Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

[RELEASE]TS3 Soundboard GUI

This plugin adds a GUI to the Soundboard plugin so that you can control it by pressing on-screen buttons.
    Get it here (for 32 and 64-bit Windows, API v.16).

How to use:

• Install, activate, and configure TS3 Soundboard first. Verify that you can control it using /soundboard commands.
    • Install & activate this plugin. When started for the first time, a simple 6-button GUI will be displayed with buttons assigned to non-existing sounds.
    • In Settings->Plugins, select Soudboard GUI, then click on "Settings" to edit the configuration file in your default text editor. The file itself contains instructions how to use it.
    • When finished, save the file and click on "Reload All" in the TS3 plugin settings dialog to see the changes.
    • Repeat until you are happy with the GUI.

Note that the plugin likely won't be able to remember its window position while you're editing the configuration file in a text editor, but will do so once the file is closed.

This plugin is provided as-is, with no support (sorry guys, no time ). I will try to at least recompile it for new API versions, but I sometimes don't use TS for several days in a row, so I might not catch the update immediately.

Api version is not compatible with client vers. 3.0.5, 64 bit

I've just re-downloaded it and tested with 3.0.6, 64-bit (API 16), and it works. Which API version(s) do you see in Plugins dialog?

Quote Originally Posted by ugc-tokeah View Post
    Api version is not compatible with client vers. 3.0.5, 64 bit
    To be expected since the Author specifically stated in the OP that it is for 3.0.6 which is available as Beta Version.

I'm a little confused here ( What a shock. ), can you only use the sounds you showed on the add on page or can you add custom sounds?

What method do you use to communicate with Soundboard? Some of the users of the G-Key plugin are interested to see support for it. Could you release the source code?

Awesome Thanks for using my plugin as base, nice to see things evolve. If you have any other ideas that might need changes within my plugin, just let me know.

@Armada651:
    I've not analyzed it that much, but I guess the plugin is communicating via plugin commands. That should be pretty straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Meelkee View Post
    @Armada651:
    I've not analyzed it that much, but I guess the plugin is communicating via plugin commands. That should be pretty straightforward.
    That's a given, but I see no straightforward function in the documentation allowing you to send plugin commands. So I was wondering how he did it.

syntax error?

when i try to activate the plugin it says

"Syntax error in configuration file at line 37:
    is not a valid color definition"

was trying to get the custom color of the borders and might have deleted something i shouldnt

but now i cant get into the setup file again... is there eny way to fix this?
    tried reinstalling the plugin but that didnt help...

on TS3 3.0.6 x64 Windows 7 Installed from the addon page (addon installer shows version 1.0)
    TS3 shows:
    Plugin failed to load:
    Failed to open plugin.

there is no version number embedded into the DLL though.

Apparently no longer working :/

Any plans on an update?

I won't update my TS3 cuz then I'll lose this plugin, and it's the best!
    Unfortunately some ppl cant hear my sound no longer. Maybe it's because they got a newer version of TS3 then me?

Mac

how would one go about finding the gui for a mac?

Help me

Quote Originally Posted by Nuwen View Post
    This plugin adds a GUI to the Soundboard plugin so that you can control it by pressing on-screen buttons.
    Get it here (for 32 and 64-bit Windows, API v.16).

How to use:

• Install, activate, and configure TS3 Soundboard first. Verify that you can control it using /soundboard commands.
    • Install & activate this plugin. When started for the first time, a simple 6-button GUI will be displayed with buttons assigned to non-existing sounds.
    • In Settings->Plugins, select Soudboard GUI, then click on "Settings" to edit the configuration file in your default text editor. The file itself contains instructions how to use it.
    • When finished, save the file and click on "Reload All" in the TS3 plugin settings dialog to see the changes.
    • Repeat until you are happy with the GUI.

Note that the plugin likely won't be able to remember its window position while you're editing the configuration file in a text editor, but will do so once the file is closed.

This plugin is provided as-is, with no support (sorry guys, no time ). I will try to at least recompile it for new API versions, but I sometimes don't use TS for several days in a row, so I might not catch the update immediately.
    I download soundboard for mac and then a double click. I click install and it says failed to install add-on. PLZ HELP ME.

Thread Information