Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Client 3.0.0-rc2 released
09-06-2011, 10:40 #1-= TeamSpeak Servant =-
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
Client 3.0.0-rc2 released
We are pleased to announce that today we are releasing TeamSpeak 3 client version "3.0.0-rc2" aka RC2. Compared to our last stable release, RC1, there are several noteworthy changes:
- Replaced the RC1 sound pack with two new ones. One female and one male (you can choose between the two in the set-up wizard or in Settings > Options > Notifications). Also the old mic click sounds are back.
- To allow easily (e.g. double click) installation of addons you can now create zip files with special file suffix that are extracted to the right location by a nice dialogue. We recommend any addons to be bundled like this for ease of use. Supported endings are: .ts3_plugin .ts3_style .ts3_soundpack .ts3_iconpack .ts3_translation .ts3_addon
Detailed instructions for addons developers can be found in our forums.
- Domains with non-ASCII characters work again (they were broken by the RC1 release).
- Multiple fixes to the sound system (capture/playback), particular with Windows XP based PCs.
Complete TS3 client RC2 changelog follows:
=== Client Release 3.0.0-rc2 08 Jun 2011
+ Added banner resize mode to virtualserver settings.
+ Channel context menu "unsubscribe from channel family" is available as soon
as any subchannel is subscribed.
+ "Set Avatar" now is disabled without permission.
+ Added package installer for easy plugins/styles/soundpacks etc. one-click
* Plugin authors note: requestChannelSubscribe and requestChannelUnsubscribe
now take an array of channelIDs as parameter instead of a single channelID.
* Exchanged default soundpack with male and female soundpacks.
* Added soundpack page to setup wizard to select one of male or female.
* Select and scroll to own client after connecting.
* Fixed switching a fullscreen game to desktop when client is minimized and
showing the "warn while muted", the "entering moderated channel", the
"force push-to-talk" or the "maximum amount of clients reached" dialog.
* Client and server log windows now save and restore log level checkbox states.
* Added "Debug" checkbox to control debug output in client log window.
* Added "Delete" to channel permission to set i_channel_needed_delete_power.
* Plugin API: Added returnCode parameter to sendPluginCommand
- Support for international domain names readded.
- Removed validation of input text from connection connect and bookmark
address field, so that every address can be used.
- Fixed possible crash in AppScanner plugin with Umlauts.
- Added a missing separator within an invitation.
- Moved rest of the sounds into soundpack for more customized handling.
- Fixed that poke dialog no longer opens when nickname was changed.
- Changed the Push-To-Talk tooltip lines which were displayed in wrong order.
- Fixed displaying port when connected via invitation.
- Fixed errordisplay when family subscriptions on channels fail.
- Fixed dropping images from filebrowser into channel description when
connected on multiple servers.
- Fixed context menu to copy offlinemessage text.
- Limited the last mentioned URLs in systemtray context menu to 10.
- Fixed that image-descriptions near avatar are sometimes written over the edge
- Image in channel description was broken when overwritten with same name.
- Fixed that offline messages throws a warning when recipient wasn't found on
- Don't save empty subscribed channels list when quickly disconnecting again
from a server, loosing the subscribed channels.
- Fixed problem when binding hotkeys while joysticks were active that "pressed"
a button constantly.
- Fixed that TeamSpeak does not start as a result of broken input device
drivers. If detected TeamSpeak will at least start without usable hotkeys.
- Fixed ts3server:// links being overwritten by autoconnect bookmarks when a
bookmark for the linked server already exists.
- Windows installer no longer allows installing the 64-bit client on 32-bit
We look forward to your feedback. For discussion on RC2 please visit this forum thread.
- TeamSpeak Team
09-06-2011, 12:43 #2-= TeamSpeak Lover =-
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
This is kind of a landmark, considering TS2 only made it to RC2
09-06-2011, 16:32 #3-= TeamSpeak Addict =-
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
I will be waiting for more comments about this Release. Over the last week or so you had 4 or so different RC-2 releases. Thats even more Beta than while it was still Beta releases.
I hope things are finalyl fixed now and can move on.
09-06-2011, 17:14 #4-= TeamSpeak User =-
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
I miss the mic clicks that were in the last version, you've gone back to original ones which are very hard to hear. Wish I could change them.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Peter in forum ArchiveReplies: 19Last Post: 31-05-2011, 01:28
By nwerensteijn in forum [TeamSpeak 2] Client SupportReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2002, 15:11
By nwerensteijn in forum [TeamSpeak 2] Client SupportReplies: 0Last Post: 06-10-2002, 21:39