Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Solved Teamspeak 3 - Bt Homehub 3 Port Forwarding Issue

Hello there,

I'm having issues with my BT Home Hub port forwarding.. I've looked all over the internet for videos or information on how to do it and I just have no clue.. Doing the port forwarding is no problem but when I have the correct and default ports (9987, 10011 and 30033) The 10011 and 30011 work fine but when it comes to other people connecting to my Teamspeak server with my IP:9987 it doesn't let them.. is there something I'm missing to do? I'm using the port on UDP and its just not working, even a port check tool says the ports closed but its open in my hub settings.. Any person who can help me out, I would be very grateful

Thank you

i will do more research on the specific system later but 9987 (your client connect port) needs to be TCP. also make sure they are forwarded through your computer's firewall as well as the one on your router.

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by pillbox1234567
    the specific system later but 9987 (your client connect port) needs to be TCP
    You're wrong. This port have to be opend/forwarded in UDP protocol.

ah! thanks for catching that!

here are the relevant pages from portforward.com. This should be everything you need. Apparently there are two versions of the BT HomeHub. I posted both. Post back if you need more help.

BT HomeHub: http://portforward.com/english/route...k_3_Server.htm
    BT HomeHub2: http://portforward.com/english/route...k_3_Server.htm

EDIT: Check your work with this tool... http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

well I've done all the ports in the hub and everything should be working but to my surprise it still isn't.. even after 4 months.. BUMP?

And have you tried to enable dmz mode (only for testing) or to disbale the build in firewall (also for testing).
    Maybe the firmware of that device is buggy or you should try another port as 9987 for udp traffic.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

I'll try that and get back to you

Little update.. port 30033 is working. 9987 is not. any suggestions?
    Last edited by dante696; 25-10-2011 at 07:45. Reason: merged

Remember port 9987 is UDP only.

everything is on the correct port.. its seriously just not working at all

And have you tried another port as 9987?
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here

what do you mean by that?

Have you tried to change the server port from 9987 to 12234 as an example?
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ht=change+port

I fixed the issue now.. for some reason the port checker said it was closed when it was actually open so.. dunno what happened there.. thanks for all your help guys!

Hello, I've been having kinda a same problem, so I ported 9987, 10011, 30033, it didn't work at the start, then it suddenly worked, so my friend can't join, then later on the day he was able to join, which I did not make any changes, and I checked the port using http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ 10011 and 30033 port was open, but the 9987 port was closed! I don't know what is going on, can anyone please help me...

Thread Information