Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.0-rc1-pre releases

Why the name rc1? Why a -pre release?
    our next client release will be called "TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.0-rc1" (short for "release candidate one") and it will contain all the features we planned to have ready for a stable 3.0.0 release.

Lots of changes have queued up that have not been tested enough to allow us to flat out release rc1 right away - this is where this rc1-pre version comes in. We ask anybody to test it and to provide feedback in this thread.

Important changes:
    - We completely rewrote our sound system, we do not use the FMOD library any more but rather our own custom code. This allowed us to improve latency and add features like better recording, echo cancellation and more control over the sound system for plugins. Currently this is only active on windows.
    - A New Sound-pack is used (still a couple of sounds missing, see below)
    - The "Easy Permission" dialogue was added to easily setup your permissions.
    For more changes, view the changelog.

Please test these and report and bugs or other problems you find!

How to get it
    - Go to where you installed teamspeak. There should be (among other things) a executable called "update"
    - In this folder create or edit the file called "update.ini", after you are done with it the contents should be:
    Code:
    [Channel]
    beta=true
    - Save the file, start TeamSpeak and go to Help->Check for Update, it should report a new version available.

Known Issues (on our TODO already)
    - On Windows XP sound sometimes stutters when minimizing or maximizing windows
    - Not all sounds for the new sound-pack are included yet (e.g. you have been poked)
    - The new (NOFMOD) sound system is not yet present for linux and mac
    - If you are trying to build plugins with the new version you need to define "NOFMOD" and also use a "special" API version (see example code for detail).

I testing... Thanx you !

Good work guys! Only comment I have so far is that maybe the phonetic channel name should be on the main tab with the channel description. Not sure what others think on that though. I like the tabs for the EDIT CHANNEL window though

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Good work guys! Only comment I have so far is that maybe the phonetic channel name should be on the main tab with the channel description. Not sure what others think on that though. I like the tabs for the EDIT CHANNEL window though
    I don't like this suggestion. The "Basic" Create/Edit channel view (the first tab) should not contain anything that makes an inexperienced user go "What is this? TeamSpeak is so complicated"
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Good point

Installed, works fine.

Hi everybody

After updating to RC1 i can't get my soundcard working anymore , im workinf windows 7 home premium 64bit with high definition soundcard onboard

******* update sorry complaind to soon after setting setting in r3ecord option to Windows audio Session it works. *********
    Last edited by PD1EVL; 13-01-2011 at 19:24.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Maybe I missed something important, but I cannot find where to edit channel permissions in build 13373. Is there a new way of doing so? Otherwise all looks great, thanks!

I cannot apply the changes I've made on the new premissions system,
    can anyone know how to solve it?

Maybe I missed something important, but I cannot find where to edit channel permissions in build 13373. Is there a new way of doing so? Otherwise all looks great, thanks!
    I was thinking the same thing but I wanted to poke around a bit before I said anything. Same with client and client/channel permissions. It did take me a second to figure out how to get to the "advance" view for permissions. I do wish it would stay on advanced if you select it.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    I do wish it would stay on advanced if you select it.
    I was thinking the same when I downloaded the beta38-pre when the simple permissions were in the works. I selected advanced yet upon reopening it went back to basic. I'm sure they will fix that :-)
    But as for the other permissions windows (channel, client, channel/client), I suppose the basic views aren't complete for them so aren't included as of yet. Must be on the way! Or very well hidden :-P

Error Update (Windows XP-SP3)

Could not rename 'C:/.../ts3client_win32.exe' to 'C:/.../_old_ts3client_win32.exe'

Solved, I changed the installation directory
    Last edited by Jordi; 13-01-2011 at 23:18. Reason: Solved

Quote Originally Posted by -{HGH}-GEN.Skylab View Post
    But as for the other permissions windows (channel, client, channel/client), I suppose the basic views aren't complete for them so aren't included as of yet. Must be on the way! Or very well hidden :-P
    Activate the missing permission tabs by going Settings => Options => Application => Misc and CHECK Advanced permission system

Good find!

I think the new Sounds are to Slow and they takes too much time at speaking. Please fasten them up a little bit

Thread Information