Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Thread: Window size

Solved Window size

Hi,

just noticed that the Mac Client (3.0.1) does not remember its window size upon restart. This is a small glitch but it's a little bit annoying anyway. Could you please fix that?

Thx

Even the new client version 3.0.2 still doesn't remember window size and position on OSX. Could you please fix that?

I will have a look. Missed your previous report for 3.0.1, sorry for that.

Hey, thx for your help.

Internal Ticketid: TS-777

I just tried. The size and position of the main window are saved and restored. This is TS3 client 3.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Please check the config file: $HOME/.ts3client/ts3clientui_qt.conf

The entry for the window size is:

Code:
    [Global]
    MainWindowGeometry=@ByteArray(...)
    Can you please check if that line exists in your config? Try deleting it (while TS3 client is not running) and restart the client.
    What Mac OS X version do you use? (Though I'd be surprised if that makes any difference.) Do you have by chance any Qt libraries installed on your system for own development?

Also using Mac OS X 10.6.8 (64bit kernel) and TS3 Client 3.0.2. My $HOME/.tsclient/ts3clientui_qt.conf has the stated entry:

Code:
    $ cat ts3clientui_qt.conf | grep MainWindowGeometry
    MainWindowGeometry=@ByteArray(\x1\xd9\xd0\xcb\0\x1\0\0\0\0\x3S\0\0\x1\x82\0\0\x6\xac\0\0\x4\x8f\0\0\x3S\0\0\x1\x98\0\0\x6\xac\0\0\x4\x8f\0\0\0\0\0\0)
    I deleted the file, but it didn't do the trick. Regarding the libraries I have Xcode installed, don't know if that contains QT.

I've testet this on two Macs, I cannot reproduce the issue. Size and position of the main window are saved and restored on both test Macs.

Installing XCode is fine, the Qt libs are not included. If you had installed Qt, you would know.

I'm out of clues on this at the moment. Anyone else having this problem on Mac?

Strange. I've created a brandnew user account to eliminate personal configuration settings as a source to this problem. Didn't help.

Just to make sure we don't misunderstand each other: I can start TS3 resize & reposition the window and press X. As soon as I click on the TS3 icon in my task bar again, I get that same size & position window back. But after qutting the application via the menu ("Quit TeamSpeak 3") and restarting it, I get a standard size & centered window again. The size varies depeding on the resolution (got different window sizes on my MacPro and my MacBookPro, but both show the same problem).

Will send that information
    Update > We tried both ways and the problem did not came up yet.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Yesterday I updated all of my and my wife's MAC OS X machines from Snow Leopard to Lion. While they all came up with the stated error it is now gone on all! Just to let you know ...

Thread Information