Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved server 3.0.2 : serverquery flooding control broken?!

Hi,

at first I tought it might be some issue with my server or its configuration. But after working and experimenting with the server and the config I think it is a bug.

Summary: After update to 3.0.2 a various range of TS viewing tools get error 524 "client is flooding".

To me it seems that server version 3.0.2 is either ignoring the "query_ip_whitelist.txt" or the new "virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ip_block" or "virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_command_bloc k" is overruling the settings.

I have found the following solutions:
    • downgrade to server 3.0.1;
    • in server 3.0.2 massivly raise the value of "virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ip_block" and "virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_command_bloc k";

If this is intended to be like this, it would have been nice if there was a hint in "ts3_serverquery_manual.pdf". The serverquery manual only states that flooding is controlled by "query_ip_whitelist.txt" and "SERVERINSTANCE_SERVERQUERY_FLOOD_*". Which does not quite work (for my server).

Barungar
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 04-03-2012 at 15:25.

yea same here server is not banning for flooding after last server update

Quote Originally Posted by dehjvg View Post
    yea same here server is not banning for flooding after last server update
    If you read the changelog it clearly states that it will not ban now. If a clients point are too high the server just ignores any command from them until their points are low again.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    If you read the changelog it clearly states that it will not ban now. If a clients point are too high the server just ignores any command from them until their points are low again.
    That is okay, but it does not state that serverquery is affected as all. And even if so, "query_ip_whitelist.txt" should overrule this because most viewing tools tend flood commands as they repeat a sequence of serverquery commands every second.

Barungar

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    That is okay, but it does not state that serverquery is affected as all. And even if so, "query_ip_whitelist.txt" should overrule this because most viewing tools tend flood commands as they repeat a sequence of serverquery commands every second.

Barungar
    I was not responding to you, I was responding to dehjvg. His issue is not what you mention and is clearly mentioned in the change log.

I agree with you that query_ip_whitelist.txt should be respected in the anti-spam system. In my opinion, if the new system is ignoring the white list it is bugged.

query_ip_whitelist.txt had never something todo with antispam.

please use the correct perm: permission b_client_ignore_antiflood

Barungar, I've tested and I too think this is broken in 3.02.

R.Ludwig, assuming antispam and antiflood are more or less the same thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANGELOG
    <trimmed>
    === Server Release 3.0.0-beta13 18 Jan 2010
    <trimmed>
    + added query ip whitelist, entries wont be affected by flood protection
    <trimmed>
    While using query from an IP in the whitelist and getting "error id =524 msg=client\sis\sflooding" seams to be a contradiction to me.

As I remember this update it was to support webviewers not needing to login or giving the query guest account the permission you mention as that would allow anyone to flood the server.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    query_ip_whitelist.txt had never something todo with antispam.

please use the correct perm: permission b_client_ignore_antiflood
    I would be grateful if it where so. Nevertheless do all webviewers get an error 524 "client is flooding". All I changed was to update from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2! All webviewers are clearly defined in the query_ip_whitelist.txt ... but they get error 524. The strange thing is, if you raise the values "virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ip_bloc k" and "virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_command_blo c k" they can work.

So in my opinion there is a bug in server 3.0.2 because query_ip_whitelist.txt seems to have no consequence anymore to serverquery clients as it was in 3.0.1!
    Last edited by Barungar; 05-03-2012 at 15:19.

I made a ticket for that.
    This needs an overhaul and works as long you did not select any virtual server at this moment.

Internal ticket ID TSSERVER-28
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

this needs an simple fix which is done... after testing i gonna release a pre version by tommorow morning.

Thanks guys!

The problem as guest query was fixed here, but a wrong login will get banned after 3 tries! This won't be changed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

you can grab an pre version here:
    http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts...leases/server/

Thank you, installed on test server, will test when I get to work since that IP is already in the test server's whitelist.

Tested, confirmed fixed in 3.0.3-pre1.

Thanks again.

Thread Information