Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

TS is so hard to work with

The manual isn't even a manual, it doesn't show you how to host or to join or to set up ANYTHING. The server program doesn't come with a manual and expects that you know how to host. It doesn't give you the address to your own server. I got the program because it was said to kick Roger Wilco's ass; but it doesn't. On RW all you have to do is click the 'Create' button and voila, there's your server with password and all. The same with joining. But noooo on TS you have to be all techinical and the web servers don't even work. The program itself is nearly falling apart. A new user is oblivios on how to use it and has to spend 5 hours searching the "support" forums to find NOTHING. I'm sorry but the way TS is setup is totally idiodic in every perspective.

HI

I will say TS its a great program and its easy to setup "client and Server "

And TS work in any game, any program and its work on any computer where are higher in 450 mhz.

RW its sucks, and where are many games there RW not work in.

I will put it that way, if you dont have a clue on how to setuo a client program, " TS " so can i only say, read the readme file, its a step by step manual and if you follow this readme file, nothing can go wrong..

and if you want to rum TS server part you have to do 2 things and thats it..!!

Maybe you have to set your router up, but it not TS its your router.
    and you have to learn how you set your router up..

If you run a homenetwork whit 2 or 3 computers, so i will say you should set every computer to a ip..

com1. ip 192.168.1.2
    com2. ip 192.168.1.3
    com3. ip 192.168.1.4

and your router ip is : 192.168.1.1 = standartgateway

then you go into your router setup port nr 8767 to computers ip on the Ts server. computer..
    if 192.168.1.3 its a TS server computer, set router forwarding to
    8767 to 192.168.1.3

and that its...
    so set TS up and its easy..
    i know there are the manual on this forum and i have see it..

first time i get the TS "client and server " its take 10 minut and wolla there i have a server and the client ..

hi again

Here are a link to server manual..
    http://www.teamspeak.org/forums/show...&threadid=4369

and the client manual its here..
    hobe its help you out. :-)

http://www.teamspeak.org/forums/show...&threadid=4370

http://www.teamspeak.org/forums/show...&threadid=1937

try them and i hobe its help...

Double-post in wrong forum deleted

I just want to add that TS is still in development and that there will be a focus on usability, especially for noobs and for those who don't want to try...
    but it's nonsense to focus on usability with wizards and everything before you don't have a program without bugs... so feel free to use RW until you're satisfied with TS...

cu
    SatanClaus

I've figured it out now for the most part. BTW, your IRC server provides no support.. everyone is afk

you are welcome to help us at irc and do support.

or perhaps you could pay us

Thats just a noob who is clueless, and expects free support for free software without having any knowledge.

I just converted from Roger Wilco to TS and I have never been happier. Great program guys, it is SO much more stable and reliable then Wilco. It is not rocket science to setup, its actually very easy.

On wilco I would have certain users not be able to hear other certain users why some others could hear everybody. Was weird how you had to reconnect sometimes to fix that bug.

Teamspeak fixed all of that, runs great, much more stable and so far I have not found a game it does not work with.

Planetside - Check
    RavenShield - Check
    C&C Generals - Check
    SWG Beta - Check

Keep up the good work !

I agree with Vaderdarklord. I am Currenty part of a Online Clan for C&C Renegade we were origianlly using RW and we could never understand each other. I switched the server to TS and We won't even mention the word RW. It has been banned from our Vocabulary. ;-P

As for working for Games I have found it works for

Planetside
    C&C Renegade
    C&C Generals
    MS AOM
    Ghost Recon
    Never winter Nights
    Civ 3
    GTA 3
    and many more.
    I have also found it works great with Game Commander 2.

Guys, is PlanetSide worth the 50 dollars plus the monthy follow up of 12.99? It looks like an awsome game, but it's really expensive to play.. also.. how many people fit in one.. game.. I guess you would call it.
    And on the TS situation, it would be cool if in the Help files you put in how to put the public servers in your little address book thing.. that's all I had to do.

Wilco is uber ancient so i can see why you would be happy with ts3 lol. As far as the server set up it wasnt that bad, for the first few days it was confusing but after that it was no problem and now well i know alot about ts3 servers and it is second nature. How ever if you do not read and find this knowlage for your self then i can see why it would be hard. did you know that 90% of the people that install an antivirus prog never even config it and then later wonder why it gives them problems and they always say things like "this prog sucks" when in fact its due to improper useage

All i can say is READ and be filled with knowlage

When reading your posts - you like necro-posting, do you?

Thread Information