Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Thread: Mute Group

Question Mute Group

Is there a way to universally mute someone? Cause when you click mute it mutes it only for you. I would like to make it so no one hears them.

This is not possible and has been answered before.
    Just remove their talk power or create and assign a mute group.

Make a copy of your Channel Group Guest and set i_client_talk_power of -1 in it
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Sorry i dont understand how to do, i created a copy of guest group, and now??

P.S.: i see it's a FAQ, and there isn't an easy way to simply MUTE a people: why dont implement in a new release a simply "right-click -> revoke talk permission"?

Revoke Talk Power is a mute function, but we won't add a function to mute a user everywhere.
    We are TeamSpeak and not TeamMute :/

You don't wan't that a user can talk everywhere?
    - Ban him from your server, because he can't speak and it seesms that you don't ant hi mto be on that server.
    - Copy your guest group and set i_client_talk_power of -1

So set the permission i_client_talk_power to -1
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Revoke Talk Power is a mute function, but we won't add a function to mute a user everywhere.
    We are TeamSpeak and not TeamMute :/

You don't wan't that a user can talk everywhere?
    - Ban him from your server, because he can't speak and it seesms that you don't ant hi mto be on that server.
    - Copy your guest group and set i_client_talk_power of -1

So set the permission i_client_talk_power to -1
    I think this answer is a little unreasonable.
    First, the fact that the request is periodically revived, should make it clear that is a function that people (paying) feels the need. The answer "We are TeamSpeak and not TeamMute" is a bit childish ...
    Second, define "everywhere." I do not know what you mean by "anywhere", the need is not "WHERE" but "WHEN": it is sometimes necessary to mute a person, for example, if it AFK and leaves the microphone ON, maybe with the radio in background. Or when you require 2 minutes of silence because the leader has to explain something before accepting any work.
    Ban him? Never! It does not apply at all!
    "Copy your guest group and Set of i_client_talk_power -1", ok, how do you? I did not understand how.

Open the permissions for that group and search for i_client_talk_power and now set a value of -1 + skip flag.
    You have to enable the advanced permissions system under Settings > Options > Application, to set this permission.

-------
    Anyways,

Why is this answer unreasonable, when you just complain instead telling ,what you have tried.
    We do not have to take you by your hand, when you reply "it does not work", because this does not help us.

And your request has been answered before.

Why is this answer unreasonable
    Simply because you reply with an unapplicable "ban him" and an useless "We are TeamSpeak and not TeamMute" without the slightest effort to imagine the right motivations that drive more than one person (your paying customers, I repeat) to ask for this feature. I also explained reasons but I see that have been easily ignored.

We do not have to take you by your hand, when you reply "it does not work", because this does not help us.
    What?? I never wrote "it does not work".

Thread Information