Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

ServerAdmin Listening in, on all channels?!

Hey

Wonder if u can as a ServerAdmin to listen in on all channels even tho ur not in a populated channel?
    I realy hate minimizeing a game to switch channels!
    We could really use an overlay here where a small transparent mini window of TS would be displayed through a bound key, where channel switches would be possible, and yes to see whos talking too...

Not sure if it's really what you're after, but there's an 'Always on top' option in Settings >> Options >> Application (which as I write this doesn't appear to work!!) and an option to set the transparency under Settings >> Options >> Design

Edit: Seems 'Stay on top' stops working after Teamspeak's been minimised

There is no way to listen into a channel if you are not apart of it.
    Edit by dante696 > We are not SpySpeak!
    You can join many times to every room and you can hear everything but that is only way.

I believe there is a Teamspeak overlay in the add-ons section. This might also be what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    There is no way to listen into a channel if you are not apart of it.
    Edit by dante696 > We are not SpySpeak!
    You can join many times to every room and you can hear everything but that is only way.

I believe there is a Teamspeak overlay in the add-ons section. This might also be what you are looking for.
    Im not entirely sure why u wrote "Edit by dante696 > We are not SpySpeak!" There is no way to spy in TS3 even if u tryed to :S
    Every channel is accessable by anyone... And specialy as the admin, i can damn well do as i plz, right ?
    But THX for the answer tho

Dante696 is an admin on the forums. He edit my post to say "We are no SpySpeak!"

Did you check out the TS overlay i talked about? I think this might help you. This should display the channels and who is in it on your screen while you play game. Then you can set up a hotkey to switch to the next channel and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    Dante696 is an admin on the forums. He edit my post to say "We are no SpySpeak!"

Did you check out the TS overlay i talked about? I think this might help you. This should display the channels and who is in it on your screen while you play game. Then you can set up a hotkey to switch to the next channel and such.
    No i have not check it out yet, as i only have the Lua Plugin - Test Plugin - G15 keyboard LCD display - Volume Control

Which of these might it be ?

Wink

Not wanting to get too much involved into this, but I can relate in a way.
    In Ventrilo i got used to the so called "Phantoms", a kinda feature that allowed me to set myself into other Channels, making it possible for me to listen in there without connecting more than once.

Especially in public channels its sometimes good to know what some a***** is coming up with to insult or annoy other people with. If others then don't notify me with a chat message that indeed there is someone messing up the fun, the best way is to be able to listen in.

Sure, in TS3 i can connect more than once, but that would be more like adding more and more tabs to it, depending on the number of channels in question, I would be the tab master. LOL

And I do have to agree with one thing. The ServerAdmin, if its his Server, should have that option since he is the owner/boss or whatever of his Server. If people find that ethnically doubtful, thats a whole different discussion but should be still in the end to the Server owner and not the client to limit that.

Just my oppinion of course.

here is a post by willy sunny that may help with what you are looking for. This outlines what he believes to be the pros and cons of the different TS3 overlays available. If nothing else, this gives you 3 programs that you can look up and use

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showpost....&postcount=104

Here is a link to the entire thread (several pages)
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=47256

Quote Originally Posted by SupaFly::. View Post
    No i have not check it out yet, as i only have the Lua Plugin - Test Plugin - G15 keyboard LCD display - Volume Control

Which of these might it be ?
    These overlays that i'm talking about are something that i don't think you are going to find in your TS3 options. I believe these are separate exe files that you will be running along side TS3 and this will display in your game information about your server that you are connected

Wink

The original question of this thread was about "listening" into other channels by the ServerAdmin, like you can do that with Ventrilo, not necessarely to have a overlay where I can just "see" where people are.

Thread Information