Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The TeamSpeak 3 for Android app is not available for my device. Why?

Voice chat is a relatively intensive application, requiring a device with a high-performance processor. To be specific, the library does a lot of intensive math which mandates a "hardware math co-processor", or "FPU". Unfortunately, the FPU is an item which is only present in Android devices containing the "ARMv7" family of chips which roughly began with the original Motorola Droid, and has continued through today's high-performance devices.

More "value-classed" devices such as the HTC Wildfire, HTC Legend, Samsung Galaxy Ace, LG Optimus V, and others, instead contain an "ARMv6" chip type, which does not support hardware math co-processing, or the level of performance required by the TeamSpeak 3 application. Therefore, at this time these types of devices are not supported.

During development the decision was made to try and provide the very best voice chat solution, with the best voice quality, to as many people as possible. Supporting lower-performance devices would have resulted in a lower-voice-quality solution for everyone. Please keep this in mind when posting Android Market reviews regarding compatibility issues, as the device choice was made in the interest of supporting as many users as possible.

Thumbs down The TeamSpeak 3 for Android app is not available for my device. Why???

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...my-device.-Why

^^^^^^^^^^^^^my reply to this thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What i would like to know is will there be a vershion later on for other androids as your aiming your new app to the privalaged few that have top of the range phones leaving many of your users in the dark to what they can do. I am one of many people that is stuck with just 3 party viewing apps surly if skype can bring out there app for all androids surly you guys at teamspeak could do the same. i understand your app is in the early stages but could you not leave it to the public weather or not they have this app choose weather or not the quolity is hight or low? i would love this app on my phone so please do the right thing and bring out this app for all users.

I ask myself why skype is available for arm6 processors then

Ok I know this post will get deleted like the rest have been but, I dont understand why people complain just cause there phone dont work as its a lower end phone. My Motorola Droid 1 (milestone for you lucky euros) doesnt have the ram to run firefox mobile yet i accept that. Yet all of you complain about that which you cannot change. Just understand that teamspeak being a more powerful and better app then skype wont work on low-end phones. As simple as that. Just move on and accept that you atleast have a android powered phone, there are many people i know who would love one but cant afford it. So to close this off, just stop complaining cause believe it or not spam posts will be more reason for the devs to drop the beta and the droid app then convince them they need to downgrade it to the point of worthlessness.

Varacka

Well,

Though I don't understand the logic behind the decision to only include the ARM7 library I do accept it. The fact is this... your relying on ARM7 which is great except MOST android phones are ARM6 not 7 so stating that you were doing this for the better of everyone is not the truth. As to the post above, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. That said the forums are here for a reason, the dev's have dropped the ball which is why the android forums are not filled with "this is such a great app" post's. It is filled with people like me who have been using TS forever who feel like they failed and left us behind. The only thing I can see that they did correct so far is plan for the very distant future by saying they want to support the most users.... It will be far in the future before they are ever covering the majority of androids on the ARM7.

device choice was made in the interest of supporting as many users as possible
    How can you say that when most phones are not armv7

As others said skype can run on arm6 and ts don't ?

I can buy cheaper PC for TS3 than i need to pay for arm7 phone :/ (i know its not the same but its still strange )

OK, concerning Skype I think that app only connect one to one. So there is only ever one data stream to decompress. With TS3 you can have an incoming stream for anyone in the channel that is talking.

And ARMv7 is not all that new, at least 3 years old from what I can see at a glance online. Just because the US carriers tell you these older/cheap products still running ARMv6 are all you'll need so they can keep the device cost low enough to entice you into another contract doesn't mean its true. I've stopped renewing my contract for delayed release days/feature cripple/bloat ware infested phones they offer and instead get my phones direct from the manufacture. I'm much happier. (Example: Samsung Galaxy S II, released April in Europe and other parts of the world but still not in the US. Is rumored for release around the 29th of this month or maybe next month. Fact is the EU version of the phone works perfect on AT&T so no hardware changes were needed. AT&T could have brought this to US market in May if they wanted)

I do not understand why it brings out the hottest Teamspeak finally available for android, only for poor seventh I possessed a HTC Wildfire and am not very enthusiastic about the phone but it leuft. Precondition least 800 Mhz? So guys I have the Mumble client on the phone and he goes and does the 800 Mhz? No! A tip from me, it builds on all phones from Froyo and if I make it for 0.99 € but it will buy all believe me. We rebuilt it and uh you smooch * g *
    Sorry for my English but he is from a Translator soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooryyyyyyyyyy

I can add that skype does support 3 way convos it has to be started by someone on the computer end and the quality gets a major drop which would help to further the need for a armv7

Thank you all for your feedback. We understand your concerns. The best I can tell you is that we are well aware of these issues and will consider the possibilities in the future.

NOTE: It was my intent to lock this thread after my initial post, as this topic was meant to provide at least basic information to these sorts of common questions we have received since the release of the Android app.

This thread is now closed.

Mobile TS 3 on ace

Will mobile teamspeak 3 work on samsung ace?

*** Thread merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 29-11-2011 at 16:18.

Question When Application support Samsung Galaxy I5800 Froyo?

Yea I use TS3 on my PC so much and I wanna use TS3 on my phone but my phone is not compatible with this application so when you guys do patch that other guys than me can use this application

Thanks for reply!

Thread has been merged
    Last edited by dante696; 02-02-2012 at 09:21.

Incompatible with U.S. Cellular Samsung SCH-R680.

I'm guessing something in this phone isn't TS3 compatible?

Os?..what?

My phone

Thread has been merged

Your CPU is not compatible with our client. Your smartphone does use "Qualcomm MSM7627T 800MHz " as CPU.
    You can read that in post #1
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Question Samsung Galaxy Gio

Why wont teamspeak dont work on The Samsung Galaxy Gio can someone make it for me?

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 15-02-2012 at 14:48.

Thread Information