Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So if that option is not specified on a group, where does it inherit it from?

These permissions can be set everywhere Like all other permissions too.
    In most cases they are used in channel and server groups, but they can get added into client permissions too or per accident as a channel permission.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

I'm still confused, lets start again... lol

I have a Server Admin group and it does not have the i_group_needed_member_add_power permission added to it at all.
    (ie, that permission does not exist in the DB for the specific group id)
    If the group does not have that specified directly what default value does it get and where does it inherit that from?

My users are currently assigned to channel group Guest and server group Guest.
    These groups have no i_group_member_add_power value assigned to them so according to the documentation the users should be assigned with a 0 value and have no access.
    How come they do not have a 0 value and have a 75 access that lets them add themselves to other groups?

I've checked all the perm_ tables in the database and the only place that i_group_member_add_power is even specified is on the Server Admin and Admin Server Query groups.
    Shouldn't that mean no one should have that permission granted to them?

They must have i_group_needed_member_add_power withan value or else everyone without memeber ad power can add users into that group!

Is that so hard to understand?

Lets compare with an role playin game.

i_group_needed_member_add_poweris the spell you want learn, but this speel needs a level of 75.
    Your character owns level 0 (i_group_member_add_power)

Means your character also needs level 75 to learn that spell.
    Last edited by dante696; 05-03-2012 at 09:34.
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here

I completely understand what you are saying, however you do not understand what I am saying.

What I'm trying to point out is that none of the users or groups have the permission assigned to them to add members to groups.
    Yet they are still able to somehow.
    The ONLY groups that have i_group_member_add_power are the Server Admin groups so all other users should have a zero value for that permission.
    I have checked all 5 tiers of the permission system and there is nowhere that is applying this permission to users.

I have changed the i_group_needed_member_add_power to 100 for the groups which has stopped the users from being able to add themselves to them but it does not explain how they can add themselves to those groups when the permission needed is 75 and they are not getting a permission granted at all.

You understand yet? Or do I need to use a spell analogy?

I understand what you have wrote, but a needed value of 100 is to much!
    As said i can only give you an example of our default groups.

Server groups:
    Server Admin - i_group_member_add_power 75 / i_group_needed_member_add_power 75
    Normal - i_group_member_add_power is not set / i_group_needed_member_add_power 75
    Guest - i_group_member_add_power is not set / i_group_needed_member_add_power is not set

Channel groups:
    Channel Admin - i_group_member_add_power 50 / i_group_needed_member_add_power 50
    Operator - i_group_member_add_power 25 / i_group_needed_member_add_power 50
    Voice - i_group_member_add_power is not set / i_group_needed_member_add_power 25
    Guest - i_group_member_add_power is not set / i_group_needed_member_add_power is not set

As you can see The Server admin has 75 and can assign all these groups.
    The Normal user cant assign groups as long he does not own Operator or Channel Admin.
    The channel Admin can add users into the channel Admin or lower channel groups.
    The Operator can assign Voice or Guest (channel group).

Mine is very similar to that but guest users were still adding themselves to groups where they shouldn't have been....
    Maybe my other admin has been playing too much and messed things up somewhere...

Is there a way to reset default group permissions to all groups somehow?
    Or perhaps apply a permssion template to a specific group, for example if my group has i_group_auto_update_type=15 ?

The magic word is permreset

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ight=permreset

This removes all custom groups and all users out of server groups! It removes all client, channel-client, channel permissions.
    It also creates an token after it finished.

Thanks I might give that a try then if we still have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by GodKratos View Post
    I completely understand what you are saying, however you do not understand what I am saying.

What I'm trying to point out is that none of the users or groups have the permission assigned to them to add members to groups.
    Yet they are still able to somehow.
    The ONLY groups that have i_group_member_add_power are the Server Admin groups so all other users should have a zero value for that permission.
    I have checked all 5 tiers of the permission system and there is nowhere that is applying this permission to users.
    In the "permissiondoc" from the server it says
    You can only
    successfully issue the action the permission controls if your power is equal or
    greater than the associated needed power.

Example:

i_client_kick_power
    i_client_needed_kick_power

When you want to kick a client the permission system will compare your "kick
    power" with the "needed kick power" of the target of your kick. If you have
    equal or greater power, you will be able to kick this client. If your power is
    less than the needed kick power of your target, you will not be able to go
    through.
    In RPG language it would mean, you want to cast a spell that cost 10 Mana.
    If you have 10 or more Mana you can cast the spell, if you have only 8 Mana you cant.

Also, what Dantes was (sometimes) probably going to say is, if a permission is set to "0" or not set at all, it will count as "0".
    So, if your SA group has no "i_group_needed_member_add_power" set, it will be treated as "0". Your Guest group has no "i_group_member_add_power " set, those being "0".
    Since 0 = 0, they can add themselves to this group.

That's why normal security management has nothing to do with RPG.
    It has to be declarative and explicit. Unfortunatelly, TeamSpeak programmers can't realize it

Sry, but this is the easiest way to explain the needed power to user, who have no idea about the permission system.

In normal permission system, you just give or take permissions.
    This was true for TS2, but for TS3 you decided to invent something completely unmanageable, bogus and disfunctional.

Dont say this.
    Devs and customers wanted this complex permission system for TS3.
    A famous mod here said this or similar

Ok, let's take a simple example.
    You have 3 groups of people: A, B, C.
    You have 4 channels: X, Y, Z and default channel, of course.
    Configure TS3 permissions in such a way, that:
    - everyone have voice permission in default channel, group C have moderation permissions there;
    - group A have access to channel X, but not Y or Z;
    - group B have access to channel Y, but not X or Z;
    - group C have access to channels X and Z, but not Y.

Thread Information