Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Solved Play .wav files hosted on server via keybinds

Hey all,

I've done some searching and saw a ts3 soundboard plugin, but I'm not sure if that will use binds that are hosted on the server.

This is probably the number one thing holding back my gamer buddies and I from switching from Ventrilo. I loved TS2 back in the day, but I have mixed feelings towards TS3.

What we want is to be able to upload a bunch of funny .wav files so we can press keybinds and it plays the audio clip in the channel. We are able to do this via Ventrilo, but you have to have everyone download the .wav pack and install it in the same location in the appdata folder of vent. I'd love to just use the FTP ability of the TS3 server and host it from there. That way, if I make changes or add things, everyone will not have to download the file all over again.

I'd love if this functionality was built in/possible versus having to go through the "app-store" of add-ons. But I guess, I'll take what I can get.

It also looks like it's been a requested feature since 2003/2004 with TS2.

Thank you,

-Fo
    Last edited by -[BBD]-MotherFo; 13-03-2012 at 17:42. Reason: 2003/2004 request.

Old thread, but:
    The plugin should be able to stream via HTTP.

But why upload the files to the server anyways? Okay, if someone else wants to start playing some new sounds, he or she would need to get them from you. But there's no need for all other people to have the sounds, nor to have the plugin at all.

We won't add the function to play audio files through the client per hotkey.
    Please use a plugin for this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Thread Information