Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Question Customizing channels

I have searched for info, but obviously not searching for the right thing, how do you customize the look of channels so all users see it when they log into a specific channel like in this example:

If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it... thanks!

Hi

if you mean these little icons behind the name that are icon pakages that u can load on your server.
    You can create several gorups where every group has his icon. After that u just have to put the user in the specific groups

If you mean the channels, normally every user sees the channels whe he comes in. you can choose between privat and clan server, so u can or cannot see the other ppl in the channels

No I mean the image that says Strategy Division, which you can see in my screenshot but is an animated image. I assume all the text is done in the description of the channel, but I cant figure out how to place an image into the channel description like shown above.

Yes the text is in the description area.

You can upload your own Logos onto the server, but i couldn't try this feature yet. I think my hoster does not allow it sorry

I am sure I have to do more than just upload, do you know if there is documentation on this? I have FTP access to our server, but I dont know if that will be enough.

But i think thats not on the top of the window

Yeah, I dont know if you can drag it above the channel description, or if that is something different... I am not at home to try it so I will have to see when I get home. Does each channel have html that can be edited individually I wonder?

either you can link an image to the channel or you have to use BB Code.

Quote Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
    No I mean the image that says Strategy Division, which you can see in my screenshot but is an animated image.
    Hello.

This is the "Host banner". It's not an image for a channel, it's the server or host banner.

Right-clic over the name of the server on the top of the channel tree --> Edit Virtual Server --> 'Host' Tab --> Fill the 'Host Banner' section.

Greetings.

Thread Information