to work, and i have seen this in action before. Separating theese two groups of people. Do i know how to do it in the technical stuff? Not at all. I have looked at Client ID, and trying to block ID out from a channel,but this is a very advanced and LONG process that would kill any of my staff to process everytime a new player logs on.

All the help, clues or even ideas will help me alot, becuase im lost.

For you who got tired of reading, read this:
    I need 3 channels in my teamspeak.

Channel 1: Main lobby, where guests log in.
    Channel 2: Union of Fury - This is where ONLY Fury people can enter.
    Channel 3: Alliance of Light - This is where ONLY lights can enter.

How to make theese permissions? Is there a guide somewhere?

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 21-03-2012 at 07:57.

Channel join only for one server group?

Hi,

is it possible to make a setting on the server who allows only one specific servergroup join into a channel, or can this only setted by "channel join power"?

*** Thread Merged ***

multiple clans issue

I have my own server and was wondering if there is a way restrict groups from entering certain areas....my example is as follows:

Clan A = A group

Clan B = B group

Clan C = C group

i need to setup that A cannot get into B or C
    i need to setup that B cannot get into A or C
    i need to setup that C cannot get into B or A

I have one Server Admin and they are the leaders of the clans 1 in each clan, so that when new members join server that belong to specific Clan, that clan leader can take care of them.

It is my understanding that that i can set each room with join power and will effect even the server admin.
    But if i set rooms up like that it wont stop all leaders from all sections just some.

Is there a way of making a server group(ex. clan A) that can only go to Clan A rooms
    i tried passwords but people find it tiring entering passwords for every room.

Or is there a whole other way of doing what i am trying to do?
    Thanks for any help that i get.

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 15-04-2012 at 08:21.

I want to set join power for different guilds

Hey Pros,
    i got some very tricky things:
    I need help!
    I want to realize THIS:

Groups:
    User join power 0
    Member join power 1
    Guild member join power 2
    Team member join power 3

Channel
    Public (needed join power 0)
    Members (needed join power 1)

Guilds (needed join power 3)
    Guild Members get for their Guild channel the poermission, that they can join this channel, but no other guild channels. How can i realize that?

Team ((needed join power 3)

This case can only be realized with channelgroups and i_channel_join_power.

So just use the "i_channel_join_power" in a channelgroup instead of your servergroups.

Example:
    Assign your "Channel Admin" group a "i_channel_join_power" of "3" and assign this group to your guild members inside your "Guilds" channel or wherever they should be able to join.

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 20-04-2012 at 14:47.

Question Problem making a group joining just 1 specific channel.

hey,

I have my own TS3 server running.

Now i want to make 2 groupes named White & Black.

I have the lobby of White and a lobby of Black.

If i make an person 'White' how can i make the permissions that good that he's only able to go to White lobby and not to Black Lobby.

And the other way.

Please help me!

a server group(not default);
    i_channel_join_power = 50
    + join_semi/permanent/temp are all set too.

Default channel group;
    i_group_needed_modify_power = 75
    i_group_auto_update_type = 10
    (The only two permissions set)

A specific channel;
    i_channel_needed_join_power = 30

If other users are granted a Channel Group(not mentioned here) to the above channel, will it be possible for a user with the the two groups mentioned above, to join the specific channel?

I might have understood something wrong, but as soon as there is a specific Channel Group(not the default) granted to a user in a specific channel, the channel becomes restricted to users only with this CG, no matter how high their i_channel_join_power are granted from Server Group or other Channel Group. True?

Thanks

False!

All that matters to the TeamSpeak Server is the Permissions, in this case specificly the i_channel_join_power.

Now if a Channel has a needed_join_power of 30, anyone who got a channel_join_power of at least 30 can join. The Server does not care how, or through what Permission Tier the User got that Permission. So long he has it he is allowed to join.

It is entirely possible to use a Channelgroup and only allow Users that have this Channelgroup in a Channel to join said Channel, but you will need to make sure that Users who should not enter the Channel are unable to get sufficient Permissions from an earlier Tier (ie. ServerGroups or Client Permissions).

Since in your Setup your unnamed nondefault Servergroup has a join power of 50, every member of that Group has that join power for every Channel on the Server, which includes the one you are trying to limit access to.

Your Options are to increase the needed_join_power to at least 51 or to lower (or remove) the join_power from the unnamed nondefault Servergroup.

Okay thank you very much SilentStorm

But I have an issue then :S
    Server Group Normal; i_channel_join_power = 50 is grantet to a testuser of mine. This group also includes all the default permissions set from the 'Normal' Server Group.
    Default Channel Group; i_channel_join_power=10 + b_channel_join_perm/semi/temp set.
    I have this channel hieraki:
    The Top channel; needed_join_power=75(I dont want users to join this chan). Also have channel setting 'Max Users' limited to 0.
    Subchannels all have needed_join_power=30

The user is granted a Channel Group with i_channel_join_power=30 to only ONE of the subchannels.
    The user can access the specific channel, but not the other ones.

The user can join Lobby, + the granted channel, and nothing else. The message I get is; insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_join_power).

How did I manage doing this? If anyone is interested, we can arrange to meet on the TS3 server, to make it easier for U to see the permission settings + channel setup.

I'd think you set a channel_join_power of < 30 in the Default Channel Group.

Since everyone not having been given any Channelgroup has the default one, he would get the join power of the default channelgroup, hence he cannot join the channels.

I can see what you mean. And you are right, the default Channel Group provides only 10 channel_join_power. But he gets 50 in the Normal Server Group. And from the previous post I learned that it doesnt matter where the channel_join_power comes from as long as it is more than the needed. ??

Yes, but Channel Group Permissions overwrite Servergroup Permissions by default (except for the Server Admin group).

Basicly Permissions get overwritten from left to right when looking at the Permissions Window in the Client. (ie. Client Permissions overwrite ServerGroups, Channelgroups overwrite them both, etc.)

Read permissiondoc.txt inside the Servers doc Directory for more Information.

Thread Information