Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Global Connection Sound Notifications

Hi,

I would like the option to be able to globally hear when anybody disconnects or connects to the server, even if they are not in my channel.

Thanks
    Last edited by JohnnyT; 14-08-2010 at 19:29.

Settings > Options > Notifications >

[Default Soundpack]

> Connection > set Connected and Disconected

I receive no GLOBAL sounds that way, if I'm in another channel, I do not hear it. That is incorrect.

Hello

Go to on your tS3 Client installation folder and sound folder and default folder.

Edit settings.ini, and research : CLIENT_CONNECTION_CONNECTED_SERVER

If you have nothing write :

CLIENT_CONNECTION_CONNECTED_SERVER = play("neutral_connection_connected_server.wav")

Restart your client and normaly have a connection sound
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 14-08-2010 at 19:47.

Nice, they should fix this so you don't have to edit the ini file.

Thanks

no sound when clients join my SERVER?

looked for this thread and couldnt find anything...when clients connect to my ts3 server i cant hear a sound that they joined the server...only hear a sound when they join my channel...i went into settings/options/notifications and there are the sounds beside join channel but not joined server...it says beside connected server / disconnected server / lost connection no sound script available???? how do i fix this guys...thank you

Hello

This question has already been answered. You can get several answers using the search function.
    (key word : sound+join+notification)

Im missing something then florian because i searched with your keyword and found nothing...There is just way to many topics for a newbie like myself to teamspeak 3 to even know where to begin...but ill keep looking....have no other choice...thank you for the suggestion

tryed that also florian...nothing...i edited the settings.ini and heres what it looks like...
    # client connection connected
    CLIENT_CONNECTION_CONNECTED_SERVER = play("neutral_connection_connected_server.wav")
    CLIENT_CONNECTION_CONNECTED_CURRENT_CHANNEL =

play("${clientType}_connection_connected_currentch annel.wav")

# client connection disconnected
    CLIENT_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED_SERVER = play("neutral_connection_connected_server.wav")
    CLIENT_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED_CURRENT_CHANNEL =

play("${clientType}_connection_disconnected_curren tchannel.wav")

Did i edit it right?...thank you

Ok there is some changes.

1 Go into the sound folder
    Client installation folder > sound > select the folder from soundpack you use)
    Download the attached file (the zip file) and extract.

2 Open the settings.ini
    Code:

CLIENT_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED_SERVER = play("neutral_connection_disconnected_server.wav")
    3 Start your client and enable the sound
    Settings > Options > Notifications > Client > Connection > Connected/Disconnected

Check the "Server" option
    This sound line should appears.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 09-03-2012 at 08:53.

Hi there.
    Our guild server is set up so that "Guests" automatically join the default channel and can not leave this channel except one of our members drags them to another channel. The other channels are permanent channels.
    Problem is, when we are in one of the permanent channels we get no voice message by TS3 if a "Guest" joins the default channel. The only thing we can hear is if someone joins the channel we are currently in.
    What do I have to change so that everyone who is connected to the server always hears the "User connected", "User disconnected" sound messages, whatever channel they are in?
    Thank you.

--- Merged ---

Allright, solved it myself.
    The solutions posted in this forum and all around the internet didn't work because the mentioned .wav-files are not included in the latest install file of TS3.
    So I downloaded TS2, copied the old TS2 "userjoined.wav", "userleft.wav" and "hesouttahere.wav" and pasted them in the TS3 sound\default-folder, edited the .ini and hooray, now it all works as planned.
    Although I wish there was a solution for all of our members, so that all of them won't have to change it manually.

Thread Merged
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 10-11-2011 at 08:18.

Audio Notification for Users joining Lobby Channel (even if we're in another channel)

Hello there,

We are also looking for this feature in TS3. Our clan has four channels set up as follows:

Lobby - this channel is where everyone (Admin, Normal, and Guest users) enters our TS3 server
    Game Play - this channel is where we go for our game play (only Admin and Normal users) can join
    AFK - this channel is where we park our ids when we're away (only Admin and Normal users) can join
    Admin - this channel is restricted to our Admins

We had to restrict "Guest" users in the Lobby because we had troublemakers come in and curse and spoil fun for rest of us.

So basically what we would like is the following:

No matter what channel (other than Lobby) we are in, we would like to get a AUDIO notification when someone joins our server in the Lobby channel (even if I am in any of the other 3 channels Game Play channel, AFK channel, or ADMIN channel).

So as soon as a person joins the lobby channel, (while I am in the Game channel), I should hear an Audio Notification (i.e. User has joined your server, or lobby, or etc.).

Then we can go and move that person (if a legitimate user) to one of the proper channels so they can participate in the game play.

Could you please help us?

Thank you,
    Mike

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 08-03-2012 at 08:11.

CLIENT_CONNECTION_CONNECTED_SERVER = play("${clientType}_server_joined.wav")

CLIENT_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED_SERVER = play("${clientType}_server_left.wav")

I did the above just like you said Fr40, but no luck. It is still not working. When I click play sound in the Settings menu --------- There is no sound from these code lines.

Any other suggestions?

Please let me know and thank you,
    Mike

Yes it's normal.
    With the last versions, these sounds no longer exist.

I will edit this post to add these 2 wav files

Thread Information