Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded.

i get this message on a couple of ts servers, im the only one with the acount and login, identity. any 1 know why im getting booted for this reason

Hi

i have several scenarios.

Router: Orcon Genius (aka BoB2)
    Address 1: teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net:9162, 200 ms avg ping
    Address 2: www.on3network.co.nz, 32 ms avg ping
    PC1: i5 2500k, 8G ram, Win 7 x64, Lan Connection (100mbit)
    PC2: i7 970, 12G ram, Win 7 x64, wireless connection

• PC1, Address 1, Connects then with 30 seconds disconnects with "Max...Connections.."
    • PC1, Address 1, Connects and works for 1h, 30m (approx), then disconnects with "Max...Connections.."
    • PC1, Address 2, Works fine.
    • PC2, Address 1, Works fine.
    • PC2, Address 2, Works fine.

on PC1, i have tried and settings i have

• 32 and 64 bit versions of TS3, reinstalled several times
    • Disabled firewall, on PC and on Router
    • UPnP is enabled

My Internet connection is solid, i have a low latency connection which is great for BF3.

All the testing i have done is without BF3 running.

i have asked my server admin to increase the "i_client_max_clones_uid", but as of yet it hasn't happened.

Now what should i be looking for?

what is the client doing exactly that causes the server to think there are clones?

Why will work 10% of the time on PC1, yet works fine on PC2?

My friend lives 3-4k away from me with basically the exact same setup and it works fine.
    Not sure if this matters but i am less than 50m from the Dslam (exchange) and my line Attenuation is 0.

other than that, brilliant product

Thanks
    Breachie
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 09-02-2012 at 08:15.

Hello

Guys I merged your thread.
    Same topic name and same ISP I hope it's not a double account

So, Breachie, it happens when your 2 PCs are connected on the same server or ?

Hi, only one PC at once.

but here is a interesting twist. i keep reading in forums to set the "i_client_max_clones" value to 3 or higher. so i asked my TG admin to do this. Today i got the reply that i have to do it from my end.

so i watch your tutorial videos to figure it out, and tried it. Now as it turns out i don't have permission to do anything in the group permissions.

but i did discover that if i start TS3, then connect i will be disconnected in 30 seconds. But if i connect and then open the group permissions before i get connected and stay in that screen for 30+ seconds then exit the permission screen i stay connected.

i have tested this scenario 5 times, and same results each time. its like a permission is being applied when i open the screen that otherwise wouldn't happen.

will test how long the connection lasts tonight, and if i get disconnect will the same trick work again.

Breachie

What is your client version ?
    What is the server version ?

Client 3.0.3 on Windows
    Server 3.0.1 on Linux

--- Merged ---

More info

but i did discover that if i start TS3, then connect i will be disconnected in 30 seconds. But if i connect and then open the group permissions before i get connected and stay in that screen for 30+ seconds then exit the permission screen i stay connected.
    tried this test again (12 hours later), and its not reacting the same way. between each test i waited for 60 seconds and closed the client each time.

1-4 attempts i get disconnected regardless if i'm in the "group permissions".
    5 attempt, get connected and "group permissions" gets me connected. (ran for 3 minutes, then i disconnected the session manually)
    6 attempt, didn't open permissions group, disconnected 30 seconds
    7 attempt, didn't open permissions group, disconnected 30 seconds
    8 attempt, get connected and "group permissions" gets me connected. (ran for 3 minutes, then i disconnected the session manually)
    9,10,11 attempts i get disconnected regardless if i'm in the "group permissions".

Also i noted that if its going to work the ping starts displaying within 10 seconds at the bottom corner. in the cases where i get disconnected the ping never displays, just says "calculating ping".

so i think the having the "group permissions" open is a bit of a red herring.

Hope this helps

--- Merged --

I have tried installing TS3 in XP mode, to try and eliminate any windows 7 conflicts. the results where the same.

Can you explain what is happening?

Is the client not receiving some confirmation from the server fast enough?
    Is the server not receiving a response client and asking for it to login again?

If you could explain then maybe will have a better idea on where to look for the issue.

Thanks
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 15-02-2012 at 08:16.

Unfortunately I don't understand what happen and why.

But little question, do you get directly the "Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded" message or, before, "Connection timeout" ?

here is the typical, i can talk, change channels until "Connection Lost"

<20:42:56>  Trying to resolve hostname teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net
    <20:42:57>  Trying to connect to server on teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net:9162
    <20:42:58>  Connected to Server: TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor
    <20:42:58>  The cost of TS3 has increased. HELP US by becoming a TG Sponsor! http://tw.tghq.org/index.php?showtopic=7331
    <20:43:25>  Connection to server lost
    <20:43:26>  Trying to resolve hostname teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net
    <20:43:26>  Trying to connect to server on teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net:9162
    <20:43:27>  Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded.

Ha ok ! I understand now and this is not exactly the same thing.
    And this is the reason why I don't understood your problem before

The max identity message appears because in your server group (or client permission, etc) the i_client_max_clones_uid permission has a value to 1

When you get a connection lost, a "ghost" user stay nearly 2 or 3 second on the server. So if you can't connect several "clone" you obviously get this message.

As you wrote in your first message, you already asked to your admin to change it. Recheck your all permissions (group channel client, etc

About the connection lost, that depends on several things (networks, computer, game, other soft, etc).

Ok, the current setup for TG means i don't have any permissions in the "group channel".

What admin setting do they need to grant me so i can add permissions to the "Group Channel"?

Now, diagnosing the "connection lost".

My PC has been recently built, and is reasonably lean when it comes to software.
    - Office 2007, Steam, Origin, TS3. Nothing is set to auto start. (and now skype, which works fine).

Would the server show any extra info as far as the reason why i disconnected?

Is there any way to debug TS3 to establish the exact reason for disconnecting?

Are there any 3rd party tools you would recommend to help diagnose the issue?

Thanks

ok, we have had a break through.

Every time i got disconnected i received this event log message from NetBT "The name "WORKGROUP :1d" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 10.1.1.30. The computer with the IP address 10.1.1.3 did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer."

10.1.1.3 is my media server Windows server 2003.
    10.1.1.30 is my main machine.

So i turned the media server off, and i connected and started getting the ping within 10 seconds. YEAH!!!

But, I then disconnected and tried again and got disconnected every time. No error in the log.

Started my server, and i got connected fine.

<18:57:06>  Trying to resolve hostname teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net
    <18:57:07>  Trying to connect to server on teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net:9162
    <18:57:07>  Connected to Server: TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor
    <18:57:07>  The cost of TS3 has increased. HELP US by becoming a TG Sponsor! http://tw.tghq.org/index.php?showtopic=7331
    <18:57:34>  Connection to server lost
    <18:57:35>  Trying to resolve hostname teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net
    <18:57:35>  Trying to connect to server on teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net:9162
    <18:57:36>  Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded.
    <18:59:40>  Trying to resolve hostname teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net
    <18:59:40>  Trying to connect to server on teamspeak.tacticalgaming.net:9162
    <18:59:41>  Connected to Server: TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor
    <18:59:41>  The cost of TS3 has increased. HELP US by becoming a TG Sponsor! http://tw.tghq.org/index.php?showtopic=7331
    <19:00:53>  You switched from channel "Connected" to "Alpha"
    <19:00:53>  Channel group "Guest (1555)" was assigned to "TGxBreachie" by TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor.
    <19:04:39>  "TGxShawn_Thomas BF SL" disconnected (leaving)
    <19:04:55>  You switched from channel "Alpha" to "Bravo"
    <19:04:55>  Channel group "Guest (1555)" was assigned to "TGxBreachie" by TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor.
    <19:05:58>  "TG Blaze72 BF SA" disconnected (leaving)
    <19:08:30>  You switched from channel "Bravo" to "Alpha"
    <19:08:30>  Channel group "Guest (1555)" was assigned to "TGxBreachie" by TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor.
    <19:09:25>  "TG Von CoD" connected to channel "Connected"
    <19:09:46>  "TG Von CoD" switched from channel "Connected" to "Call of Duty Division (CoD)"
    <19:09:46>  Channel group "Guest (1555)" was assigned to "TG Von CoD" by TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor.
    <19:09:57>  You switched from channel "Alpha" to "Bravo"
    <19:09:57>  Channel group "Guest (1555)" was assigned to "TGxBreachie" by TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor.
    <19:10:06>  You switched from channel "Bravo" to "Alpha"
    <19:10:06>  Channel group "Guest (1555)" was assigned to "TGxBreachie" by TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor.
    <19:10:09>  You were moved from channel "Alpha" to "Banshees (IS)" by "TGxchalas BF XO"
    <19:10:09>  Channel group "Guest (1555)" was assigned to "TGxBreachie" by TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor.
    <19:10:17>  You switched from channel "Banshees (IS)" to "Alpha"
    <19:10:17>  Channel group "Guest (1555)" was assigned to "TGxBreachie" by TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor.
    <19:11:18>  You were moved from channel "Alpha" to "Banshees (IS)" by "TGxchalas BF XO"
    <19:11:18>  Channel group "Guest (1555)" was assigned to "TGxBreachie" by TG TS3 Server - Help cover the costs by becoming a TG Sponsor.

no issues, will keep testing.

Solved.

This was a combination of hardware and location, the Orcon Genius Router + Being 25m from the DSLAM.

I changed back to my original 3Com router and it works fine.

Orcon have said there are issues with this hardware being so close to the DSLAM.

Max number of connections problem?

Not sure quite what to put this thread under.

My friend has had some problems connecting to my server and I have no idea where this would come in. Below is a copy of the log that he was looking at so you can see what the "Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded" thingy is. He is now on his 3rd ID since the second one ran out after 1 connect. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? He did get banned yesterday, but has since been unbanned.

<14:33:28> "Supermarine Spitfire X": 14:15:14> Trying to connect to server on 10.10.2.93
    <14:15:17> Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded.
    <14:15:18> Trying to connect to server on 10.10.2.93
    <14:15:19> Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded.
    <14:15:50> Trying to connect to server on 10.10.2.93
    <14:15:54> Connected to Server: server
    <14:15:54> Welcome to My server. rules/notifications will be put in the welcome message(that "TS3 Server" sends), so make sure you have a look at it.
    <14:16:01> You switched from channel "Default Channel" to "Awesomeness"
    <14:16:01> Channel group "Guest (" was assigned to "Supermarine Spitfire X" by server.
    <14:28:26> Connection to server lost
    <14:33:29> "Supermarine Spitfire X": <14:28:27> Trying to connect to server on 10.10.2.93
    <14:28:28> Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded.
    <14:28:37> Trying to connect to server on 10.10.2.93
    <14:28:39> Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded.
    <14:29:03> Trying to connect to server on 10.10.2.93
    <14:29:07> Connected to Server: server
    <14:29:07> Welcome to My server. rules/notifications will be put in the welcome message(that "TS3 Server" sends), so make sure you have a look at it.
    <14:29:13> You switched from channel "Default Channel" to "Awesomeness"
    <14:29:13> Channel group "Guest (" was assigned to "Supermarine Spitfire X" by server.
    <14:29:14> already member of channel

When you loose the connection to a Server, the Server will keep the client around for a minute or so because it didn't receive a notification that the client disconnected. The Client just stopped sending data. In case the Client does start sending data again (might've just lost internet connection briefly) all is fine, if not the server will drop the client after a short period of time. He just has to wait 30 - 60 seconds before trying to reconnect and all is fine.
    Alternatively you can increase the i_client_max_clones_uid permission which will allow multiple connections from the same client at the same time (up to however many you specify with said permission)

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

Guys I merged your thread.
    Same topic name and same ISP I hope it's not a double account

So, Breachie, it happens when your 2 PCs are connected on the same server or ?
    Don't worry, it isn't a double account. We might show up as same ISP, But I am really behind another private ISP and whatnot...

Thread Information