Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

'Push to talk' not working in game

Hello,

I play EVE Online and I've been using TS3 without fault for while now. Yesterday, I opened up TS3 then EVE Online without changing any settings whatsoever, and the push to talk function did not work. It only seems to work when I'm actively using the TS3 window. If I click outside of the window at any time then the push to talk feature won't work. I cannot use voice activated transmission, because I use the internal mic on the top of my iMac and it detects whenever someone says something on TS. I don't want to have to mess around with the sensitivity because then I'd have to shout!

Does anyone else have this issue? A couple of guys in my alliance have a similar issue but play EVE Online in windowed mode which solves it for them. I tried that but it doesn't work either.

Please help, this is infuriating and like I said I have literally changed nothing. One day it was working, the next it wasn't. I can't do anything in EVE without TS.

Thanks in advance,
    slashbang.

P.S. I'm using Snow Leopard. I haven't yet upgraded to Lion.

Did you read the sticky posts?

Yeah I read that one about the global hotkeys. That option in the system prefs has always been ticked. I tried ticking and un-ticking it and the problem still persists.

What about changing the key to use option(alt)?

Quote Originally Posted by slashbang View Post
    Hello,

I play EVE Online and I've been using TS3 without fault for while now. Yesterday, I opened up TS3 then EVE Online without changing any settings whatsoever, and the push to talk function did not work. It only seems to work when I'm actively using the TS3 window. If I click outside of the window at any time then the push to talk feature won't work. I cannot use voice activated transmission, because I use the internal mic on the top of my iMac and it detects whenever someone says something on TS. I don't want to have to mess around with the sensitivity because then I'd have to shout!

Does anyone else have this issue? A couple of guys in my alliance have a similar issue but play EVE Online in windowed mode which solves it for them. I tried that but it doesn't work either.

Please help, this is infuriating and like I said I have literally changed nothing. One day it was working, the next it wasn't. I can't do anything in EVE without TS.

Thanks in advance,
    slashbang.

P.S. I'm using Snow Leopard. I haven't yet upgraded to Lion.
    Slashbang, you are having the same problem I am. When I am gaming or surfing the web and when I press my Push-To-Talk button, no hears what I say. I cannot figure out how to resolve the problem let alone diagnose it. It really makes using TS a problem right now.

I'm using:
    Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro
    Mouse: Logitech MX500 Optical

if any1 is still getting this problem i just solved mine

slick on "self" menu choose "hotkey profile" and make sure there is a tick next to a profile

Exclamation Push to Talk not working when I am not using TeamSpeak

I have the most current TS. I have the latest drivers, software and operation system 10.8.2. I am using an Apple wired keyboard.

When I click on my desktop, my TeamSpeak won't engage the PTT feature.... only when I'm "clicked" onto the program it works.

The other weird thing is, certain keys I CAN use out of Team Speak, but no F keys, Tilda key, = key, and some others I can't think of the name right now.

Anyone experience this? This is really frustrating, as I don't know what to map my PTT key to.. I was hoping to use it on the RIGHT button of my Logitech mouse.

I did read the tutorial on the first page.
    Last edited by SampsonNation; 09-01-2013 at 04:35.

I did all that and I'm still having issues :/.

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried to follow the advice in the stick post by enabling assistive devices but that doesn't work at all.

I have no issue when I use voice activated version however my guild in wow would really like me to start using push to talk as the flat above me a generally very noisy.

My keyboard is the Razer Anansi and my headset is the blackshark.

I am also 10.8.2 operating system and i have checked multiple times for ts3 updates and have been told that i am running the latest version

A swift response solving our issue would be greatly appreaciated thank you

try deleting all the hotkeys and recreate the ptt hotkey maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    try deleting all the hotkeys and recreate the ptt hotkey maybe
    No luck. I tried that already.

Thread Information