Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Clients first conenction and conenction count is still availbale in our default theme.
    Please use your mous and hover over "Online since:" a tooltip will shown booth informations.

---------------------------

We have released a custom "default" theme. This pack brings all these information back.
    http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...ient-Info.html

Official client release is today
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

I have two issues here: firstly, my teamspeak instance updated itself to this beta version such that I thought it was an actual release; I've never touched update.ini . It just updated for me around 24 hours ago.

Secondly, and more importantly, the TeamSpeak dev team quite often seems to be of the philosophy that they can decide what is useful for their users and what is not. There is a huge difference, though, between deciding that the average user will not need an option, and to disable it by default, and to take it out of the client. You should never ever remove a feature that worked properly. You can certainly decide the average user will not use something and change the default, but to make users that want the information have to go out of their way to download a separate theme (which may become more outdated with further updates, and end up being inferior) is entirely preposterous.

Removing a broken feature or a bug is one thing, but, I, and as I can see from this thread, a lot of other users, used that feature extensively. There is no good reason to take it out whatsoever when a simple checkbox that is disabled by default can be provided. And, as I've already said, what of TeamSpeak 3.0.7? Or 3.0.8? What happens when TeamSpeak itself updates? Will this theme always update with it, or am I going to be missing ID information on the default theme of future versions, and missing new features on this "administrator" theme. None of this makes any sense, you should never remove the features of a program. >.< I wholeheartedly propose you leave decisions of whether or not to *use* a feature to the end user, rather than taking away their abilities. Besides all that, what about people that want to use a custom theme? They can't have something that looks a certain way AND have all their information!? Information doesn't belong in something intended for visual changes. :-/

On one final note, I was trying to solve this problem on my end, thinking I'd done something wrong or there was some setting for a few hours. I finally Google it and find out it was intentionally removed. :-/

EDIT: All the above said, I DO appreciate that there is a theme, rather than no way whatsoever to view this information, but, I don't think it should be the only way by a long shot. Thanks, though, dante696.

We deciede to remove bugs????? Your Update.ini will never write channel beta into that file itself :-/

Note I guess we add that theme in client 3.0.7 by default. It's not that big, but we need to do soem changes, that won't be included in client 3.0.6, because the upload is already running.

Thread closed, because for stable forum thread.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Thread Information