Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[Release] TS3 GroupChat Plugin

This Plugin adds the ability to have private Chats with multiple People at the same time.

Invite others to a Groupchat and chat with as many people at the same time as you like. The only Requirement is that all Clients must be connected to the same TeamSpeak Server.
    You can of course have multiple GroupChats on different (or the same) Server(s).

If the Client you invited does not have the Plugin running you will be notified.
    All Clients must have the Plugin running in order to be able to join a GroupChat.

Download:
    Addons Page / API 19 SHA1 Hash: 42F5383D590086F50572E52ED8420BD50E475BE0
    Client 3.0.7 / API 17 SHA1 Hash: 0C8E7414DF989326DC3AD7B25B6210AF23D6F4E6
    Client 3.0.8.1 / API 18 SHA1 Hash: 4C0058CEFBDA4ADE9F2997EECD663090A670EE1B
    Client 3.0.9 / API 19 SHA1 Hash: 42F5383D590086F50572E52ED8420BD50E475BE0
    Last edited by SilentStorm; 26-10-2012 at 19:32. Reason: Added API 19 Version.

nice plugin, I was looking for something like this before, question is how often people will use this while they can chat
    Also may I suggest the plugin integrated to the main teamspeak window as a tab instead of a extra window.

Quote Originally Posted by heylo View Post
    nice plugin, I was looking for something like this before, question is how often people will use this while they can chat
    Also may I suggest the plugin integrated to the main teamspeak window as a tab instead of a extra window.
    Glad you like it.
    By "chat" I suppose you mean talk. To answer: I had Situations in mind where you are in a Channel with many people talking to them, but at the same want to chat with some people (which do not need to be the same as those you are talking to and not even need to be in your Channel) in private, which is what this Plugin can help with.

As far as integrating the plugin into the Teamspeak main window: Officially this is neither supported nor wanted (afaik - otherwise there'd be support for this in the SDK I think), which is not to say it's not entirely impossible right now but it would require some rather nasty & unreliable tricks to be used. To my knowledge it would also cause Problems if multiple Tabs are used in the Client (aka when you are connected to multiple Servers).
    In addition to the technical difficulties involved there is also the fact that space in the Teamspeak main window is very limited (by default at least) and the plugin stuff would not really fit well in there (space wise).

The teamspeak auto-installer crashes when trying to launch the .ts3_plugin file. I'm running teamspeak 3.0.6 on Windows 7 x86.

The Version on the Addons Page is still API 15 as the 3.0.6 Client is not yet available on the Downloads Page.
    Not sure why the Installer would crash though. It should just tell you the Plugin is not compatible or install it anyway (which wouldn't make a difference).
    I am already working on getting the next Release ready, but it still needs some work and basic testing before I can release the next Version which will of course be API 16.
    I expect to have the release ready within a week (likely sometime next weekend) so please be patient for now or revert back to 3.0.5.

Update for Client 3.0.6 API 16

People already using Client 3.0.6 (API 16) can get a Prerelease compatible with said Client here.

Addons Site will be updated with this Release once 3.0.6 goes stable.

Sorry for the long wait for the API 16 Version, was quite busy in real life :S

This sounds like a good idea! I have installed it, alas noone else has it so I haven't been able to test it.

Will you be bringing out a Mac version in the future? I work between 2 systems and would love to be able to linked in when on my Mac, not just Win7.

Cheers.
    ~MW

Apart from the Fact that I really dislike Apple, the Problem with Mac really is Apple and their arrogance.

I am not willing to buy their overpriced stuff for the sole reason of being able to compile software for MacOS, and since unlike Linux you cannot just download it and install it in a Virtual machine I see little chances to support Mac I'm afraid. When I checked like a year ago it was even so that you cannot install it in a VM at all even if you had a Disc.

About not many people using it: I don't know according to the Addons Page there are almost 2k Downloads last time I checked, but you can always just tell your Friends about it so they install it too

Thanks for your answer. I will take a look at running the Win7 as much as I can for group events.

I was meaning "not many" is on my server - I have sent them all the link now though and will also be advertising it on our TS info page on our forums & website.

I get so annoyed at the mod(s) here who dismiss the request to have a new chat function as being that it's not "necessary" after all, as you say, there are over 2k downloads for yours! There should be a server wide option to have a multiple chat option depending on the room you are in.

As an Admin/Mod of my server I should be able to have access to the general chat room whilst I am in another room. *annoyed*

Anyway, I've managed to get a few of our users to install your plugin *thank goodness* and we're trialling what can & can't be done on it!

Thanks for being a huge positive TS developer!
    ~MW

Question about GroupChat plugin.

Hi, I have Question, to GroupChat Plugin, and others. I need to install plugins to website of server's hosting ? Because, when I have installed this Plugin, I have only this plugin, no one else.

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; 23-04-2012 at 08:30.

Quote Originally Posted by medox' View Post
    Hi, I have Question, to GroupChat Plugin, and others. I need to install plugins to website of server's hosting ? Because, when I have installed this Plugin, I have only this plugin, no one else.

*** Thread Merged ***
    Currently ServerSide Plugins are not possible, and yes everyone you want to invite has to have the plugin running.

Quote Originally Posted by sKeLeTr0n View Post
    Da klaut er meine Idee einfach
    you are still alive? Haven't seen u in ages :P

Plugin not working, on the "Plugin's List"
    Plugin failed to load:
    Failed to open plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.R View Post
    Plugin not working, on the "Plugin's List"
    What Client are you running and what OS?

On Windows you actually need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime Libraries which are linked on the Addons Page (or you can just google them)
    Also make sure you have the correct Version for your Client. Addons Page currently offers API 16. There is nothing newer available yet either.

On Linux it should just be working, at least I am unaware of any specific Requirements.

Version for the latest Beta Client is now available for Windows Users only so far. See Original Post for the Link.

Updated Addons Page for API 17.
    Updated to Version 1.1.0 fixing a Crash under certain circumstances.

Dropped Support for Clients older than 3.0.7.
    Currently only available for Windows, might build Linux Version later on but doesn't seem anyone is using Linux Version so it doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Thread Information