Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

YaTQA - Query Admin Tool

Introduction

Here it is, my own admin tool called YaTQA. Although it stands for Yet another TeamSpeak³ Query App, I hope it's not just another, but a very good one. It supports every active feature of the query interface.

Download

Official download site: DOWNLOAD from addons.teamspeak.com (around 1.1 MiB)
    YaTQA is free for personal use. Only for commercial use and the console feature (receiving chat messages, sending your own commands), a registration is required by donating any amount of money or by sending me an e-mail explaining why you don't want to donate. I am serious about this free registration thing, it's not a joke.
    Paid registration usually makes me implement suggestions a little faster. I will also make command line tools and – if possible – bots for paid users. Paid registration includes lifetime updates. Currently, there are no plans to limit updates for free registrations either.

The downloaded file will ask you which language you’d like (currently German or English). You can also enable the portable mode and select desktop and start menu shortcuts. It does not modify your system in any way, it just unpacks what you like and creates shortcuts if you want. You can also unpack that file with 7-Zip and stuff. If not in portable mode, YaTQA creates a folder in your %AppData% directory.

A German description and some additional English info can be found on my website.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Screenshots

See my website for more screenshots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tab9g.png 
Views:	12808 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	10379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tab7a.png 
Views:	12360 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	10380
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tab2.png 
Views:	645 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	10381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tab10d.png 
Views:	737 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	10382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tab3x.png 
Views:	567 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	10383

Feature overview

tl;dr: YaTQA supports all ServerQuery features. No exceptions.

Because that’s quite a lot, the following list only lists stuff that you cannot do with the normal TS3 client (that in return allows you to speak, which YaTQA doesn’t):

General features
    There is no need to be admin of any server to use these.

• Detailed and easy-to-understand DNS lookup visualisation
    • Check TeamSpeak’s blacklist for any IP

Instance features
    You usually need access to the query account called “serveradmin”. YaTQA of course comes with a bookmark manager you can fill with your instance credentials.

• View instance stats
    • View/edit instance settings
    • View license details
    • View IP bindings
    • See all virtual servers (works with other accounts on servers that exist since the early beginning)
    • Add some local notes to the servers (as said, these are local and not stored on-line)
    • Start/stop/create/delete/rename virtual servers
    • Send a message to all servers
    • Create/mass-create/deploy snapshots
    • Reset permissions to those of the template groups

Virtual server features
    These usually work without access to the “serveradmin” account; a Server Admin account created in the TS client should be enough. However, that’s not officially supported and there’s no guarantee that all features will work on your server.

• Ignore host message modal quit and high security level
    • View very detailed virtual server stats
    • Collapsible server tree (with the option to make it topmost)
    • Move/kick/ban/describe multiple users at once
    • Edit multiple channels at once (not possible with all attributes)
    • Send messages to multiple users/channels/both at once
    • Move files between channels
    • Image preview without download
    • Upload/download entire folder structures
    • Add users to groups or edit their permissions by entering their names
    • Working permission overview with realtime editing
    • Copy permissions between servers/instances
    • A client database that is easier to use with more details
    • More client database search features
    • Export the client database to HTML or CSV
    • View instance log
    • Add lines to the log
    • Export the log to HTML or TXT
    • Download icons and avatars
    • Identify the owners of the avatars stored on your server
    • Manage your server templates
    • Monitor uploads and downloads
    • Send query commands and view the results in an easy-to-read interface (registered users only)
    • Monitor token usage (registered users only)

Detailed feature list

The program has 11 tabs of three categories: The first one is the general login tab. If you log in, the three instance tabs are shown. You can choose a virtual server on the second tab of these, which will show you seven tabs with the virtual server features.

• Tab 0: Start
      • Login
      • Server bookmarks

• Tab 1: Statistics
      • Instance info
      • Connection info
      • Version info
      • Some basic settings

• Tab 2: Servers
      • Server list
      • Start/stop servers
      • Select a server to show the virtual server tabs
      • Rename servers
      • Create a server

• Tab 3: Miscellaneous
      • Send a message to all clients on all virtual servers
      • Information on your identity
      • Change login name (=generate new password)
      • Snapshots
      • Permission reset

• Tab 4: Statistics
      • Basic information
      • Basic settings (name, port, ...)
      • Connection info

• Tab 5: Advanced
      • Virtual server configuration

• Tab 6: Bans etc.
      • Bans
        • Ban list
        • Delete bans
        • Add bans

• Complaints
        • Complaint list
        • Delete complaints
        • Ban people

• Tab 7: Users
      • Channel and user list
      • Edit channels and users
      • Move channels and users (you can move multiple users at the same time)
      • View files
      • Move files (you can move files to a different channel as well)
      • Upload and download files (YaTQA also supports processing of folder structures)
      • Send messages

• Tab 8: User DB
      • View user database
      • Delete user details
      • Ban user
      • Open this user in the permission tab
      • Find users
      • Edit description

• Tab 9: Permissions
      • Permission editor like the official client's advanced permission view
      • Permission overview with direct editing
      • View a user's channel groups
      • Display created tokens

• Tab 10: Miscellaneous
      • Log
        • View log
        • Add custom entries to log

• Write offline messsages
        • Send a message to all clients on the virtual server

• Running File Transfers
        • View running file transfers

• Display a list of avatars that are stored on the server
        • View and download avatars
        • Display an avatar's owner

• Icons
        • Display a list of icons on the server
        • Upload icons (if you upload the same icon with YaTQA and the official client, it will have the identical name)
        • Download icons on your computer
        • Replace icons while keeping the name (not recommended)

Other notable features:

• Almost all lists support multi-select. For example, you can select some servers (press Ctrl) and click stop to stop them all. While almost all lists support this, not every feature for working with the list does. For example, you can select more than one server and stop them all at once, but you can only edit one server at a time.
    • In the users tab, the tool supports drag and drop in many variations. Select multiple files and drop them on another channel to move them there. You can also create folders and move files to a different folder. If you want to move users, you can select any users from all over the server and move them to a certain channel with only one drag and drop action.
    • The tool supports WYSIWYG BBCode editing. Most features that are supported by TS are also supported here, but images and URLs are displayed as source code for easier editing. Feel free to paste content from applications like Microsoft Word into a BBcode text box. BBCode features supported by the WYSIWYG editor are: b, i, u, size={1-7}, color={#abc|#abcdef|name}, left, center, right (in the future, list should also be added)

Registration

Registration is required for some more servers than the NPL permits (though there is some threshold intended for offline servers that don’t count against the NPL, but count for YaTQA). Registration is pay-what-you-want via PayPal. If you don't want to pay at all, tell me why. Keys are personalized, so always include your real name.
    If you are running an NPL or rented your server, you will most likely not have to act at all.

Background

The program is written in Delphi (that's the language that was used to create TS2). Since YaTQA makes a lot of use from Unicode, Delphi 2009 was used. YaTQA uses only the default Delphi and Indy components, everything else is written by me, except for a bugfix on uppercase Umlaut characters and the folder selection dialog function that I found on some forum.
    Most images in the tool are from IconEden.com’s “Bright” set, but I licensed them from Axialis for royalty-free use, so the author is not given credit in the tool itself.

Source Code

YaTQA is open source software. By default, the source code is under MS-RSL. If you want the source code, feel free to send me a message. Please include what you want to do with it and which version of Delphi you have. Additionally, include a statement that you will comply with the MS-RSL. For active development, you will be given another license.

Get the engines

• RedeemerTS3: This is my query engine based on Indy TCP. If you want it, contact me via PM. There are two flavors: TRedeemerTS3 for active commands only and a derived TThreadedRedeemerTS3 with multi-thread and event support. More info can be found here.
    • BBCodeUtils: A WYSIWYG BBCode engine. It supports displaying the tags b, i, u, color, size, left, center and right. img, url and hr tags are displayed as source code. You can also PM me if you want it.

Support and FAQs

The FAQs are now located here, so individual answers can be linked. The FAQs are pretty good and answer nearly all questions.

The YaTQA support thread you’re reading right now and the free YaTQA support are meant to be used solely for YaTQA-related issues, defined as follows:

• Server error code 256 as well as code 1024 to 1791 (=bugs)
    • Network errors (code 10000 and up, except for 10061), but don’t expect there’s much I can do to help you
    • Bugs, suggestions, feedback in general, questions on how to do certain things with YaTQA

So what’s a bug? Stuff that doesn't happen with telnet/PuTTY or which is obviously not meant to do what it does (e.g. you click a button but nothing happens).
    Everything else belongs to the TeamSpeak Technical Support forums (this website).

That's it. I hope you like it. I'm looking forward to your comments.
    Last edited by numma_cway; 20-06-2014 at 15:46.

I love this tool!, very good interface, please translate it in English A.S.P. You can contact me if you need any help with the translation

I evaluated the work that needs to be done to translate the tool. It's not that much, so you can expect an English version this month, when the user/channel feature is added. I also want to add a token list.
    After that, the tool will be either 0.3 beta or 1.0 final, which depends on how much I think has to be added to make it exactly what I wanted it to be.

I just released v0.2 alpha (but forgot to update the version number, so it's still displayed as 0.1).
    • All permission features are now available.
    • All images were moved to resource files, which reduced the size of the application by 70 KiB. Anyway, due to the massive addition of functionallity, it got 30 KiB bigger.
    • Changed the icon of “deploy running“ to be more emanticipated.
    • The titlebar now shows the selected instance and virtual server, but in a shorter form than the while areas on the top.
    • The Query Engine was extended in many ways, yet it's not complete.
    • You can create tokens now.
    • I added a list of a client's groups in the channels of a server. This feature is currently read-only. But you can rename channels there.
    • Changed the Unescape function to a new one, since the previous could - in some rare cases - use an escaped backslash to unescape the character after it.
    • The input window did not accept negative numbers when in numbers only mode and did not check the input when in float mode. Additionally, there was a problem with the format of floats, which was set to your local format, but in the previous version, it had to be in English, when you wanted to change it. You now have to enter floats in your local format.
    • You can't edit the permission names and thereby break the edit feature for a short time feature.

Pretty tool, please translate it to English ASAP. Im a spanish customer, if you need help to translate to spanish let me know i will help you !!!

Version 1.0.0 rc1 is out now.
    It took a while since the last version, that's because I decided to skip the beta phase entirely and head over directly to the release candidate, which has all the intended features (though I might add a snapshot feature).

Now, I'll start translating the tool into English. After that, we can talk about other languages.

Changes made in this release:
    • Fixed a bug that prevented users from editing guest groups
    • Added a token list
    • Completed the underlying RedeemerTS3 query engine
    • Fixed a bug that showed an error message when doubleclicking in an empty area of the premission list
    • Added prefixes to the group lists
    • Icon IDs must be in Integer range when editing permissions and working with client info (DWord is not allowed). When working with server information, the IDs are retrieved as Integers, but must be set as DWord. The numbers displayed in the icon upload dialog's hints are always DWords, so YaTQA also displays them as DWords.
    • You can no longer doubleclick a permission's name (instead of the last columns which are supposed to be doubleclicked in order to change them), which did not cause a change, but send stuff to the server.
    • Added kick features to the complain list
    • Expanded and improved hint texts all over the application
    • Made several improvements to the permission editor (e.g. added default buttons, so you can use Enter)
    • Groups can now be added, removed, copied and renamed
    • You can now log out by trying to change the account to one with no name or password. This already worked before, but lead to an error.
    • Changed the editor for multi-line settings like the welcome message to one that supports multi-line text
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the client channel group list from displaying memberships in the last group
    • Fixed a bug that prevented users from properly giving channel group permissions
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the two permission filter features from being available while editing Channel Groups
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the application from unescaping the last character of a string
    • Fixed a bug that caused the application to also use the month file traffic stats for the total traffic stats (instead of the real total stats)
    • Fixed an interface flaw resulting from that
    • Fixed a bug that caused a name inconsistency after editing channel names in the client channel group overview
    • Added a running file transfer list
    • Added a server view with user and channel details
    • Added a channel file list, which can be found in the server view (“Users” tab)
    • The server view heavily features multiselect and drag'n'drop, e.g. you can drag some files and directories from a channel's file list and drop it on another channel to move it there
    • Displayed permissions are now consistent, even when using the filter features
    • Fixed a channel view indent bug that also affected the client channel group list

crashes after entering login credentials.
    Beschreibung:
    Aufgrund eines Problems kann dieses Programm nicht mehr mit Windows kommunizieren.

Problemsignatur:
    Problemereignisname: AppHangB1
    Anwendungsname: yatqa.exe
    Anwendungsversion: 1.0.0.0
    Anwendungszeitstempel: 4e30b076
    Absturzsignatur: e57c
    Absturztyp: 0
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.1296.17
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 1: a5e9669e1117d33c57f62f1a5e9cc250
    Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 2: 53ba
    Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 3: 09a1004a2cb56ca9cfa8813022ba766f
    Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 4: e57c
    Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 5: a5e9669e1117d33c57f62f1a5e9cc250
    Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 6: 53ba
    Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 7: 09a1004a2cb56ca9cfa8813022ba766f
    running on windows server 2008 powered by strato(its a vps)
    I already added 2 servers with another admin tool some time ago. could this be the issue?

Edit: FIXED. the issue was clearly sitting in front of the computer. I falsely ran the tool on the server itself.
    thanks a lot to the author numma_cway for assisting me.
    works like a charm. highly recommended!
    Last edited by yas437; 01-08-2011 at 20:08. Reason: fixed.

While helping yas437 and while normally working with the tool, I found some bugs and fixed them. The version is now 1.0.0 rc1b. Following changes were made:

• Fixed a bug that prevented users from copying groups over existing ones.
    • Fixed a bug that displayed an incorrect codec bitrate at 620 and 640 ms latency.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the titlebar from displaying the actual server adress.

Additionally, I updated the opening post of this thread.

I tested the tool on my local server and although I don't know German .. but I can tell this is the finest tool available on the library so far. I hope the English version come out soon, because I can't wait

ENGLISH please its nice tool but idk German

Final version is out now. Still in German only, but now I've got enough time to start translating. It brings you a bookmark manager for your servers and the ability to create and deploy snapshots (I did not test that a lot) among a huge number of bug fixes.

Here's the complete changelog:

• Updated the permissions SIDs to server version 3.0.0
    • Fixed the BBCodeUtils to reset formatting (but it seems like it was not necessary to do that)
    • Added scroll bars to RichEdit boxes
    • Added ability to create and deploy snapshots, as well as reset the permission groups
    • Changed the Flag of Libya (LY) from the Flag of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya to the Flag of the National Transitional Council
    • Fixed a bug that raised an error when editing existing BBCode texts
    • Removed the Flag of the United Kingdom (UK), because GeoIP returns Great Britain (GB) instead (the flag was already included before, but twice)
    • Removed the Flag of Serbia and Montenegro (CS), because the state does no longer exist and is not a possible result of GeoIP
    • Added the missing flags for the following possible results of GeoIP: Anonymous Proxy (A1), Satellite Provider (A2), Asia/Pacific Region (AP), Antarctica (AQ), Saint Barthelemy (BL), Europe (EU), Metropolitan France (FX), Guernsey (GG), Isle of Man (IM), Jersey (JE), Saint Martin (MF), Other (O1).
    • Fixed a bug in the BBCode decoder caused by strange behavior of the Windows Rich Edit control (it removes the text formating, but only some of them and only in some rare cases)
    • Fixed a bug related to virtual server quota
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the Vista icon from displaying correctly, because it was declared a 21060-bit icon
    • Added more binary prefixes to keep numbers shorter
    • Consilidated the code that is used to display values
    • Linked the small icon in the bottom right to my homepage
    • Cleaned up code
    • Added string display limits
    • Changed the name the channel save mode property, because it was saying exactly the opposite of what it was wanted to
    • Fixed a bug that broke the chat feature in the user tab
    • Fixed a bug that prevented ampersands from displaying correctly
    • Fixed a bug that lead to errors when using some characters, e.g. the Eszett ligature
    • Fixed a spelling mistake in the client details
    • Fixed a small display flaw in the channel details
    • Changed the localtion of yatqa.ini from the application's directory to %APPDATA%\YaTQA
    • Fixed the text limits for the top bar (in the first concept, there were four buttons in the second button group, but it soon got decreased to the today's three)
    • Improved some texts
    • Added the logo to the start screen
    • Added a bookmark manager
    • The stuff stored in yatqa.ini is now encoded. I merely did not do that to prevent data theft but because Delphi doesn't allow me to store Unicode in INIs.

wow all these fixes and features .. cant wait for the English translation .. please hurry xD

It's done since 24 hours. Just needs to be reviewed by the mods.

great job man really great job thank you for your time

just tested this and i can only say GREAT JOB mate!

Your tool is amazing! It Pretty much saved my server when I had to do backups.

Thread Information