Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Using middle mouse button for push to talk

I have tried everything I can think of but I just can't make push to talk (ptt) use my middle mouse button. In Options->Applications I have tried enabling/disabling the use of the middle mouse button but it doesn't change anything. Also, enabling that setting doesn't allow the use of the middle mouse button for anything in TS3. But I can easily enough use my middle mouse button (and is detected as same) in World of Warcraft so the mouse button works fine.

Reassigning the middle mouse button for some other button isn't suitable as I use the mouse (and its buttons) for other programs where the middle mouse button works as intended.

Any way to make TS3 use the middle mouse button?

I have a similar issue.

I have an MX Revolution, and the logitech software lets me set a key combination for certain buttons. That is, I can set the top middle button to send "Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F11". I've used this key combination for years for voice communication software and have had no issues.

For some reason, Teamspeak3 does not pick this combination up when it comes from the mouse. When it comes from the keyboard itself, it works fine. I tested the key combination with Ventrillo and it worked fine.

The issue seems to be the way Teamspeak3 reads user input. If it only looks for interrupts from the keyboard, this is pretty retarded and needs to be fixed. I have a feeling, though, that there is a slight difference between keyboard generated events and mouse generated events that look like keyboard events.

Could someone please take a look into this? It's causing me to refrain from using Teamspeak3 for the moment.

The exact same mouse with the exact same setup works fine with TeamSpeak 3 on my PC. On my laptop, it does not recognize mouse button 3 (or 4 or 5). Something is wrong with the way TS3 picks up keyboard/mouse events.

I've discovered that my problem is actually dependent on the window I have focus set to. If Teamspeak3 has focus, my mouse key combination doesn't work for touch-to-speak. However, if any other window has focus, the same key combination does in fact work.

I just wanted to report that I eventually got my middle mouse button to work. My problem was that I am using the Logitech MX Revolution with SetPoint software modified with uberOptions (to giver better control over the buttons). Problem was that uberOptions' support of SetPoint beyond 4.80 wasn't complete and I therefore stayed with SetPoint 4.80. However, upgrading to SetPoint 6.20 and custom installed uberOptions according to the authors guide made uberOptions install nicely with the new SetPoint and now I can use the middle mouse button with TeamSpeak 3.

So the issue was SetPoint it seems. Weird thing is that SetPoint 4.80 with uberOptions works fine with TeamSpeak 3 on my other pc...

Thread Information