Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TS3 headset and mic test OK, but still show red X

I have seen a lot of posts where people get nothing. I can test my Logitech G35 headset perfectly for play and record. I can play TS through my Bose USB speakers.
    But I cannot get any sound or talk when I connect. The big red X on the mic and speakers never leaves. I have reinstalled Logitech drivers, and TS in many ways.

6 years on WoW in a high level guild. I have until Tuesday then they will replace me. We are close to a kill on Heroic Ragnaros and I would hate to get the boot because I cannot get TS to work.

Windows 7 64 bit, tried for 4 hours with different sound settings in TS and the control panel. I did make it much worse, but recorded what I did and am back to the original problem. TS worked until the last update, but installing an older version did not fix the problem. Tried different installs of TS and Logitech G35 drivers to no avail.

TS has tweaked Win 7 somehow so Win 7 will not tell TS about my hardware. Or TS is just ignoring my successful local tests.

There is a lot of informations, but these are more aroudn the problem and nothign about our product.
    Please read http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...of-information and try my answers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

- What client version is running? 3.0.2 previous version was working
    - Client log?
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 Info TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.2 (2011-11-16 08:35:57)
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 Direct Sound Debug setting timer resolution to 1ms
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 Info Registering plugin command id: {a43ff031-c460-4828-b360-ad8fe6a5f612} appscanner_plugin
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 Query Info listening on 127.0.0.1:25639
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 Info Registering plugin command id: {8ec681ef-b48b-449e-8a4c-41aca4c3fc6d} clientquery_plugin
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 Windows Audio Session Devel DeviceDeleteList::waitForDeletes - enter
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 Windows Audio Session Devel DeviceDeleteList::waitForDeletes - leave
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 ClientUI Info Qt version: 4.7.2
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 ClientUI Info Using configuration location: C:/Users/Eppy/AppData/Roaming/TS3Client/ts3clientui_qt.conf
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 Input Info Input device name: Mouse
    11/28/2011 07:14:11 Input Info Input device name: Keyboard
    11/28/2011 07:14:12 ClientUI Info Last update check was: Sun Nov 27 22:48:59 2011
    11/28/2011 07:14:12 Info Checking for updates...
    11/28/2011 07:14:12 Info Update check, my version: 1321432557, latest version: 1321432557
    11/28/2011 07:14:59 Info Checking for updates...
    11/28/2011 07:15:00 Info Update check, my version: 1321432557, latest version: 1321432557
    - What soundcard and headset do you use? Asus P6T Motherboard with on board sound, Logitech G35
    - What operation system is running? Windows 7 64 bit, auto update is on
    - Did it work before? yes, until last update, updates checked weekly
    - What have you tried? Uninstall, reinstall, various combinations of drivers, I can test locally but when I connect I cannot be heard or hear others. The red X on the icons never leaves and I am not muted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke of Alinor View Post
    - What have you tried? Uninstall, reinstall, various combinations of drivers, I can test locally but when I connect I cannot be heard or hear others. The red X on the icons never leaves and I am not muted.
    Hello,

I would like "to see" the icons with the red x: aspect and location. Can you include an image capture of your client with the red x?

Greetings.

I was told elsewhere these bold red X's mean Windows is telling TS the devices are unavailable. But TS can test them fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was told elsewhere these bold red X's mean Windows is telling TS the devices are unavailable. But TS can test them fine.
    Hello,

Well, i'm afraid you were told badly, that's TS can test them fine. The image shows the icons bar, from you can activate or deactivate the mic or the speaker just with a mouse clic.

Please, I'm interested in other image, if you can added it:
    take a slice of picture of your user in the channel tree, just the line of your user: the semaphore, (the nickname is not important) and all the icons you have. In this line we will find information about the "current state" of your mic or speaker.

Greetings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TSProblem2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	5563
    OK, listen please - TS can test them fine. No debate, no conjecture, the mic transmits to the headphones, the headphones play the test sounds. The mic transmits to the Bose speakers. Clear enough?
    The little round blue ball gets the correct X when I mute. This in not the issue.

the mic transmits to the headphones, the headphones play the test sounds. The mic transmits to the Bose speakers. Clear enough? The little round blue ball gets the correct X when I mute.
    Hello.

Thanks for the image TSProblem2.jpg.

We can see the little round blue ball --> then you have a capture-profile and a playback-profile selected. Let's suppose you have only one profile for capture and for playback.

Are you using Push-to-talk?. Let's suppose so.
    For Mic, In case of Push-to-talk, please, verify
    Self --> Hotkey profile --> You must have selected (checked) a keyboard profile.
    Settings --> Options --> Capture --> (in advance options section) "Voice Activation Detection while PTT" must be deactivated.

For headphones:
    Settings --> Options --> Playback
    --> try to deactivate "Always set clients 3D positions when available"
    --> try to activate "Play mono sounds over center speaker when available"

Greetings.

Name:	TSProblem4.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	5564

Name:	TSProblem5.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	5565

Name:	TSProblem3.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	5566
    I sincerely appreciate the fast response.
    More pictures....

Good guessing, I am set up that way. No extra profile defined, TS saved it as the default.

I gues, the G35 is not the problem here.
    Have you tried another hotkey for Push-to-Talk?
    Maybe a button from you mouse (during test) instead CTRL?
    Or have you tried continous transmission?

I guess hte problem is your keyboard driver :-/
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Hitting control makes the blue ball change, works in testing and goes "boink" if I enable the sounds.
    Back to a Windows problem or a deeper TS problem?
    I was able to borrow a laptop for TS to raid tonight - YAY

Hitting control makes the blue ball change, works in testing and goes "boink" if I enable the sounds.
    Back to a Windows problem or a deeper TS problem?
    Hello,

Sorry, I'm a little bit confused: I don't know if you have verified
    Self --> Hotkey profile --> You must have selected (checked) a keyboard profile, in your case "Default"
    See the image: http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lu...rd_profile.jpg
    That's important!!

Greetings.

Yes, looks exactly like picture. Default is checked. I have not changed it.

Hello.

(Well, i'm running out of "bullets")

Please, due you are using W7, try this:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...562#post280562

Q1: When you are in the channel and press the key to talk, does the blue ball change?

Q2: Just temporarily, select "Continous transmission". does the blue ball change?

Q3: Have you "Plugins" activated?. Try deactivating. Close TS3 client, start it again and what about Q1?.

Greetings.

Blue ball changes properly with press to talk, voice activation and Continuous Transmission.
    All Plugins are unchecked. I was only using G15 keyboard.
    Windows control panel is configured to do nothing.

Thread Information