Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Still...

I tried the steps above in the 2nd post, and ip2location.com also shows that my country is Israel, but I'm actually from Palestine.

How would it help if I send that report to the email in the 3rd step? It will stay the same. Please help me as fast as possible.

Regards, Rami.

Quote Originally Posted by Rami01 View Post
    I tried the steps above in the 2nd post, and ip2location.com also shows that my country is Israel, but I'm actually from Palestine.
    How would it help if I send that report to the email in the 3rd step? It will stay the same.
    Hello.

First at all, don't forget that in the internet there aren't countries, there are IPs (addresses) and ISPs (providers) and an IP has the country flag that its owner, the ISP, consider having. Maybe the IPs are like boats that sail under the flag of their shipowners.

Sometimes, the final user lives in a country and its IP is based in other one, neighbor usually but not necessarily. In our server we have users from Catalonia (Spain) and users that live in Lleida and Girona but near France appear under the french flag: that not means they are french only that their IPs are assigned to an access point that is based in France.

If you consider that the flag under you are sailing it is not the correct then you should inform those who say what flag is to be displayed: you sould report to ip2location.

Greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    Hello.

First at all, don't forget that in the internet there aren't countries, there are IPs (addresses) and ISPs (providers) and an IP has the country flag that its owner, the ISP, consider having. Maybe the IPs are like boats that sail under the flag of their shipowners.

Sometimes, the final user lives in a country and its IP is based in other one, neighbor usually but not necessarily. In our server we have users from Catalonia (Spain) and users that live in Lleida and Girona but near France appear under the french flag: that not means they are french only that their IPs are assigned to an access point that is based in France.

If you consider that the flag under you are sailing it is not the correct then you should inform those who say what flag is to be displayed: you sould report to ip2location.

Greetings.
    Thanks, now I understand what's causing it.

But I need any way to fix this, having an Israeli flag on my TS user is the last thing I'd think about.

So should I contact IP2Location for this?

Hello

Please read this thread you have the answer here (and specialy in this post http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...637#post296637)

Heya
    i msg
    Kim LoongIP2Location Sales & Support Team
    Hexasoft Development Sdn Bhd

Hi,

You might need to deal with the TS team.

Regards,

Kim LoongIP2Location Sales & Support Team
    Hexasoft Development Sdn Bhd
    now he sayed u must fixed the ts3 data
    i get a wrong flag ( USA flag ) but i come from UK ( client 3.0.3 (20.01.2012 11:49:07 )
    please added this Ip Range to UK: NetRange: 46.0.0.0 - 46.255.255.255 United Kingdom for UK FLAG
    i hope u added fast
    regards
    betaman

There won't be an update, as long no new server version has been released.
    Please be patient until our developers bring an update.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

merged ans answered by dante, because this is going Off-Topic!

perhaps a release ~ date ?
    Nope (it's done when it's done)

ok thx m8 4 the answer
    but the devs get now the nfo ?

yes they got it, but for us it is not really important to release a server just for this database
    Last edited by dante696; 24-01-2012 at 12:15.

My IP has been updated by IP2Location, but reading this thread I see that I've got to wait for a server update for this to show in the weblist. Wouldn't it be better to update the IP2Location database (for example) once a month so we get them quicker than server updates (which are few and far between)

The database is stored in our server.
    It's no file, that can get updated manually.

Sorry.
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here

Ah ok, was thinking the lookups were made via your website, guess I'll have to sit it out for a new server version

Manual country flag fix

Hi,

I've read the topic where dev stated that you take information from ip2location.com, however i've found 2 clients who still get improper country flag, one of them has no flag at all, the other one shows wrong country. BUT! On ip2location.com both flags are displayed correctly, appearently this is my server issue? I couldn't find any database file (sqlite, xml, csv, whatever) where this list could be stored to manually edit it. I also doubt that it's checked on ip2location or your server each time client connects.

How do I fix this.

Thanks

e: aww I'm TeamSpeak lover. Without a doubt :3

Thread has been merged!
    Last edited by dante696; 10-02-2012 at 13:03.

I have the same issue. I have a Canadian resident that will not show a flag.

Thread has been merged!

They said something about updating database every month, still I don't get how MY (our) servers will gather this update as new TeamSpeak version does not come out every month.

Thanks

-------merged------

Hello?

Thread has been merged!

Sou have read my thread with all informations and my replys for update and also, that it is not possible to fix it without our update and your report to them?

So why do you open a double thread for the same topic?
    This is exactly the same database.

Thread has been merged!

Edit
    We hope to release the next server within the next 10days, but we need some more testing on our public servers
    Last edited by dante696; 10-02-2012 at 13:29.

The thread which I was looking into was locked. And I'm pretty certain it was this one.

I still don't know that means `our update` is this your update so I don't have to do anything or it's your update and requires me to download new/updated version of TS3 server. (again: we are talking about client flags, not webserver list)

Thread Information