Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A common scheme on our server is that there are ~2 guild leaders, ~3 raid leaders and ~10 class leaders per raid guild. Usually, they all can invite and most of them can also kick players from the guild. One or two guys with guild or raid leader rank are concerned with forum, voice server and website administration. Don't pin me down to the exact numbers, but there usually is a discrepancy between the number of people looking to gameplay issues and the number of people taking care of technical stuff. And exactly this discrepancy increases the effort for the technical staff, which is why I would highly appreciate my request to be taken seriously.

Poisonpanik, I agree with you, the more people there are managing the voice server, the less work there is for each individual administrator -- in theory. In theory, communism works. In theory.
    Last edited by Erkunder; 27-10-2010 at 09:30.

and I agree with you that a feature like this would be useful. I was merely trying to see it from your point of view

As Dante said, it has been requested before but he thought it was a good idea so maybe it will be brought up again with the dev team.

Okay, poisonpanik, I think I got you wrong. Thank you for supporting the idea.

lol, no problem. I always like to try and understand where someone is coming from and how they manage their server. Hopefully it gives me insight to either suggest alternatives that may fix the problem temporarily or permanently.

we will add something which will solve this problem, BUT not sure if it makes it into the 3.0 version.

[TS-292]

You might as well do it in rather weird way, but maybe more user friendly.

Maybe default channel jail while no server password?
    Is that possible solution?

that would mean you still can enter the server, i know from alot of guilds that they dont want that random people return to their server for multiple reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Maybe default channel jail while no server password?
    Is that possible solution?
    We have thought of this option, too. We simulated it this way: No server password, set former server password as password for each channel that wasn't protected yet. Then we raised the talk power of the default channel so high it was virtually unusable for anyone in that channel. We dropped that very soon because there were too many people connected to our server lingering in the default channel. No idea why they did.

Thus, R. Ludwig is right, we don't want random people to return to our server.

very strange way (what if one person is not allow to join one channel? Do you change all channel pass?).
    It's easyer to set no serverpass and allow guests only to join the lobby.
    If someone want to join any other channel he must in the normal (or a separate) servergroup.

Quote Originally Posted by eckart View Post
    very strange way (what if one person is not allow to join one channel? Do you change all channel pass?).
    Special channels with special restrictions had special passwords, just like before.

Quote Originally Posted by eckart View Post
    It's easyer to set no serverpass and allow guests only to join the lobby.
    If someone want to join any other channel he must in the normal (or a separate) servergroup.
    It's not easier in general. Consider posts #2 and #3 of this thread.

But as soon as the suggestion is implemented, workarounds like these are obsolete anyway.

This feature to set a temp password is currently Work in progress.
    Server 3.0.3 and client 3.0.6 should own this feature.

Internal Ticket ID TS-292
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

The latest server and client do support that feature
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Hurrah for that! Thanks a lot!

Thread Information